BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #133
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
He said selfish views on the gay community - you guys are keeping all the gays to yourselves down there, and it's unfair! How are the rest of us supposed to be fabulous??
You have such a positive view in life!

When you come to Orange County, (the real one not the one in Florida) I will treat you to some rainbow cupcakes and bagels so you don't feel left out without strong gay communities.

I will borrow my friends convertible miata for some rides too. Please grow your mustache though. He has a no girlz in the miata rule.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #134
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
You have such a positive view in life!

When you come to Orange County, (the real one not the one in Florida) I will treat you to some rainbow cupcakes and bagels so you don't feel left out without strong gay communities.

I will borrow my friends convertible miata for some rides too. Please grow your mustache though. He has a no girlz in the miata rule.

Everyone knows the east coast was founded first. You can shove the "real one" up yer butt during the miata rides. Biorin will be happy to help with that. Don't fight it, just relax, he's a professional.
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-20-2017, 05:00 AM   #135
coo-pey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 Coupe

As a geographer and well traveled person, here is my thoughts of FL and a few other states.

Florida has a rapidly expanding population. Third in the union behind Cali and Texas. It's almost 2% growth per year, which is quite a number considering total population is just north of 20 Million.

With that, you are going to have some nuts mixed into the jello. Lots of differing cultures from around the States and from foreign countries. Add to that, I have read that it's fairly easy to see police reports in Florida. So you got a large mix of different people, doing different things and then BOOM! Florida-Man type stuff hitting the headlines.

As for the state it's self. I've been there once, to Jacksonville for a business conference. I did not enjoy it. I went up and down the A1A each day I was there just trying to explore. Could not get in the jive. To be fair, I am not much a beach person. I'm sure other parts of the state are nice, and I would like to see the Gulf of Mexico area before I make my finally decision about whether or not Florida should fall off

California is a beautiful state! I've been in San Diego for a month working on a ship. Awesome area with super nice people. Wife and I were in Simi Valley / Thousand Oaks a few years back for her business thing and was again, very nice with super nice folks. LA sucks ass. Never want to go back there. While in the Marines, I trained in 29 Palms which was really neat and the Mountain Warfare School up in Bridgeport which was stunning. Very diverse state. Too bad the politics have trashed California.

NY is nice, but is very much like Cali in terms of politics. I'm too libertarian to have people tell me what every aspect of my life should be.

Ohio: No thanks. Why? Shitty roads. Plus, when I encounter Ohio drivers here in East Tennessee, it becomes quite apparent you all are in running with Florida with the worst drivers on the planet. I can see a car doing something stupid on the interstate and say to the wife "I bet it's a Ohio tagged car" and it sure as shit is 75% of the time, with the other being Florida. California and NY drivers tend to be pretty good.

We live in Knoxville TN in case those offended are wondering. We have super nice roads outside of downtown Knoxville. We don't get a ton of snow, so DOT does not scrape the shit out of the roads. I40/75 though Knoxville is rough, but that's it and they patch it regularly enough for it be only a minor issue. People here are nice and typically mind our own business. Sure, they will talk about you behind your back like every one else, but for the most part, we don't intrude on you.
      01-20-2017, 06:43 AM   #136
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

I get you on the above post. What you need to realize is Florida is just as much a melting pot of cultures as a NYC. The east coast is predominantly northeasterners from west palm south. The west coast mostly Midwesterners tampa south. Greater miami is mostly hispanic. The northern areas are mostly southerners. Jax to me is lije a part of Georgia, not florida. You just need to find where you fit in and pretty much there's an area for you. Jax would be as different from miami as say San Diego is from Sacramento or NYC from Rochester. Even more so than those examples.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #137
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo-pey View Post
As a geographer and well traveled person, here is my thoughts of FL and a few other states.

Florida has a rapidly expanding population. Third in the union behind Cali and Texas. It's almost 2% growth per year, which is quite a number considering total population is just north of 20 Million.

With that, you are going to have some nuts mixed into the jello. Lots of differing cultures from around the States and from foreign countries. Add to that, I have read that it's fairly easy to see police reports in Florida. So you got a large mix of different people, doing different things and then BOOM! Florida-Man type stuff hitting the headlines.

As for the state it's self. I've been there once, to Jacksonville for a business conference. I did not enjoy it. I went up and down the A1A each day I was there just trying to explore. Could not get in the jive. To be fair, I am not much a beach person. I'm sure other parts of the state are nice, and I would like to see the Gulf of Mexico area before I make my finally decision about whether or not Florida should fall off

California is a beautiful state! I've been in San Diego for a month working on a ship. Awesome area with super nice people. Wife and I were in Simi Valley / Thousand Oaks a few years back for her business thing and was again, very nice with super nice folks. LA sucks ass. Never want to go back there. While in the Marines, I trained in 29 Palms which was really neat and the Mountain Warfare School up in Bridgeport which was stunning. Very diverse state. Too bad the politics have trashed California.

NY is nice, but is very much like Cali in terms of politics. I'm too libertarian to have people tell me what every aspect of my life should be.

Ohio: No thanks. Why? Shitty roads. Plus, when I encounter Ohio drivers here in East Tennessee, it becomes quite apparent you all are in running with Florida with the worst drivers on the planet. I can see a car doing something stupid on the interstate and say to the wife "I bet it's a Ohio tagged car" and it sure as shit is 75% of the time, with the other being Florida. California and NY drivers tend to be pretty good.

We live in Knoxville TN in case those offended are wondering. We have super nice roads outside of downtown Knoxville. We don't get a ton of snow, so DOT does not scrape the shit out of the roads. I40/75 though Knoxville is rough, but that's it and they patch it regularly enough for it be only a minor issue. People here are nice and typically mind our own business. Sure, they will talk about you behind your back like every one else, but for the most part, we don't intrude on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
I get you on the above post. What you need to realize is Florida is just as much a melting pot of cultures as a NYC. The east coast is predominantly northeasterners from west palm south. The west coast mostly Midwesterners tampa south. Greater miami is mostly hispanic. The northern areas are mostly southerners. Jax to me is lije a part of Georgia, not florida. You just need to find where you fit in and pretty much there's an area for you. Jax would be as different from miami as say San Diego is from Sacramento or NYC from Rochester. Even more so than those examples.
Yup. Jax is pretty much Georgia. In fact, pretty much from Gainesville north may as well be Georgia and from Tallahassee west it's pretty much Alabama.
      01-20-2017, 09:15 PM   #138
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Jax is without a doubt the worst part of Florida... the panhandle blows it away (Pensacola / Destin).

Virtually 0 reason to be in Jax... nothing happens in downtown, shitty airport with no connections, dead ass city... all the negatives of a large city with 0 positives.

I think South Florida is the best, followed by Orlando / Tampa and then Pensacola...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 07:20 AM   #139
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Jax is without a doubt the worst part of Florida... the panhandle blows it away (Pensacola / Destin).

Virtually 0 reason to be in Jax... nothing happens in downtown, shitty airport with no connections, dead ass city... all the negatives of a large city with 0 positives.

I think South Florida is the best, followed by Orlando / Tampa and then Pensacola...
Agreed. Except the part about Pensacola. I have not been there so I cannot comment.
      01-21-2017, 09:16 AM   #140
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

This thread makes me want to travel to Florida.

Someone in this thread really makes me want to travel to Florida.

TL;DR - DisneyWorld
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 09:18 AM   #141
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

80 degrees and sunny again. The struggle is real.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #142
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Agreed. Except the part about Pensacola. I have not been there so I cannot comment.
Pensacola is different.. its quiet and its in the redneck part of Florida... buts its OK and its cheap to live there... and some of the best beaches in the state. Like, I said, prob 3 best spot in Florida.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #143
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Pensacola is different.. its quiet and its in the redneck part of Florida... buts its OK and its cheap to live there... and some of the best beaches in the state. Like, I said, prob 3 best spot in Florida.
Looked at places to live there and it's pretty pricey. Most of the waterfront is $800k+. Many of the houses were zoned to schools that were

I don't know if I have ever seen a school rating of 1 before.

They did have a beautiful and amazing home there for like $1.9mm though. Was pretty amazing (the school for this place is much better)

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...3_M59472-69633
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 11:43 AM   #144
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Looked at places to live there and it's pretty pricey. Most of the waterfront is $800k+. Many of the houses were zoned to schools that were

They did have a beautiful and amazing home there for like $1.9mm though. Was pretty amazing (the school for this place is much better)

If waterfront at 800k strikes you as high, I would hate to see your reaction to waterfront in my neck of the woods. Try on 20-50 million for size....
Biorin2784.50
      01-21-2017, 12:10 PM   #145
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This thread makes me want to travel to Florida.

Someone in this thread really makes me want to travel to Florida.

TL;DR - DisneyWorld
Bring yo bike. It's more fun than you'd imagine.
PoorLurker1136.50
      01-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #146
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Wachutakinboutwillis? Number 1 school ranking is the best!

PoorLurker1136.50
      01-21-2017, 01:01 PM   #147
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
If waterfront at 800k strikes you as high, I would hate to see your reaction to waterfront in my neck of the woods. Try on 20-50 million for size....
Well, when people say, "This place is cheap and near rednecks." I do not expect to find houses that expensive in an area not primarily known for expensive housing.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #148
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Quote:
Well, when people say, "This place is cheap and near rednecks." I do not expect to find houses that expensive in an area not primarily known for expensive housing.
Waterfront is a game changer, though. You can't compare ocean views to a wooded backlot for pricing. $800k is an absolute steal for that location.
Appreciate 2
      01-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #149
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Waterfront is a game changer, though. You can't compare ocean views to a wooded backlot for pricing. $800k is an absolute steal for that location.
What she said.
      01-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #150
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What she said.
This is the tamest "that's what she said" someone has ever used on me.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      01-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #151
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What she said.
I posted it really quick and then put the phone down to do something else. Also, I am not the crass and rude type like some of the other guys on here. I am sure you already figured that out...
      01-21-2017, 05:34 PM   #152
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What she said.
I posted it really quick and then put the phone down to do something else. Also, I am not the crass and rude type like some of the other guys on here. I am sure you already figured that out...
That's all right. I'm crass enough for the both of us.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #153
Alpine300zhp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
What she said.
That's all right. I'm crass enough for the both of us.
That you are
Biorin2784.50
      01-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #154
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin
Quote:
Quote:
+1. Florida contains a ton of second homes. It wouldn't be all that surprising to see a $1M second home on the beach and $300k typical home one block away.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0