BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

MP3 RF transmitter

Spring Break is about to come up (one of the joys of my profession ), and Im taking a bit of a vacation. I will be doing a lot of driving (a few thousand miles), so I decided to rent a car for the week instead of putting the miles on my precious E90...

I have loved the capacity of plugging my iPod into the AUX jack, and having endless hours of music at my fingertips. I will be renting a car that I know will not have this feature. I also dont want to burn 3,000 cd's for the trip.

I know that RF adapters as a whole are not the best way of getting the music to your stereo. I am looking to find a rather cheap, but reliable RF adapter for my trip. I will have some other uses for the adapter and will probably keep it afterwards.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an RF unit? Again, Im not looking to throw down big bucks for the best one. Just one that will get me through...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
E36_325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 325i + '06 M3

I've had good luck w/ the Griffin iTrip. Most transmitters act the same way, its the dead station availability for the area that usually causes problems.
      04-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Well, Im going to get one at circuit city... If I dont like it, Ill just return it this week before I go. If I like it, Ill return it after I go
Appreciate 0