BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-04-2017, 08:55 AM   #1
te37
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SS/SO 6MT

CCW with leather?

I'm looking to carry due to recently getting my CC license. Anyone has a good holster they are using that allows them to sit in the m3/m4 without killing the leather and is comfortable? I will be CC a G19 or G26.
Thanks

p.s. no tucked shirts for me so IWB or OWB is okay to me
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I have multiple milt sparks vm2 work well. Generally carry at between 3-4 oclock position iwb. Little expensive and wait is 4 months though. Untucked shirt or light coat should be enough to protect your seat but deepens on the grip primarily as its all that will stick out. My 1911 has some pretty rough grips and still no issues in any car. Sport seat will just force you to slide the gun around to 3 rather than closer to 4 to sit.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

For sitting in a car seat the most comfortable holster I've used is an Alien Gear IWB. I have one for both my G29 and my 226. Neither seems to erode the leather.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #4
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

I carry appendix gcode incog. Best holster ever. Glock 32(same size as 19) and Glock 43
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 07:15 AM   #5
te37
Major
Rep

Thanks for the good suggestions guys! I appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #6
backhill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 2015 Sierra HD

+1 for Appendix carry. No need to worry about ruining leather, and its the quickest position to draw from. Just get used to have a barrel pointed at your junk.

This is where I got mine: http://www.insanekydexcreations.com/
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 07:28 AM   #7
te37
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhill View Post
+1 for Appendix carry. No need to worry about ruining leather, and its the quickest position to draw from. Just get used to have a barrel pointed at your junk.

This is where I got mine: http://www.insanekydexcreations.com/
Appendix carry (personally) scares the hell out of me. Don't want any muzzle (loaded or not) pointed at me, especially not down my legs with major arteries.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I carry about 98% of the time I leave the house and do so at the 4-5 o'clock position. No issues with vehicle leather.

For IWB cross breed, Alien gear and stealth gear USA make grate products. I'm currently wearing and OWB stealth gear and it's fantastic. When carrying appendix, I go with Gcode as mentioned above. Probably the highest quality holster I've used.

Also, don't underestimate the need for a quality belt.

I have some holsters (for G19 frame) and belts I'm not using any more. PM if interested.

I suppose I should state that I currently own holsters from all the manufacturers I listed above.
te37545.00
      02-06-2017, 12:59 PM   #9
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37 View Post
Appendix carry (personally) scares the hell out of me. Don't want any muzzle (loaded or not) pointed at me, especially not down my legs with major arteries.
I used to feel the same way, but I find that carrying at 3-5 o'clock would always make my pants want to slide down from the back. Think about the way pants sit on your hips, it's not a perfect circle. The waist line typically sits higher in the back and dips down in front where the button/zipper are. I've found that appendix carry compliments the way pants normally fit as opposed to your belt fighting to keep your pants up while your holster wants to go to the floor. I was always having to wear my belt way too tight. I actually quit carrying for awhile just because it wasn't worth the hassle.

Enter appendix carry - belt is back to normal tightness, weight of the gun is already in the "low" portion of my waistline. It just works so much better and more comfortably, now I carry everywhere again.
      02-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #10
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
I used to feel the same way, but I find that carrying at 3-5 o'clock would always make my pants want to slide down from the back. Think about the way pants sit on your hips, it's not a perfect circle. The waist line typically sits higher in the back and dips down in front where the button/zipper are. I've found that appendix carry compliments the way pants normally fit as opposed to your belt fighting to keep your pants up while your holster wants to go to the floor. I was always having to wear my belt way too tight. I actually quit carrying for awhile just because it wasn't worth the hassle.

Enter appendix carry - belt is back to normal tightness, weight of the gun is already in the "low" portion of my waistline. It just works so much better and more comfortably, now I carry everywhere again.
This is where choice of belt comes in. I had the same issues at the 3-5 o'clock location.

Enter a quality carry belt and now i carry everywhere far more comfortably.

Ares Aegis is top notch. I've been highly recommending them since i received my first one. Everyone i know who has gone that route has thanked me. I was actually bitching on a forum about how even carrying with my "tactical" belt left my pistol flopping around and a local guy straightened me out with this belt recommendation. I'm glad he did.

This belt is so good i can carry outside the waistband and it stays snug against my torso.

I do agree though, if not using that belt, i'd prefer appendix carry.
      02-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #11
Ryan@afd-usa.com
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

My concern is being able to draw while in the seat, I use a N82 tactical hoster for a couple of my carry pistols and really like them but I take them out and put them in the door pocket when I'm driving so I can get them if need be.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #12
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Have same concern often put it between seat and center console. But also need to think about carjacking getting out of car with it on person is better than having it stuck in door and having to go for it quickly. Situational awareness and all.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      02-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #13
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Have same concern often put it between seat and center console. But also need to think about carjacking getting out of car with it on person is better than having it stuck in door and having to go for it quickly. Situational awareness and all.
Yup.

Always prefer it on my person.
      02-07-2017, 07:22 AM   #14
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
This is where choice of belt comes in. I had the same issues at the 3-5 o'clock location.

Enter a quality carry belt and now i carry everywhere far more comfortably.

Ares Aegis is top notch. I've been highly recommending them since i received my first one. Everyone i know who has gone that route has thanked me. I was actually bitching on a forum about how even carrying with my "tactical" belt left my pistol flopping around and a local guy straightened me out with this belt recommendation. I'm glad he did.

This belt is so good i can carry outside the waistband and it stays snug against my torso.

I do agree though, if not using that belt, i'd prefer appendix carry.
I think I've just got too much ass. Currently using the Crossbreed "Classic Gun Belt", it's quite stout. Good belt, cheap belt, nothing seems to work for me IWB at the 3-5 position. Curiously, OWB has never been much issue there.
      02-07-2017, 11:08 AM   #15
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fravel View Post
I think I've just got too much ass. Currently using the Crossbreed "Classic Gun Belt", it's quite stout. Good belt, cheap belt, nothing seems to work for me IWB at the 3-5 position. Curiously, OWB has never been much issue there.
That is odd, usually it's the other way round. I didn't have any real issues until trying to carry OWB at that position. IWB seemed to be ok with a reasonable belt, but even then, it was 10x better with the Ares belt.