BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

05-10-2022, 03:10 AM   #1
Matthei
Registered
Finland
Rep
Drives: 530xd e61, Merc S500 4matic

E61 530xd Pre-LCI with a lot of problems

Oh boy..

So i bought an E61 530xd a year ago and I didn't give a second thought as it was my first car (absolute genious). And thanks to that i have a lot of problems that need to be solved. The motor is the M57D30TÜ2.

I was wondering firstly what the some common oil leaks are as the bottom and the side (and maybe also the lower front but I'm not sure) and now have to fix them to pass inspection.

Secondly I have a lot of problems with electronics as I have an error for both braking lights and have tried changing them with no success as the errors just return within a few hours.

I also have had a constant failure message for the level control system, but it still works as both shocks are filled with air and the compressor also has noise and raises the cars noticeably. Is it the sensors? Is it some blockage or minor leak? The problem is i do not have any way of checking error messages and am sure as hell not paying 200 euros for checking some codes, even if it would be easier doing that way, I mean I am posting here for a reason.

Lastly i have oil in the intake portion of the turbocharger which starts from the crankcase breather connector pipe to the intake pipe and goes down to the turbo and then goes into the combustion chamber which results to a black cloud of smoke. But i am not quite sure if it is the crankcase breather as I changed it, but i changed it to an empty one as my old one was also empty, should i but a loo roll type or vortex type? Is it the turbo leaking maybe? Is it the valve stem seals?

I would appreciate any word of advice.
Thanks
Appreciate 0