BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-05-2021, 08:30 AM   #1
Killaduce
Canada
Rep
Drives: ‘10 BMW 535i X-Drive M

‘10 535i X-Drive M E60 Fuel dumped out exhaust.. need advice/help plz

So after I got misfires about 2-3 months ago after topping up coolant, I started the car right after and the shaking and crazy sh** started.. I had gas light on so I decided to stop at gas station beside my crib (petro Canada) and I normally put 91 but for some reason I thought why not go for the 94 or 95 whatever they have(think it’s 94 if I’m not mistaken) and that’s where e everythint got even crazier.. black smoke out the exhaust right when I drove off and then car wouldn’t even start and I noticed a tiny puddle of gas (not much) but it was visible, right under the muffler where I parked to check things out.. so drove home right away and ran Ista p/inpa and most likely injectors were going.. but so one day randomly a week or two down the road, I’m updating the Idrive and start hearing a weird noise coming from both sides of the car from around both back tires and then the car started to pour ALL the goddamn gas left in my tank out the exhaust and onto my driveway.. fuel pump’s module (ekp) disappeared from any program or scanner I used and Ista p kept trying to make me “replace” & “reanimate” the “ekp” but can’t locate it.. but someone from across the world, has been amazing and helped me reflash all the bad modules I messed up, he’s helping me unbrick my Idrive as we speak (stuck in programming mode) and he even brought back my fuel pump (ekp) module, back to life.. now scanners and program see that there’s a fuel pump.. car even starts but dies instantly and I don’t hear the pump prime at all.. but the 20amp fuse for the ekp, keeps blowing in the fuse box every time I do anything at all.. any suggestions? If he brought back the fuel pump, and it’s being even detected and the fuse keeps blowing.. doesn’t that technically mean the pump is good and there’s a short somewhere I’m not finding? Or did I bleed the piece of sh** dry and need a new one? Need a new water pump for my original first issue too, for the engine overheat problem I kept having so hopefully I don’t have to add a fuel pump to it and injectors too and might I add this amazing person that’s helped do what I never thought was going to ever be done, all with a goddamn K+Dcan cable lool no most/icom next at all.. Idrive flashing for the program program part is taking in total 20 hours so far and about another 10 hours to go though lmao-_- so ya.. but do-able for every1 that’s ever said “hell no” and doubted it lool
Appreciate 0