BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

07-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #1
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Sirius retrofit help

Hoping someone can help out. I just got done installing and coding a Sirius module I picked up off of ebay. My '04 does (or did) have $693 Sirius prep option. Here's what I've done:

-installed module, connected both antenna and power/MOST connectors that were in the trunk to the module. I crossed referenced the part number six ways to sunday, so I have no doubt that I have a module that works for my car.

-rearranged MOST bus cables at the trunk mounted location per BMWs retrofit instructions (mine were arranged exactly like the illustrations)

-before I started with coding, I tested all of my prior audio functions to make sure I didn't have a break in the MOST loop (radio, in dash CD, CD changer), all audio sources worked as they always have so I then assumed I had all of the MOST connections correct

-changed the VO in both CAS and LMA modules; removed $693 and added $655

-coded CAPPL to "SDARS akitv"

-Logged on to my Sirius account (have it in another car), and added the E60s ESN to my account

-had activation signal sent to the car.

Here's where I'm stumped; When I have the car outside, on, and set to SAT on iDrive, I can select any channel I want and clearly see that yes, the module is pulling in data and sending it through the car (I can see song titles as the songs change, etc). I simply am getting no audio output ONLY when SAT is selected on iDrive. Everything else works as it always has.

Any ideas? I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #2
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

n/m, fixed it this morning
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
thedohboy
Rep
Drives: E60 all stock.

It would be helpful to the rest of the world to explain how you fixed it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedohboy View Post
It would be helpful to the rest of the world to explain how you fixed it.
I'll preface this by saying I do have a mild case of OCD. I'm not full blown "have to turn the door knob 72 times before leaving the house", but I do have what I'd call a moderate case of OCD. I have not sought medical treatment for it as it isn't so severe that it's impacting my life other than my wife reminding me that I'm pretty strange.

I spent the better part of two hours last night trying to figure it out. I went through my coding multiple times, checked the MOST junction multiple times, moved the car to different parking lots thinking I wasn't getting a clear sight line, nothing helped. I gave up and went to bed around 11:30.

I woke up this morning at 6:30 and realized that the whole time I was doing this I wasn't wearing my blue rubber bracelet my wife gave me a month ago. I put on my bracelet, walked out to the car, started it up, and bam - Sirius worked.

This is why I have OCD.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
turboviking
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 525i

having similar issues
Appreciate 0