BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Motorweek

I was dissapointed yesterday evening when I checked my DVR and found that this weeks episode was not recorded. It was supposed to be the one with the M5. Did anyone catch the episode?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

As corny as the host is, I fukn love that show! Good to know somebody else watches it

But to answer your question, no.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I fukn love that show!
I know! Some people call it "car reviews for dummies" but I've been watching that show since I was in high school.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I personally can not stand the guys voice, it kills me to listen to him. Even though they do an okay job of doing and overall review, recently my son and I saw some of their older reviews where they gave cars great reviews only to have Topgear rip the same car to shreds and I would agree with Topgear review over Motorweek. The other thing is I love it when they say a car had little body roll through a salomom only to see the car lifting a tire.

You have to ask yourself if the guy ever drove any of the cars other than in a parking lot.

Their car fixing tips are almost as bad, they recently did on on recharging your air-conditioner and they guy said you need the profession gauges since to measure the low and high sides since over filling will damage the compressor. Not true, but if you did not know that you would not do it yourself and would be send the car to shop to do what you could do yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
rdub315
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I personally can not stand the guys voice, it kills me to listen to him. Even though they do an okay job of doing and overall review, recently my son and I saw some of their older reviews where they gave cars great reviews only to have Topgear rip the same car to shreds and I would agree with Topgear review over Motorweek. The other thing is I love it when they say a car had little body roll through a salomom only to see the car lifting a tire.

You have to ask yourself if the guy ever drove any of the cars other than in a parking lot.

Their car fixing tips are almost as bad, they recently did on on recharging your air-conditioner and they guy said you need the profession gauges since to measure the low and high sides since over filling will damage the compressor. Not true, but if you did not know that you would not do it yourself and would be send the car to shop to do what you could do yourself.
+1... well said. they just always seem to give flowery reviews and never have anything bad to say. not exactly useful critique. the corny closeups of the reviewers that they often like to throw in creep me out too.
- VTT Stage 2 turbos, VTT inlets, Cobb Pro Tune (E30 and 93 octane tunes), MFactory LSD, 335is clutch, CSF radiator, slim fans, Walbro 255, AE exhaust, AA downpipes, ETS FMIC, Vishnu DCI, ETS charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS OCC
- H&R Touring Cup Kit, Apex Arc8, M3 style front bumper, MTech style rear bumper and diffuser
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 06:03 AM   #6
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

They tend to favor American cars a little too much. We all know they suck
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #7
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
Sometimes when I read car reviews, no matter where it is, I will read it in the Motorweek guys voice in my head. His voice is to car reviews as Robin Leachs voice is to opulent lifestyle/house reviews.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #8
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post

You actually take Top Gear seriously? Motorweek doesn't heavily criticize the vehicles as Motortrend, C&D, etc do, but Motorweek has a whole lot more credibility than Top Gear. Top Gear is entertainment only. At least Motorweek probably knows the difference between bHP and wHP( the Top Gear idiots probably know too, but for entertainment purposes acted like idiots just to bash the GT500)......

Also, cars get different opinions a lot. Take Motortrends and C&D's latest full size car comparisons. Motortrend rated the Kia Cadenza first, but C&D rated it 5th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
They tend to favor American cars a little too much. We all know they suck
No, I don't know they suck. Do you have facts to back this up or you just acting like Jeremy Clarkson and getting your info from your rear end?

Cause the ATS, CTS/-V, Corvette, etc don't suck.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Where Is My Motorweek?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

The Corvette does suck. I can't speak about the Caddies but I know for a fact Corvettes SUCK. The ZR1 is the only one that's worth anything.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #11
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
The Corvette does suck. I can't speak about the Caddies but I know for a fact Corvettes SUCK. The ZR1 is the only one that's worth anything.
And you base this on what? Your opinion?

It's one thing to say Corvette's are not your thing, but at least give credit where credit is due.....

But, I'll help you with some of the BS reasons people say the 'Vette sucks....

1) the V8 is OHV
2) Leaf springs!
3) only 460 HP out of 6.2 liters? LOL!!!!
4) American!
5) people with gold chains drive them!
6) only a 6500 RPM redline? LOLZ!!!

Only legitimate gripe has been the interior being relatively cheap. Looks like though the Stingray fixed it, but will have to see it in person to determine quality of materials.

Last edited by quagmire; 06-09-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #12
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill
Are you going to back that up with some substance or are you talking out of your ass?
      06-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #13
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

LOL I'm just going to go on every forum and say the same thing. And I don't have an ass, Crimson): Oprah herself said that Corvettes are the worst cars known to man, next to all Chryslers! If I can push a cars body paneling in with my pinky, there's a problem hahaha any car can be fast if its all plastic...or "fiboorglase". If I wanted a V8, I'd just buy a Mustang GT for a reasonable price...and what's up with the Corvettes parking brake? It makes me cringe...and the fact that every guy going through their mid life crisis buys one...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2013, 10:30 AM   #14
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
LOL I'm just going to go on every forum and say the same thing. And I don't have an ass, Crimson): Oprah herself said that Corvettes are the worst cars known to man, next to all Chryslers! If I can push a cars body paneling in with my pinky, there's a problem hahaha any car can be fast if its all plastic...or "fiboorglase". If I wanted a V8, I'd just buy a Mustang GT for a reasonable price...and what's up with the Corvettes parking brake? It makes me cringe...and the fact that every guy going through their mid life crisis buys one...
only the ones who can't afford a 911
      06-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
I know! Some people call it "car reviews for dummies" but I've been watching that show since I was in high school.
Hahaha. I thought for sure I was the only Motorweek geek left lol. I've been watching that show since I was a kid. I fully agreee that their reviews are just so so. Top gear and even Fifth Gear do much better I think, but it's still a decent car show.
I had no idea they were reviewing the M5 though. I'll have to see if I can find that episode somehwere.
Appreciate 0