BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-17-2021, 01:37 PM   #7305
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Ah yes, and there lies the rub, right? Lol. Give those arrogant bastards 30 days and they'll be crying for mommy aka Canada.
There is no doubt in my mind that they'd be looking for a bailout. None. And the amount of corruption that goes on in that province...I mean its just a special little place, it really is.
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2021, 01:54 PM   #7306
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
You keep electing Prime Minister from Quebec... 43 years since 1957.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I wish they would. But only if that means they are completely cut off. Cold turkey. Find your own currency, form your own government, fund everything without relying on payments from other provinces and the Feds CONTINUALLY awarding contracts to Quebec...yeah, I'd be ok with that.

But A+ on the response!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #7307
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Now, now JJ...

Harper: Ontario
Martin: Ontario
Turner: Ontario
Clark: Alberta
Pearson: Ontario
Dief: Ontario
King: Ontario.

You can shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong.
Appreciate 1
JJ 911SC22439.50
      12-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #7308
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
The blame can't solely be placed at my feet on that one...I've been eagerly voting against a good number of them since the time I could vote, but the majority of the population appear to disagree with me.

I mean, I've voted for Bernier, but he never made it. And I knew he wouldn't. It was more a vote of protest against the actual choices that were available.

Last edited by Joekerr; 12-17-2021 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 2
JJ 911SC22439.50
      12-17-2021, 02:20 PM   #7309
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Now, now JJ...

Harper: Ontario
Martin: Ontario
Turner: Ontario
Clark: Alberta
Pearson: Ontario
Dief: Ontario
King: Ontario.

You can shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong.
I did vote for Harper...
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane70874.50
      12-17-2021, 03:03 PM   #7310
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Quote:
True, I was so focused on the geriatric drivers that I probably hadn't properly considered the larger picture.
I mean there are certainly crazy drivers anywhere, but Florida takes the cake by far.
Never been to Florida but California can be pretty bad. Especially if we get a little rain. Maniacs! lol

You probably know this since you used to live here.
      12-17-2021, 03:10 PM   #7311
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Never been to Florida but California can be pretty bad. Especially if we get a little rain. Maniacs! lol

You probably know this since you used to live here.
Oh yeah, I know. Plenty of maniacs in Cali. I will never forget some of the crazy shit I'd see often during my commute on the 405. I'd have a chick riding my ass at about 70mph (when there's light traffic) and doing her makeup at the same fvcking time! More often than not it would be a VW Jetta.

There's also some of the best places to drive in the world though. I miss THAT aspect of SoCal.

I've been to Florida enough times to know I would not want to live there. Crazy drivers is just part of it. Sorry my FL forum peeps.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 03:13 PM   #7312
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Never been to Florida

Blue hair. White knuckles. Lincoln Continental. Left lane. Turn signal on for ever. Welcome to I-95.
Appreciate 5
JJ 911SC22439.50
Dang3r12512.00
Dpc2u11503.00
cmyx6go15762.50
Tommy-G4490.50
      12-17-2021, 04:07 PM   #7313
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostynorth View Post
Quote:
I confess I'm pretty much at my end limit with the government interference in my life over COVID. Bunch of useless twats that talk out of both sides of their mouth and then institute requirements that are illogical. The very latest I found out...did you know, that if you are a close contact of a confirmed case and any members of your house who are 17 or younger are not vaccinated, that those members have to isolate for the 10 days regardless of symptoms? BUT...and here's the interesting part...this fricking clever virus KNOWS your age, because if you are 18 or older and unvaccinated in the same house, you can just go about your merry way and no need to isolate. Because you are 18, and not 17, so the virus definitely won't get you.

But the last straw for me is going to be more lockdowns / school closures / or them requiring a vaccine passport to attend church.

Did you know Quebec is now mandating a vaccine passport to attend church? If that comes to Ontario I hope every single church here stands up and collectively says "NO". That's a pipe dream and won't happen, but I think a large number will stand up to this overly authoritarian government. They need to be put in their place.
Our country is so very stupid at times. So frustrating.
It really seems like the majority will just take it and do nothing.
We actually have it pretty good compared to what the "free" USA does in some states. I remember seeing some states enforcing lock downs and having the police checking receipts at Home Depots to see if you were out buying essentials. That didn't happen here.

This needs to stop, though.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 04:11 PM   #7314
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
We actually have it pretty good compared to what the "free" USA does in some states. I remember seeing some states enforcing lock downs and having the police checking receipts at Home Depots to see if you were out buying essentials. That didn't happen here.

This needs to stop, though.
Um yeah, you guys just had wannabe cops knocking on doors to make sure you're going through a proper quarantine procedure. I remember specifically hearing that from some of your fellow countrymen. Also, I never heard of cops checking receipts at Home Depot. Sounds like something you'd hear Fucker Carlson say.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 12:28 PM   #7315
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
You know what really fucks me up? When I go in for service and get a loaner. The shifter on my car is like a manual. Reverse is to the left and up, neutral in the middle and drive to the right. So of course, I throw the shifter in the loaner to the left and up to try to back out of the spot on dealers lot. Always comical.
Accept no loaner without a driver (but feel free to accept a driver without a loaner).
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      12-20-2021, 06:23 AM   #7316
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Accept no loaner without a driver (but feel free to accept a driver without a loaner).
I have this talent for pulling you out of the shadows.
      12-20-2021, 08:14 AM   #7317
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

I confess that I think this forum is quickly going to s***.
Appreciate 2
      12-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #7318
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Glad to have you back sir.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00
      12-20-2021, 08:29 AM   #7319
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Glad to have you back sir.
Thank you sir. Good to be back.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-20-2021, 08:35 AM   #7320
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

I confess I am really annoyed at my wife but I wont say anything b/c its not worth arguing or fighting....so Ill just complain to you guys/girls instead
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #7321
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
I confess I am really annoyed at my wife but I wont say anything b/c its not worth arguing or fighting....so Ill just complain to you guys/girls instead
Smart man. A wise man said nothing.

What has she done. I love a good story.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 09:05 AM   #7322
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Smart man. A wise man said nothing.

What has she done. I love a good story.
Its pety and childish but that's me!
I spent the day Saturday at the mall and wanted to go out or make a nice steak dinner at home. She didn't want to go out so I seasoned up some choice filets. She was busy doing some stuff so low and behold we never ate Saturday (except the sushi roll I had at the mall)
Yesterday she baked a bunch of cookies in the morning, and we were going to head out for a big brunch somewhere. She proceeded to wash her hair and was not ready until 2pm by the time she cleaned up the kitchen and showered. Then she suggested a seafood festival down town which I knew would be a bust b/c it was in a rinky dink little park. We got there and you have to park in a dirt field which annoyed me bc I cleaned my car friday and now my tires were dirty . We get inside and there was like 6 people there and 1 seafood vendor. We had a drink and left, stopped at the store for some supplies for the week and upon getting home she finished off baking the rest of her cookies. Around 9pm she finished and despite me asking multiple times what she wanted to eat.....there was no eating....and no sexy time, so I am horny and hangry today, not a good combination (especially at work)

I know its pety but we only get 2 days off from work and I now this weekend will be filled with running around and such. JUST ANNOYED not mad
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
________4158.50
      12-20-2021, 09:38 AM   #7323
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Most all car forums, lol. Thinking back on the heyday's of when forums were the core of car enthusiasts with vast engagement, then people just started falling off. Hell I fell off (okay 3rd perma ban) for a couple years and only came back to sell some shit.

Admittedly I'll dabble in OT here and there with you nerds.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
TiMSport12803.00
Dang3r12512.00
      12-20-2021, 09:39 AM   #7324
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
Its pety and childish but that's me!
I spent the day Saturday at the mall and wanted to go out or make a nice steak dinner at home. She didn't want to go out so I seasoned up some choice filets. She was busy doing some stuff so low and behold we never ate Saturday (except the sushi roll I had at the mall)
Yesterday she baked a bunch of cookies in the morning, and we were going to head out for a big brunch somewhere. She proceeded to wash her hair and was not ready until 2pm by the time she cleaned up the kitchen and showered. Then she suggested a seafood festival down town which I knew would be a bust b/c it was in a rinky dink little park. We got there and you have to park in a dirt field which annoyed me bc I cleaned my car friday and now my tires were dirty . We get inside and there was like 6 people there and 1 seafood vendor. We had a drink and left, stopped at the store for some supplies for the week and upon getting home she finished off baking the rest of her cookies. Around 9pm she finished and despite me asking multiple times what she wanted to eat.....there was no eating....and no sexy time, so I am horny and hangry today, not a good combination (especially at work)

I know its pety but we only get 2 days off from work and I now this weekend will be filled with running around and such. JUST ANNOYED not mad
I feel that. My M-F schedule is crazy and I have no time at home to relax during the week. Mind you, I could have that time if I didn't work the hours that I do (totally on me) and/or go to the gym as often as I do (again, totally on me) but I have goals. With all this being said, my weekends are the only time I have to get anything accomplished. Some weekends I am uber productive, other weekends not so much. Regardless the fastest way to grind my gears is make me wait or waste my time, when I can be doing other things.

I asked the girlfriend last night, what her schedule is for the upcoming week, as hers is always crazy the week of Christmas. Three kids, mom, brother, other family, etc. I took a week off, a few years ago during Christmas. Christmas dinner at the girlfriends mother's house one night, the next night her aunt was in town - back to her moms, the next day was Christmas eve - back to her mom's, then Christmas day was spend with my boys, the day after Christmas her aunts kids were in town - back to her moms.....you can see the pattern developing. At the end of my week, I got one day to take care of shit I needed to get done. I know that she didn't plan it to be this way, but still.

Long story long, I feel you. And to touch on what you mentioned, I wouldn't bring it up either. Go get whatever the hell you'd like to eat for lunch today, enjoy that shit; then go home tonight take care of that other situation.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 10:32 AM   #7325
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi;
I feel that. My M-F schedule is crazy and I have no time at home to relax during the week. Mind you, I could have that time if I didn't work the hours that I do (totally on me) and/or go to the gym as often as I do (again, totally on me) but I have goals. With all this being said, my weekends are the only time I have to get anything accomplished. Some weekends I am uber productive, other weekends not so much. Regardless the fastest way to grind my gears is make me wait or waste my time, when I can be doing other things.

I asked the girlfriend last night, what her schedule is for the upcoming week, as hers is always crazy the week of Christmas. Three kids, mom, brother, other family, etc. I took a week off, a few years ago during Christmas. Christmas dinner at the girlfriends mother's house one night, the next night her aunt was in town - back to her moms, the next day was Christmas eve - back to her mom's, then Christmas day was spend with my boys, the day after Christmas her aunts kids were in town - back to her moms.....you can see the pattern developing. At the end of my week, I got one day to take care of shit I needed to get done. I know that she didn't plan it to be this way, but still.

Long story long, I feel you. And to touch on what you mentioned, I wouldn't bring it up either. Go get whatever the hell you'd like to eat for lunch today, enjoy that shit; then go home tonight take care of that other situation.
You hit the nail on the head. She works hard during the week and I don't hound her about anything during the week but the last thing I want to do on the weekend is sit on my fat ass and waste it unless its at the beach with a Long Island Ice Tea
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      12-20-2021, 08:22 PM   #7326
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I am almost hurt at the direction this forum, specifically off-topic, is heading.

All it is now is the same people posting the same old stale shit and the same people agreeing with it. So many (cooler) members have either been forced out, or left on their own accord. And over what, internet clout based on what slice of bread you put in the toaster today, taken on a camera from 2003?

I miss interacting with the people I considered friends here. I miss those people because I know they're alive and well, but I have no means of connecting with them anymore, because someone got too offended as a newcomer. I fully support being welcoming, but this has gotten out of hand.

Strong chance the forum user base is shifting in age and therefore I'm spacing myself out. But this is also ridiculous that we don't have "fun" threads or "fun" people around anymore, and it's all about what food I had at which meal of the day (all posted by the same people, too), or just totally random shit that's just plain boring.

I just miss my friends, man. Forums in general as a concept are dying down but that's due to people moving to other platforms. Here people are moving on because their friends are gone, and I think that's genuinely sad.

But yes, of course, let's pat each other on the back for what breakfast we made today. Let's simp over some random person solely because they said they are a woman. Let's post stale memes and be complete boomers because why the fuck not?

/rant
Appreciate 4
TiMSport12803.00
________4158.50
Dang3r12512.00
King Rudi13154.00