BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

08-07-2021, 01:53 PM   #1
memphis1212
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 525 I 360

Advice needed on next steps with transmission issue

Hi, I could use some advice on my next steps with my 2007 525i with 170k miles. My vehicle recently went into fail safe mode with a transmission error message. The codes were 2AD0 4F8D 4E20. I took it into an independent shop and the people were very kind and they told me they would start with a solenoid valve set and tranny pan sealing sleeve to fix the issue. I would’ve been fine giving them the green light but the language they used on the estimate didn’t seem too sure that the diagnosis was gonna fix issue and even mentioned that I may need a new transmission in the end. So in attempt to not start a bottomless pit of repairs being done by art of elimination I assume, I stressed my concern on the subject and was told that they couldn’t guarantee anything and I may need to let the vehicle go if I’m concerned about investing too much in it without knowing if it’ll fix the issue. Again, they were very kind so this isn’t me complaining about them. My issue is I feel as if I should get a second opinion and was wondering where should I go from here. Should I go to another indy bmw shop or should I take it to a shop who specializes in transmission? Also, if I do end up needing a transmission, what would be the smartest financial decision on that? Used/Rebuild, etc…? I’m pretty illiterate when it comes to vehicles so any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Your question would be better answered on something like 5-series.net. Most of the posts here are just sale ads.

Alternatively, you can post your question to the e90 forums. Those are pretty active.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #3
memphis1212
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 525 I 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by e91Owner View Post
Your question would be better answered on something like 5-series.net. Most of the posts here are just sale ads.

Alternatively, you can post your question to the e90 forums. Those are pretty active.
Good to know. Thank you!
Appreciate 0