BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #23
last1left
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
I moved from California to Portland and i HATED IT! I lasted exactly 364 days before i had enough and moved away. Rain sucks, traffic REALLY sucks, people are weird (no offense), and I just wasnt happy. Most of the nicer places are on the west side, but everyone knows that, so they all live over there which makes the traffic a nightmare.
Dude the people aren't weird if you think that you haven't been to very many places the traffic is bad at times just like other metropolitan areas and yes to have the greenery we have it must rain.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #24
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
I moved from California to Portland and i HATED IT! I lasted exactly 364 days before i had enough and moved away. Rain sucks, traffic REALLY sucks, people are weird (no offense), and I just wasnt happy. Most of the nicer places are on the west side, but everyone knows that, so they all live over there which makes the traffic a nightmare.
Idk how true it was but I remember reading about how some newly-hired Nike exec hated Oregon so much he quit lol. Portland isn't bad per say, it's just not very exciting. My perspective is kinda skewed though cause I lived in the Seattle area, and we always viewed Portland as a "sister" city that didn't offer anything we already had.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

It has been a while since I was in the pacific NW, loved it as being cool like NCali, but not nearly as commercial/trendy. You do need to keep in mind that there is (or was) a really steep shift once you get out of the cities, and into logging country - a really deep sort of west coast rednecker scene. Not at all hip, diverse, or welcoming. Not bad folks, but pretty insular. Check out 'Sometimes a Great Notion' as their version of Grapes of Wrath for the background vibe.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #26
bryanmcree
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mazda 3

how is the crime rate in the area? i follow the NBA and Mason Plumlee's (Portland Trailblazer) car was broken into.
Appreciate 0