BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-10-2021, 09:05 PM   #1
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Cheap Replacement Body Parts

Hey there, so my niece crashed her 2004 E60 today, and my sister called me asking for help on finding replacement body parts. They don't have comprehensive coverage so it's all out of pocket. Where would I go to find cheap, doesn't have to be OEM, replacement front bumper and headlights?

All of the bumpers I see online are the M Sport bumper design and she doesn't want that. Just the stock one is preferred. Also her car already has HID, but most of the aftermarket headlights I see are I think set up for conversions? Are there DEPO lights that are just a complete replacement of the originals? I thought maybe people would be selling on here but I don't see a Classifieds section for the E60. Thank you for any help!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 10:36 PM   #2
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

For headlights with HID, they are all going to be expensive as they are all OE from Hella and a few other companies. You can buy used ones on eBay, but not in the best shape. Also for the HID, you will also need the ballast which is typically not included with the used housings. Not sure about the pre-LCI e60s, but adaptive headlights are also more common in US LCI cars than just straight xenon, so you'll want to make sure you are ordering the correct part numbers. Not sure how much damage you are recovering from.

There are a lot of companies online (with which I have no experience) that will sell you a painted aftermarket bumper. As an 18 year old car, though, it will not match that well. The first one I looked at came up with $280 painted.

Also, this forum is pretty inactive relative to the 3-series forums. I check here from time to time, but 5series.net is a more frequented.

Last edited by e91Owner; 09-10-2021 at 10:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2021, 10:48 PM   #3
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

May I suggest that you try your local junkyard for parts or post a "WTB" post on the forum.
      09-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #4
Ashhong
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e91Owner View Post
For headlights with HID, they are all going to be expensive as they are all OE from Hella and a few other companies. You can buy used ones on eBay, but not in the best shape. Also for the HID, you will also need the ballast which is typically not included with the used housings. Not sure about the pre-LCI e60s, but adaptive headlights are also more common in US LCI cars than just straight xenon, so you'll want to make sure you are ordering the correct part numbers. Not sure how much damage you are recovering from.

There are a lot of companies online (with which I have no experience) that will sell you a painted aftermarket bumper. As an 18 year old car, though, it will not match that well. The first one I looked at came up with $280 painted.

Also, this forum is pretty inactive relative to the 3-series forums. I check here from time to time, but 5series.net is a more frequented.
For the headlights, I still have the original broken ones so I could potentially take out the ballast and all that if that's possible. Can I just use any aftermarket headlight like DEPO and utilize the OEM ballast and bulbs and such?

Where did you find that bumper? I don't need it painted because I think they are going to repaint the whole car

Will check out 5series.net thank you
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2021, 08:19 PM   #5
e91Owner
e91Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 & 2010 e60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashhong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e91Owner View Post

For the headlights, I still have the original broken ones so I could potentially take out the ballast and all that if that's possible. Can I just use any aftermarket headlight like DEPO and utilize the OEM ballast and bulbs and such?

Where did you find that bumper? I don't need it painted because I think they are going to repaint the whole car

Will check out 5series.net thank you
Just search the Internet for aftermarket painted bumper. There are tons of companies. As far as replacing the headlights, DEPO does not make one that is compatible with xenon/adaptive (which is probably what was was on the car since it was most common). If you want to code out those features, then you can use aftermarket halogen housings, although I don't know if the connections are the same as I have personally never attempted it. I've looked high and low for an aftermarket alternative for my e60 and e91 that both have adaptive xenons. There aren't any to my knowledge that don't require mods.
Appreciate 0