BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

06-21-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Price Advice: 2010 535i xDrive E61 w/ 102k miles

Hi all. Hoping the community can provide some insight on pricing for a used last generation E61 535i wagon.

I’m very familiar with the E9x platform, including the N54 and N55 motors, so this is more gauging what the 5 series platform and last gen wagon market is like currently in this kooky market. Note this is meant to be a secondary pet hauler, utility vehicle so I’m not hung up on cosmetics.

Car details - it’s a two owner car with 102k miles (non-sport seats). The second owner has only owned it for about the last year and half. The exterior and interior are in excellent condition for the age. I do know that that the front bumper was replaced last year due to someone backing into the car in a parking lot. The current owner indicated it was painted and resprayed to fade into the driver’s quarter panel (doesn’t bother me, but it’s info worth noting).

From a quick call to the local BMW dealer, the car has been services there for all of it’s life. It seems the water pump was replaced back in 2018, but I do not have confirmation that any of the other known faulty parts (thermostat, HPFP, injectors, coil packs, etc) have been done. It does sound like the VCG and OFHG were recently done.

There is also something off with the driver’s front wheel (either bad wheel bearing, control arm, bent rim, or all of these things).

Owner is asking over $14k, but I think he’d take $12k (I offered $11k).

Is the market hot enough right now that $14k is likely? Being a wagon makes things a tad more unpredictable, but knowing what the N54 motors are like, I don’t feel comfortable going any higher without going through all the service records and getting a PPI done.

Thoughts from the community?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #2
HeartbreakerF80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 M Sport | F80 M3

Last week I picked up a 2008 535xi daily driver to keep miles off my F80. Monaco blue with the two tone tan/black interior. Automatic.

100k miles and a literal garage queen. Extremely well kept but had one accident on the Carfax. Clean title and the repair work was done beautifully. I had it inspected by my family mechanic and it checked all the boxes.

Registration, sales tax, everything included, I spent 12k out the door. I am in CA so registration is pricey and sales tax is 7.5%.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
martinm0
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i RWD 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartbreakerF80 View Post
Last week I picked up a 2008 535xi daily driver to keep miles off my F80. Monaco blue with the two tone tan/black interior. Automatic.

100k miles and a literal garage queen. Extremely well kept but had one accident on the Carfax. Clean title and the repair work was done beautifully. I had it inspected by my family mechanic and it checked all the boxes.

Registration, sales tax, everything included, I spent 12k out the door. I am in CA so registration is pricey and sales tax is 7.5%.

Hope this helps!
Thanks! That seems to line up pretty well with pricing I’m finding. I’m just having a hard time determining if the 2010 with the newer CIC commands much more in the cost. The other aspect is out here in the North East AWD wagons can be highly desirable and sometimes skew what the rest of the country asks for price.

Did you verify if yours had common items replaced like water pump, fuel pumps, injectors, turbos? I know they don’t all need turbos, but I expected at least the HPFP to have been done.

Thanks again for the info!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #4
tmccann
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i Wagon

I imagine you already sorted this by now, but I picked up mine two years ago with around the same miles, in CA, for around $10k. The gaskets hadn't been done, and neither had the HPFP, but I got it from a dealer, so I was able to get an aftermarket warranty that has already paid for itself. The HPFP already has been replaced, and the gaskets are needed and will be done shortly under that warranty...

Less value in the AWD here, but also less inventory. Sounds like you made a solid offer...
Appreciate 0