BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

12-03-2022, 02:54 PM   #155
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Maybe but committee may try to avoid OSU - Michigan unless it is the final championship game. (But agree in TCU being in at either 3 or 4.)
As soon as I said that they fumbled a return and let Duggan run all over the field.
Its better TCU wins because a pair of SEC teams and a pair of Big10 teams in the 4 team playoffs? Don't look right. But from what I see from TCU, Michigans gonna eat them up. And as I type this they couldn't even punch it in from the 1. What a shitshow. I don't know how you give #3 to these guys. Whats next Purdue beats Michigan? WOW

Last edited by BMWILUVU; 12-03-2022 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 03:06 PM   #156
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

K St #4???

Or USC/TCU battle for #4
      12-03-2022, 03:09 PM   #157
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
As soon as I said that they fumbled a return and let Duggan run all over the field.
Its better TCU wins because a pair of SEC teams and a pair of Big10 teams in the 4 team playoffs? Don't look right. But from what I see from TCU, Michigans gonna eat them up. And as I type this they couldn't even punch it in from the 1. What a shitshow. I don't know how you give #3 to these guys.
I would put TCU down to number #4. Let OSU and M rematch for right to represent Big 10 in championship game. Granted there are a couple more games to be played today.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2022, 03:11 PM   #158
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

LOL we still have a Big10 championship game to sift through. Upset city.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 03:16 PM   #159
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
LOL we still have a Big10 championship game to sift through. Upset city.
No shot Mich loses to 8-4 Purdue. That would be an ugly loss. Mich 17 point favorites.

Georgia/LSU game more likely to produce an upset.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #160
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
No shot Mich loses to 8-4 Purdue. That would be an ugly loss. Mich 17 point favorites.

Georgia/LSU game more likely to produce an upset.
Was going to mention LSU is moving the ball well against Georgia.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 03:45 PM   #161
AlpineBoost
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 Civic Type R

Garage List
LSU is their own worst enemy.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 08:00 PM   #162
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

USC lost to #11 Utah twice this year, I think they’re out of the playoff. I think that TCU is still in and Ohio State gets the fourth spot with Michigan at #2 and TCU at #3.
      12-03-2022, 08:06 PM   #163
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
USC lost to #11 Utah twice this year, I think they’re out of the playoff. I think that TCU is still in and Ohio State gets the fourth spot with Michigan at #2 and TCU at #3.
That’s what I expect as well.
      12-03-2022, 09:11 PM   #164
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Parroting Saban, Bama vs any of the 4 teams in selection, which of the 4 teams would actually be favored against Alabama in a playoff game? And Purdue is hanging in there against UM. Exciting day of college football for certain.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 09:34 PM   #165
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Parroting Saban, Bama vs any of the 4 teams in selection, which of the 4 teams would actually be favored against Alabama in a playoff game? And Purdue is hanging in there against UM. Exciting day of college football for certain.
Bama was pretty heavily favored over Tennessee and LSU and lost both games. They lost two games and no team that has lost two games has ever made it into the playoffs. It doesn't make sense to penalize teams that made it to their conference championship games and lost close games (TCU). Resumes for TCU and Ohio State are just better with one loss and wins against better teams than Bama had. Hypothetical spreads and close losses aren't a basis to get into the playoffs.
GERMAN M34181.00
      12-03-2022, 09:51 PM   #166
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Bama was pretty heavily favored over Tennessee and LSU and lost both games. They lost two games and no team that has lost two games has ever made it into the playoffs. It doesn't make sense to penalize teams that made it to their conference championship games and lost close games (TCU). Resumes for TCU and Ohio State are just better with one loss and wins against better teams than Bama had. Hypothetical spreads and close losses aren't a basis to get into the playoffs.
Lets be real, TCU would get housed by both Tenn and LSU. SEC is just different, full of grown a$$ men at every position. Alabama lost by one point to LSU and 3 points to Tenn, two elite football squads this year. TCU loses both of those if they on their schedule, by a lot more than Bama did. With that said, Bama had their chance. Time for TCU to get throttled by Georgia, if TCU gets 4 spot.

Quote:
That is the question, does the committee look for the 4 best football teams or do they only look at their records? Alabama is clearly a better football team than TCU.

Last edited by M3WC; 12-03-2022 at 10:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2022, 11:00 PM   #167
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

If we are going to be academic, then put TCU at #4. Sure they are 1-loss. Seriously though, lets face it, there is no team on that top 4 which is going to beat Georgia. What kind of playoff is that. Is anyone really going to put money on TCU beating Alabama? I am sure this debate is raging all over the internet this crazy Saturday.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 07:40 AM   #168
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If we are going to be academic, then put TCU at #4. Sure they are 1-loss. Seriously though, lets face it, there is no team on that top 4 which is going to beat Georgia. What kind of playoff is that. Is anyone really going to put money on TCU beating Alabama? I am sure this debate is raging all over the internet this crazy Saturday.
Alabama was highly favored in both games they lost this year so not sure betting lines matter much to seeing who belongs in the playoffs. And if giving credit to Bama for close losses, what about the 1-point win vs. Texas? The could be 9-3 just as easily at 11-1.

Like I’ve been saying, Bama had a down year for Bama and the SEC West had what was probably its weakest year in a long time. LSU’s 4th loss vs. UGA doesn’t help Bama. There is no objective measure that merits Bama being the first 2-loss team to get into playoffs this year.

I agree UGA is in a class of their own and should win everything again. I think it will be 1. UGA, 2. Michigan, 3. TCU 4. Ohio State. Ohio State wouldn’t be there without the USC loss and TCU played a good game so I think TCU stays at 3. Michigan - Ohio State rematch only happens if they both win first games.
      12-04-2022, 10:36 AM   #169
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Georgia
UM
OSU
TCU.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
M3WC3645.00
      12-04-2022, 11:00 AM   #170
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Alabama was highly favored in both games they lost this year so not sure betting lines matter much to seeing who belongs in the playoffs. And if giving credit to Bama for close losses, what about the 1-point win vs. Texas? The could be 9-3 just as easily at 11-1.

Like I’ve been saying, Bama had a down year for Bama and the SEC West had what was probably its weakest year in a long time. LSU’s 4th loss vs. UGA doesn’t help Bama. There is no objective measure that merits Bama being the first 2-loss team to get into playoffs this year.

I agree UGA is in a class of their own and should win everything again. I think it will be 1. UGA, 2. Michigan, 3. TCU 4. Ohio State. Ohio State wouldn’t be there without the USC loss and TCU played a good game so I think TCU stays at 3. Michigan - Ohio State rematch only happens if they both win first games.
Agree with most what you said. Fine with TCU at #3 to avoid a first round Big10 match-up. Nothing objective will move Alabama above TCU but watching both teams and Alabama with their schedule against the SEC West and tough teams like Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, A&M and to come out with 2 last minute losses by a handful of points. People want to see competitive games. TCU is going to get schooled by Georgia and I'll likely flip the channel by end of the 1st quarter. In my opinion, Georgia needs to earn it and it should go through Alabama. If they had met in the SEC championship and they beat Alabama, then yea I say leave them off but that did not happen.
A number of ridiculous things had to happen to even get this conversation on the table and all of it happened. Providence points to putting Bama in but fine either way.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 11:18 AM   #171
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Agree with most what you said. Fine with TCU at #3 to avoid a first round Big10 match-up. Nothing objective will move Alabama above TCU but watching both teams and Alabama with their schedule against the SEC West and tough teams like Arkansas, Ole Miss, LSU, A&M and to come out with 2 last minute losses by a handful of points. People want to see competitive games. TCU is going to get schooled by Georgia and I'll likely flip the channel by end of the 1st quarter. In my opinion, Georgia needs to earn it and it should go through Alabama. If they had met in the SEC championship and they beat Alabama, then yea I say leave them off but that did not happen.
A number of ridiculous things had to happen to even get this conversation on the table and all of it happened. Providence points to putting Bama in but fine either way.
I just don’t see the SEC West in the same light this particular season. A&M was an absolute disaster. Auburn wasn’t far behind. Arkansas 6-6. LSU, Ole Miss and Miss State all lost 4 games. I don’t see that as parity among great teams. I think it was clearly a down year. There have been years when there were two or three great teams in the SEC West. Just not this year.

I agree with UGA needing to earn it, but don’t see Bama as much of a threat to them this year. I don’t really see any team as much of a threat to them. I do think TCU earned a spot. And if the system is going to let a 2 loss team in over a team with a better resume, then just eliminate teams from certain conferences from consideration up front.
      12-04-2022, 11:49 AM   #172
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I just don’t see the SEC West in the same light this particular season. A&M was an absolute disaster. Auburn wasn’t far behind. Arkansas 6-6. LSU, Ole Miss and Miss State all lost 4 games. I don’t see that as parity among great teams. I think it was clearly a down year. There have been years when there were two or three great teams in the SEC West. Just not this year.

I agree with UGA needing to earn it, but don’t see Bama as much of a threat to them this year. I don’t really see any team as much of a threat to them. I do think TCU earned a spot. And if the system is going to let a 2 loss team in over a team with a better resume, then just eliminate teams from certain conferences from consideration up front.
I think we know SEC West and SEC in general beat the crap out of each other up that is why you end up with a 6-6 Arkansas look at who they have to play but I offer you Arkansas will pummel in their bowl game this is not your run of the mill 500 team.
The way TCU ends up playing Michigan with OSU going through Georgia is at least a good compromise. Alabama had a down year its true and yet was short 5 points on SEC road games from being undefeated. I can't even believe I am defending Alabama but I'm just super glad we are done with this 4-team system.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 12:43 PM   #173
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think we know SEC West and SEC in general beat the crap out of each other up that is why you end up with a 6-6 Arkansas look at who they have to play but I offer you Arkansas will pummel in their bowl game this is not your run of the mill 500 team.
The way TCU ends up playing Michigan with OSU going through Georgia is at least a good compromise. Alabama had a down year its true and yet was short 5 points on SEC road games from being undefeated. I can't even believe I am defending Alabama but I'm just super glad we are done with this 4-team system.
Arkansas lost to Liberty.

In any event, it has been announced as UGA, UM, TCU, OSU in that order.
F32Fleet3566.00
      12-04-2022, 01:06 PM   #174
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I think Jefferson was injured that game as was also out when they barely lost to Alabama. Anyway 1 more year of this 4 team format and we're done. Really looking forward to the Georgia OSU game. By the way, Vegas power-rankings: Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, OSU
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 01:46 PM   #175
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:

Ya at this point it was more about putting together matchups which would result in highest viewership.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410954.50
      12-04-2022, 01:57 PM   #176
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Top 25 by top 5 conferences.

SEC - 6
Big 12 - 3
Big 10 - 3
ACC - 3
Pac 12 - 6

Pac 12 had a great year. Going to be interesting when Pac 12 loses USC and possibly UCLA to Big 10 after next season.
Appreciate 0