BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-02-2015, 02:53 AM   #67
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
No one complains when Ted Nugent does this. Hypocrisy at it's finest. All a dumb frenzy fueled by false outrage on social media. Not to mention ruined a guys life in the process.
Until you shared that fact, I wonder who knew Ted Nugent did so? I sure didn't. More importantly, when was the last time Mr. Nugent shot a game reserves "mascot?"

I am not a game hunting supporter and I don't blame the dentist who shot Cecil because when he shot him, I doubt he knew he was shooting the reserve's "mascot." I do blame the guys who flushed the beast for the dentist. It's entirely implausible to me that they were unaware the reserve had a specific lion that was highly revered and that was also an easy mark. The only questions in my mind, and they're questions for which I lack accurate answers, is (1) whether the guides knew they were drawing a lion off of "hallowed ground," (2) whether the "bush whackers" knew that the lion they flushed was Cecil and not some other one, and (3) did their client, the dentist, know he was hunting on the border of a game reserve?

Right now, I think the answers are (2) "probably" and (2&3) "I don't know."

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 09:24 AM   #68
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

Best quote I've seen about this to date, by Ryan Stewman:

'I never thought I'd see the day where a bunch of sheep get angry about a dead lion.'
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2015, 07:04 PM   #69
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

What a loser...

Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #70
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What a loser...
I wonder if that bear was the bear he illegally killed a few years ago and lied about it to authorities.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #71
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What a loser...

[pics of broadly smiling hunters sidled next to or holding dead animals they killed deleted]
It's astounding to me that hunters express such pride over killing another living creature that is nothing but a trophy to them. I also don't "get" what the point of pride is in killing these large animals. Was there ever any doubt that the hunter could not locate and kill the creature? There's no doubt that one human with a manufactured weapon can find and kill another human, so why should a less resourceful and less crafty wild animal be hard to kill, apart from just being very big and therefore it takes more shots to kill it?

My cats proudly bring "trophies" inside all the time, but they don't kill them, at least not deliberately. And if/when the thing dies, they don't hover around it with the cat equivalent of an ear-to-ear smile of pride. Moreover, they want the thing to keep living so they can keep enjoying it as a play thing.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by tony20009; 08-02-2015 at 09:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 11:38 AM   #72
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Ted Nugent has created his own personal "reserve" somewhere, maybe Texas. He imports all kinds of animals from the African subcontinent and shoots them whenever he wants. The BIG difference there is that he usually has a BBQ at the end of the day with the animals he shot being the "honored guest". . .

And someone above ranted about pull the trigger and then go to Starbucks. EVERY picture above the guy has a bow with him next to the trophy animal he shot.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #73
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

I can not even wrap my head around the fact that ANIMALS are becoming EXTINCT due to low-life fuggers slaughtering them???
There are PLENTY of resources afforded to World Powers to prevent this bullshit from ever happening. So I also blame the very countries and leaders for NOT implementing and more importantly, enforcing much harsher punishments (up to and including death to the hunters) for killing any and all known anilmals there even close to being endangered!

Now in the case of this lion and the recent White Rhino, again... Why even allow these scumsacks on the property with weapons to go out and hunt these majestic creatures? It all comes down to $$$! So the local LEO's whose job it is to prevent these hunts are NOT being punished harshly enough themselves. Nor compensated correctly.
Example: Said government issues warnings to all local Officials stating that if and when an endangered or majestic creature is killed, you and your superior officer will be placed in front of a firing squad, I guarantee, we wouldn't see bullshit like this happening.
      08-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #74
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
... Why even allow these scumsacks on the property with weapons to go out and hunt these majestic creatures? ...
Well, that's the thing. Wildlife reserves don't have fences around the property. Animals need to migrate.

My understanding is that Cecil was lured off the property of the reserve by the dentist's "bush whackers" so that he could shoot it.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #75
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Well, that's the thing. Wildlife reserves don't have fences around the property. Animals need to migrate.

My understanding is that Cecil was lured off the property of the reserve by the dentist's "bush whackers" so that he could shoot it.

All the best.
That's my understanding as well that Cecil was lured off of the protected reserve. While, there may be some sensationalism involved in the reporting, I do think there rings some semblance of truth as this isn't the first time this Dentist has had a run in with an illegal wildlife hunt. And when questioned about the illegal hunting of said bear, lied about it to wildlife officials. He was found guilty, fined, and sentenced to one year probation.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #76
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
That's my understanding as well that Cecil was lured off of the protected reserve. While, there may be some sensationalism involved in the reporting, I do think there rings some semblance of truth as this isn't the first time this Dentist has had a run in with an illegal wildlife hunt. And when questioned about the illegal hunting of said bear, lied about it to wildlife officials. He was found guilty, fined, and sentenced to one year probation.
The plausibility of what you said above is undeniable, but I'm in no position to take a firm and clear stance on the dentist's integrity or lack thereof.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 03:12 PM   #77
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Plus, he served his time, paid his debt to society.

It's a fairly human response, when confronted by authority, to try to get out of it by lying.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 05:00 PM   #78
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Word is the lion was asking for it.

Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #79
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Guys... Turn to ABC right now!!! 20/20 showboat on this killing and new details uncovered on a cover up. DVR it if needed.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #80
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Come on...killing is what we humans do best.....it primal...and the thrill of the hunt is the basis of our existence....so get off your high horses.
Just think...when you chow down a salad.....you just killed about twenty plants for it.
Killer!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 09:38 PM   #81
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I've never heard of Cecil.

Then, the internet/media got wind of it and blew it all out of proportion.

For the record, I don't hunt, mainly because if I had an extra $50K sitting around, I would buy my wife a new car.
^

I do hunt. But i only hunt hogs, for 2 reasons. One, they taste good. Two, their population is out of control throughout the country. Three, part of the fee i pay to do so, goes to a charity. And four, my wife thinks they taste good.

Some times we have an event with a bunch of guys and we go out to some private property for kind of a free for all shoot. Meaning, shoot as many hogs as you can. It's usually a farmer's property or several farms. These farmers get tired of the hogs ruining their strawberries, greens, blueberries, sod, etc... So they will bring in a meat processor to dress and process all the meat, then the farmers donate all the meat to migrant workers.

Anyhow, i don't understand the desire to shoot game for sport. But America has a lot of problems to deal with and Cecil isn't one of them.
      08-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #82
pt
Private
Rep
Drives: I miss my E12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
^

I do hunt. But i only hunt hogs, for 2 reasons. One, they taste good. Two, their population is out of control throughout the country. Three, part of the fee i pay to do so, goes to a charity. And four, my wife thinks they taste good.

Some times we have an event with a bunch of guys and we go out to some private property for kind of a free for all shoot. Meaning, shoot as many hogs as you can. It's usually a farmer's property or several farms. These farmers get tired of the hogs ruining their strawberries, greens, blueberries, sod, etc... So they will bring in a meat processor to dress and process all the meat, then the farmers donate all the meat to migrant workers.

Anyhow, i don't understand the desire to shoot game for sport. But America has a lot of problems to deal with and Cecil isn't one of them.
Boom.

I'll bet lunch that the way you dispatch the hogs is infinitely more humane than lions that shkoff them alive as they scream in pain and terror.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 12:15 PM   #83
Doc Oc
Captain Fatbelly
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 amg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
Come on...killing is what we humans do best.....it primal...and the thrill of the hunt is the basis of our existence....so get off your high horses.
Just think...when you chow down a salad.....you just killed about twenty plants for it.
Killer!
Killing for food and killing for fun are two very different things. The first is called the food chain, the second is just murder.

2008 dct coupe, evolve engine/dct tune, ttp, ms intake, megan exhaust, cf ds. Sold.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #84
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
Killer!
Killing for food and killing for fun are two very different things. The first is called the food chain, the second is just murder.
I was just pointing out the futility of the matter.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #85
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I'm sickened far more by the manufactured moral outrage and trial by public opinion than anything else in this case. I guess I hope no one sees the sailfish on my office wall and takes to social media to form a mob that decides I should be hooked, dragged into a boat and hung on a wall.