BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-05-2020, 10:05 AM   #155
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
or that she wears sweatpants to work in a professional office every day
Depends on the dress code. I'm in the office today in my normal attire, flip flops, shorts, and a Mastodon T-shirt.

But I also work for one of the largest tech companies in the world. People wear pajamas, gym shorts, etc. We don't deal with customers face-to-face.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #156
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

im sick of advertising sector (not always) most of the time.. any advice?
      03-05-2020, 04:27 PM   #157
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Depends on the dress code. I'm in the office today in my normal attire, flip flops, shorts, and a Mastodon T-shirt.
They are working a contract in the customer's professional office, and their own company's handbook says that they need to be dressed office professional at all times. Their handbook also says no cell phone use in the customer's building, yet this butterfly is answering social media messages and texts all over the building as she flutters around distracting all of the other people trying to do work.....
      03-05-2020, 10:29 PM   #158
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguywithanm3 View Post
Thats awesome. What do you do?
import export
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #159
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Just when I thought I couldn't hate this job more...

Just overheard my boss talking about re-purposing this shit table that fell apart & won't stand on it's own anymore (It's not cubes or anything, just an oddly shaped shit table).

Into a workstation for myself & 2 of my coworkers. I have my own office. I work better in my own space. I am not bothering anyone. You want to make an already unhappy employee even more unhappy? Fuck you.

Gotta come up with a professional and tactful way to not have this happen & remain in my office. Suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 03:07 PM   #160
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Just when I thought I couldn't hate this job more...

Just overheard my boss talking about re-purposing this shit table that fell apart & won't stand on it's own anymore (It's not cubes or anything, just an oddly shaped shit table).

Into a workstation for myself & 2 of my coworkers. I have my own office. I work better in my own space. I am not bothering anyone. You want to make an already unhappy employee even more unhappy? Fuck you.

Gotta come up with a professional and tactful way to not have this happen & remain in my office. Suggestions?
Do your duties involve having to concentrate for long periods of time - ie drafting of documents, schematics, etc? Are you in possession of, or transmit sensitive/privileged information? Stating that you need to be in a quiet space so as not to be bothered by outside noise/conversations or stating that your duties involve handling privileged info would be valid reasons for having your own space.
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 03:15 PM   #161
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Do your duties involve having to concentrate for long periods of time - ie drafting of documents, schematics, etc? Are you in possession of, or transmit sensitive/privileged information? Stating that you need to be in a quiet space so as not to be bothered by outside noise/conversations or stating that your duties involve handling privileged info would be valid reasons for having your own space.
I am on the phone all day so quiet space to have conversions is obviously essential. No to your questions.

I'm not a social butterfly. I'm not an entry level person.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #162
xander_g
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am on the phone all day so quiet space to have conversions is obviously essential. No to your questions.

I'm not a social butterfly. I'm not an entry level person.
Neither am I, since you're on the phone all day - same as me by the way, could you say that other people's phone conversations are interfering with your ability to conduct business over the phone due to volume/clarity?

Since you're not an entry level person, could you lean on your status/seniority and reason that someone in your position should have their own office?
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2020, 05:54 PM   #163
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Burritos for breakfast and lunch every single day. Trust me, you'll have a private office by the end of the week.....
      03-09-2020, 07:53 AM   #164
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
Neither am I, since you're on the phone all day - same as me by the way, could you say that other people's phone conversations are interfering with your ability to conduct business over the phone due to volume/clarity?

Since you're not an entry level person, could you lean on your status/seniority and reason that someone in your position should have their own office?
I can, and will, do both. I don't see it going well with this particular person, but ya never know. Worst case, I just flat out refuse if he won't listen to me. Fire me, I hate this place anyway.
Appreciate 1
xander_g962.50
      03-09-2020, 10:38 AM   #165
xander_g
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I can, and will, do both. I don't see it going well with this particular person, but ya never know. Worst case, I just flat out refuse if he won't listen to me. Fire me, I hate this place anyway.
Hopefully, things work out in your favor.
Appreciate 1
      03-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #166
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Just had one of those very rewarding conversations with somebody from my old workplace. I'd jumped ship November '18, and this thread has served as an ongoing source of validation for that move (and more generally that, even if I am a sociopath, I'm not alone in hating worthless chair-polishing nitwits). So I just touched base w/ a friend from the old place and learned that my timing was actually spot on - the list of people abandoning ship read like the who's who of our dept, and the management abuses have been escalating as predicted. I know it's a left-handed compliment, but still feels good when people say s/t like 'we thought you were paranoid, but you were right and it really is turning out that way'). So I'm posting this as further reinforcement to any of you out there who are fence-sitting about moving on, or downplaying your sense that things are headed off a cliff. Just do it - The relief of the new position is like adding 6 lbs of boost AND switching to summer tires at the same time .
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
vreihen1614883.50
      03-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #167
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Hated my old place of employment, it royally sucked. Company was WAYY to large, it took weeks to get anything done. Doing the same job at a new place, and it's fantastic. Been here for 5 ish months, and was told I will be getting a bonus this Friday for completing an app before Christmas. It's small, but still; I was told that bonuses won't be paid out to people that haven't been here 6 months, so it was unexpected. That bonus will help cover a surprise visit to the vet for my little pup, he hurt his foot. Super stoked with where I'm at, and the people I work with are fantastic.

Last edited by Conissah; 03-11-2020 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-11-2020, 03:39 PM   #168
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Hated my old place of employment, it royally sucked. Company was WAYY to large, it took weeks to get anything done. Doing the same job at a new place, and it's fantastic. Been here for 5 ish months, and was told I will be getting a bonus this Friday for completing an app before Christmas. It's small, but still; I was told that bonuses won't be paid out to people that haven't been here 6 months, so it was an unexpected. That bonus will help cover a surprise visit to the vet for my little pup, he hurt his foot. Super stoked with where I'm at, and the people I work with are fantastic.
That's great. Good things happen to good people. Hope your dog gets better!
      03-12-2020, 12:08 PM   #169
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So I actually got my bonus today. I knew it was coming, but after contract negotiations last year with my increase and restructured program, I was still pleasantly surprised.

Only thing I could complain about is how much it was taxed. But that is always the case.
RickFLM410879.00
      03-12-2020, 12:24 PM   #170
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Americans complaining about tax, that'll do me.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #171
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Not really complaining as I stated that it's expected.

I have no problem paying taxes...I pay quite a bit. But my bonus is more a merit of how I performed for my company. How I saved them money, how I improved a process, something tangible that they could measure and say...this guy went above and beyond his "normal" job for the company's benefit.

The Government isn't involved when I come in on a Weekend that I am not payed OT for so that I could support a client who may be having issues....and I do it because we try to show them we are dedicated to supporting them with an answer on Monday morning instead of saying we will look at your problem on Monday Morning and get back with you later.
RickFLM410879.00
      03-13-2020, 08:25 AM   #172
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Americans complaining about tax, that'll do me.
There was a revolution over it in the 1700s. There's a history of not liking taxes.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
Joekerr7926.00
      03-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #173
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My boss just told me he hopes I "fair well" with whatever announcements are coming from above him in the next 2 weeks. He said just some management restructuring, but I know how this works. I have been screwed by companies before so we shall see!

I had one company get rid of us the week after Thanksgiving & another the day after Christmas. Scumbags.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #174
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My boss just told me he hopes I "fair well" with whatever announcements are coming from above him in the next 2 weeks. He said just some management restructuring, but I know how this works. I have been screwed by companies before so we shall see!

I had one company get rid of us the week after Thanksgiving & another the day after Christmas. Scumbags.

Damn dude.....on one hand I hope you don't lose your job, but on the other hand seeing how much you hate the job and area.....maybe this is what's supposed to happen.

Either way, best of luck.
      03-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #175
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Damn dude.....on one hand I hope you don't lose your job, but on the other hand seeing how much you hate the job and area.....maybe this is what's supposed to happen.

Either way, best of luck.
This would be the absolute wrong time to lose it, though. House I rent has been sold & I have to find a new place to rent. No one is gonna rent to someone with no job.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2020, 10:52 AM   #176
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
This would be the absolute wrong time to lose it, though. House I rent has been sold & I have to find a new place to rent. No one is gonna rent to someone with no job.
Don't lose hope. There are always other options from living with family to even buying a small camper van.

Hope it doesn't come to that though and I wish you the best.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00