BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #45
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
You mean MILF? Hot grandmas are just wrong even if they bake you cookies and make your bed afterwards.
you mean GILF.

The cookies and shit are the gravy on top.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #46
DCastaneda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 340i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I work in downtown Miami and bums are lined up in front of where I work on the sidewalk always asking for $$ whenever I make the courageous attempt to walk to Publix (It's a supermarket FYI). I hate the NW area as it reminds me of Newburgh/Poughkeepsie NY with palm trees. I don't think its tough to raise a family here, though. Mainly depends on the area you live in. Doral/Kendall/Pinecrest/South Miami IMHO are the best areas and I avoid all the bad areas like the plague. I've been here for two years and my son loves it down here as we've been fortunate to live in a exclusive area in Kendall with no issues.
Not sure I agree on the Doral bit, but the other 3 areas are nice. Doral isn't bad, just very annoying to travel around there. I'm also in Kendall and enjoy it. Probably move to South Miami area next.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 09:23 AM   #47
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Meh, the crazies are everywhere, not just Fla. Hell, Wisconsin has Jeffery Dahmer...
I just moved from Wisconsin to FL and there are some "Award winning Stupid" people here in comparison to Wisconsin or Georgia or New Jersey. By far the most aggravating place I have lived in because of the people but that is just tp say that there are more of them here for some reason?

My theory was that rich old guys came here and imported young hot stupid girls and then proceeded to breed them for generations resulting in the population now found here.

Just one of my many theories of how so many dumb people ended up in such a beautiful place....
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #48
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
I just came across this while talking to friends at work who used to live in Florida: https://twitter.com/_floridaman

These are real news stories
Before Twitter there was fark.com. Fark has a separate [Florida] tag. Enough said.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #49
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post

and we have the best women in the US... ugh, so stressful seeing latinas everywhere.

and say what you guys want about the people down here,but they are much better here than in the NE. Everyone in Jersey or NY is .1 seconds away from having an aneurysm. It's laid back down south.
Midwest is more laid back,

Yes the women are all beautiful, the sun always shines and it rains once a day. No potholes and no winter + beaches. Love it but wish we could trade some of the people.

Maybe a National People Draft and just trade people like sports teams?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 09:53 AM   #50
angelr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 aw/ir m coupe, 2013 S4

I'm leaving after over 20 years. Need mountains, curves and bucking the trend...snow.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #51
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Yes. It is terrible here. Absolutely god awful. Whatever you do, please do not come down here unless it is to visit Disney for 3 days, pump thousands of your dollars into the economy, and then leave.

When you turn 70 and you decide to move here, go directly to Naples or The Villages. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, and do not settle in any other location other than the aforementioned areas. Sell your car that you no longer need, and buy a golf cart.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Kyle
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 09:59 AM   #52
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelr View Post
I'm leaving after over 20 years. Need mountains, curves and bucking the trend...snow.
I do miss the mountains and the curves, however, snow is something I don't miss. Driving to work and back I think of Rt 218 between West Point and Cornwall NY
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #53
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
Recent study shows FL with the highest incident of Fraud per 100 people in the U.S....

Bunch of Cheaters!!!!!

Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 10:54 AM   #54
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeGuy View Post
How is Lakeland fl??? I'm planing to move the family down from NY in a couple weeks. Anyone wanna give me a heads up??
Here is a heads up. Don't move to Lakeland. Unless you live in po-dunk NY back country, Lakeland will be a huge let down. Better off moving to Land O' Lakes. Same suburban feel as Lakeland but only 15-20 min from quality shopping, eating, activities, etc...

Quote:
IMHO the driving roads here aren't as fun as the twisties back up north. However, I do enjoy the drive taking A1A from Palm Beach down to Miami. Overall jobs don't pay well but if you have a trade like everywhere else you'll be fine. People can't drive for shit here though and registering a car for the first time will set you back at least $400-$500! Insurance rates are cheaper compared to what I paid in NY and no state inspections
That's what i hated most about living in Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood over Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelr View Post
Thats what vacations are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Yes. It is terrible here. Absolutely god awful. Whatever you do, please do not come down here unless it is to visit Disney for 3 days, pump thousands of your dollars into the economy, and then leave.

When you turn 70 and you decide to move here, go directly to Naples or The Villages. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200, and do not settle in any other location other than the aforementioned areas. Sell your car that you no longer need, and buy a golf cart.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Kyle
I concur.

Quote:
I do miss the mountains and the curves, however, snow is something I don't miss. Driving to work and back I think of Rt 218 between West Point and Cornwall NY
I think i could retire to a snowy location, but working in that crap for 3-4 months a year would be horrible. I'd much rather deal with the heat when walking from my car to the office during the 3-4 months of heat down here. Plus, there is always a breeze. So if you're in the shade, it's not absolutely horrible in August.

We travel around the country a lot and we've determined that the worst thing about living in FL is that it takes an 8 hour drive to get to a part of the country with other interesting features like mountains... or hills.

The Bay Area is a stark difference from the Dade Metro area (Miami). Having lived in both areas, I much prefer Tampa to Miami.
      08-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #55
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh View Post
I just moved from Wisconsin to FL and there are some "Award winning Stupid" people here in comparison to Wisconsin or Georgia or New Jersey. By far the most aggravating place I have lived in because of the people but that is just tp say that there are more of them here for some reason?

My theory was that rich old guys came here and imported young hot stupid girls and then proceeded to breed them for generations resulting in the population now found here.

Just one of my many theories of how so many dumb people ended up in such a beautiful place....
My reference to Jeffery Dahmer was solely aimed at the Miami cannibal story folks were talking about...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #56
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Mr. Tonka - could not agree more with everything in your post. I have the benefit of property in Asheville, NC (Mtn, hiking, snow, change of seasons, etc...) as well as SW FL (mild winters, beach access, relaxation...)

The problem are the damn Floridiots that come to the curvy Mtn roads and piss us off whilst trying to drive fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:26 AM   #57
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post

The problem are the damn Floridiots that come to the curvy Mtn roads and piss us off whilst trying to drive fast
I was probably that floridiot who was driving too fast around the mountains on my way to Chicago this past May . That was a fun ride!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:45 AM   #58
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
My reference to Jeffery Dahmer was solely aimed at the Miami cannibal story folks were talking about...
Netflix has the pain and gain movie which is based on the Floridian mentality and I think it's hilarious while a sad true story.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 11:53 AM   #59
M.A.R.C.
Second Lieutenant
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey E90 M3 DCT ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKapeesh View Post
Netflix has the pain and gain movie which is based on the Floridian mentality and I think it's hilarious while a sad true story.
yeah there is a lot fraud and people trying to get rich quick etc down here. I mean it's out there but so long as you're not a dummy you'll probably won't fall for the stuff
      08-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #60
DD335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 BSM F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
hahhaa..

a thread dedicated to hating florida...

our weather blows, (who wants sunny weather year round, and temps that never dip below 40)

we have gorgeous beaches, ewwww.. who likes beaches?

our roads don't have potholes... ugh, i would kill for potholes.

and we have the best women in the US... ugh, so stressful seeing latinas everywhere.

and say what you guys want about the people down here,but they are much better here than in the NE. Everyone in Jersey or NY is .1 seconds away from having an aneurysm. It's laid back down south.

Keep hating, 98% percent of you talking trash will "dream" of retiring here. lmao

It sucks having to go to the beach in January when its 70 and Sunny and seeing Dimes everywhere...

South Florida Real Estate
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #61
DD335i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 BSM F30 335i

In all seriousness though, Florida is great depending on your needs. Metro areas will be better if you're single or without a family. Think DT Ft Lauderdale or Brickell maybe even SoBe or Sunny Isles (last two are $$) but there are also more suburban areas just outside of the major cities. I live in Coconut Creek, just south of Boca Raton, about 15 minutes to Ft Lauderdale and 35-40 to Miami Downtown. The perfect location, I think.

Weather is awesome normally (forget about June-September too hot and rainy) but besides that it's great, and I'll take the sweat over snow any day.

Home Values are going up all over SFL!

Hope my Bimmerpost bros don't hesitate to reach out when it comes time to buy or sell down here!

P.S. Born and Raised in FL

MIA(Kendall was nice) -> Cape Coral (god's waiting room) along with most of SWFL -> Boca Raton area.

South Florida Real Estate
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:18 PM   #62
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
its the worse!! none of us work, we live for free and we all stay at the beach parting 24/7 please stay away from this awful place!
Greece II?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #63
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
I was probably that floridiot who was driving too fast around the mountains on my way to Chicago this past May . That was a fun ride!
No worries - I'd just pass you in the curves like I do all the other Blue Hairs
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #64
ASBSECU E93
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD335i View Post
It sucks having to go to the beach in January when its 70 and Sunny and seeing Dimes everywhere...
Yea - I try to hit SW FL around the end of December and enjoy a dip in the gulf then too...

Just for clarity though...dimes are May-September.

Grandmothers are October-April

Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #65
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

So finally Florida is not that bad. No Chicanos, no monsters or gangsters, no Cowboys, no legal pot selling, no snow and, but lots of sun, nice weather, good roads, nice houses, not too many taxes, nice MILFS, nice girls, nice strip clubs, nice restaurants, nice partying and nice beaches. What else can you dream of? Ohm I was forgetting NICE HURRICANES!!!! They haven't been here in years!!!! Knock on wood!!!!

Florida is paradise on earth!!!! Compared to other places
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #66
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Bimmer77 View Post
Ohm I was forgetting NICE HURRICANES!!!! They haven't been here in years!!!! Knock on wood!!!!
Back when I was a young lad I was down here on vacation July-August 1992 and left about two weeks before Andrew hit. Since then nothing earth shattering has happened to SE Florida but the law of averages may have other opinions
Appreciate 0