BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-24-2005, 01:26 AM   #45
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I heard that public school kids get higher SAT scores.

yaa u know.. you cant use our AIM conversations against me
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 01:27 AM   #46
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by northerncalguy
Try playing IHS Badminton, they kick ass.
because they're asian.

try playing St. Francis' football and volleyball team.

#1 football team at CCS last season

volleyball is ranked liek 3rd in nation

... also try playing our field hockey and cross country and water polo and swim team and golf and and...

how many CCS titles does INDE have? we have a whole gym filled.

wahteverr... and dude.. IHS is ghetto. its inn the ghetto no offense.. berryessa area isnt exactly nice.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 01:28 AM   #47
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
yaa u know.. you cant use our AIM conversations against me
I don't know what you're talking about.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 02:47 AM   #48
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
because they're asian.

try playing St. Francis' football and volleyball team.

#1 football team at CCS last season

volleyball is ranked liek 3rd in nation

... also try playing our field hockey and cross country and water polo and swim team and golf and and...

how many CCS titles does INDE have? we have a whole gym filled.

wahteverr... and dude.. IHS is ghetto. its inn the ghetto no offense.. berryessa area isnt exactly nice.
I've been on Miramonte...it isn't exactly Beverly Hills.

BTW, no offense, but there maybe some people on this board who live in Berryessa or around the East Hiils area who maybe offended by your comments...even though you meant no offense. I'll stop using the word offense now.
      12-24-2005, 02:50 AM   #49
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've been on Miramonte...it isn't exactly Beverly Hills.

BTW, no offense, but there maybe some people on this board who live in Berryessa or around the East Hiils area who maybe offended by your comments...even though you meant no offense. I'll stop using the word offense now.

I live in the east hills AKA evergreen hills. Evergreen is TOTALLY different from Berryessa. berryessa is liek near 680 while evergreen is up in the hills..

miramonte avenue.. ya the schools in mountain view.. id ont liveeee in mountain view and most kids who go to st. francis dont livee in mountain view either.. i dont knwo if mountain view is a nice area, but we definitely kick major ass at pretty much every sport-- my point was.. we-- the athletes at st. francis -- play club year round -- therefore, you'd expect us to be better. plus.. most athletes at private schools have been playnig all their lives.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 02:52 AM   #50
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

OH yeah.. I'm not saying ppl who GO TO or WENT TO independence are all gehtto. my uncle graduated from independence and he's a doctor. however.. there are also people i know who go to independence and are total sluts and like give BJs in the bathroom etc etc. that just doesnt sound all that nice.

and i always hear about ppl getting into fights during lunch or after school.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 03:17 AM   #51
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
I live in the east hills AKA evergreen hills. Evergreen is TOTALLY different from Berryessa. berryessa is liek near 680 while evergreen is up in the hills..

miramonte avenue.. ya the schools in mountain view.. id ont liveeee in mountain view and most kids who go to st. francis dont livee in mountain view either.. i dont knwo if mountain view is a nice area, but we definitely kick major ass at pretty much every sport-- my point was.. we-- the athletes at st. francis -- play club year round -- therefore, you'd expect us to be better. plus.. most athletes at private schools have been playnig all their lives.
I feel like I am talking to a 17-yr old. Good nite.
      12-24-2005, 10:37 AM   #52
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

Quote:
Try playing IHS Badminton, they kick ass.
badminton...
i see a lot of geeky asian kids playing it. the ones not good enough for the tennis team
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 10:49 AM   #53
kt157
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: jet black 330i

Quote:
my uncle graduated from independence and he's a doctor. however.. there are also people i know who go to independence and are total sluts and like give BJs in the bathroom etc etc. that just doesnt sound all that nice.

and i always hear about ppl getting into fights during lunch or after school.
well you would expect a private school to be better cause you're paying for it.
dont tell me they dont have any sluts or theres no fights at your school, cause every school have some.
theres always the good and the bad at every school, i have a lot of friends that went to oakland schools and they go to stanford, berkeley, ucla, davis, ucsd getting engineer, medical, business degrees etc. i actually have more friends from oakland getting in a good 4yr college then my friends from castro valley, and they say people that goes to a better school is smarter...
and then theres the ones that dont get anywhere...

damn its too early, i need to be sleeping....
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 11:05 AM   #54
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
There is a huge difference between public/community colleges and private schools, but it really has nothing to do with the education or difficulty. The main difference is the opportunities after graduation. Unless you are simply brilliant, there are many opportunities (graduate school, etc) that will be more difficult to achieve coming from a community college.

During the time you are in school, a community college may actually be a little just as difficult as a private school. My advise to anyone is to go to the best school to which you are accepted. You only have one chance at an undergraduate degree, so you should make it count.

I thought things were difficult while I was in college, but life after college has a whole new set of challenges which make those days seem like vacation.

Michael
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 12:30 PM   #55
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt157
well you would expect a private school to be better cause you're paying for it.
dont tell me they dont have any sluts or theres no fights at your school, cause every school have some.
theres always the good and the bad at every school, i have a lot of friends that went to oakland schools and they go to stanford, berkeley, ucla, davis, ucsd getting engineer, medical, business degrees etc. i actually have more friends from oakland getting in a good 4yr college then my friends from castro valley, and they say people that goes to a better school is smarter...
and then theres the ones that dont get anywhere...

damn its too early, i need to be sleeping....
yeah I totally agree.. there are good/bad things at every school. however, i really think that when you're paying money to go to a school, the environment is better. students have more respect for their teachers (overall) and more people care to learn. at privaet schools, if you dont keep about a 2.8+ you'll get kicked out. they don't want you and they don't need you there. also.. youre right about how more public school kids get into better schools. like.. when i was filling out my college applications, i looked at the percentage of kids from private scohols and percentage of kids from public schools that get into the schools.. public school kids dominate the UCs like 70% gto 30% private.. but then again.. theres only about 10 private high schools in nor cal while there are liek 15 public schools JUST in east side union high school district.

you can debate with me all you want but this is my opinion. if you're paying about 10k a year for your kid to go to a private school, the education is probably better or else you wouldn't be paying it.

EDIT: oh yeah, st. francis DOES NOT have fights. a few months ago before homecoming, someone posted on myspace "OMG FIGHT AT ST. FRANCIS" because it was SUCH a big deal that tehre was a rumor that a fight broke out at school. You know whyyy its such a big deal? because it has never happened in my four years of high school.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2005, 12:31 PM   #56
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt157
badminton...
i see a lot of geeky asian kids playing it. the ones not good enough for the tennis team
my friends go to evergreen valley high school and their badminton team consists of 50 asians and 1 mexican guy.

OH YEAH also also.. I think coming from certain high schools really do you give a better chance at colleges and even jobs.. this sounds unrealistic but.. you guys in the bay area.. ever heard of BELLARMINE? Seroiusly.. my guy friends who put Bellarmine on anyything will usually get it. They get out of parking tickets in downtown san jose.. they get into good colleges.. and people just think OH bellarmine, they must be awesome.
Appreciate 0