BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-11-2023, 06:07 PM   #1
luchienmiami27
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 bmw 528i

Help with Transmission !!!

Hello. I have a 2008 BMW 528i that every morning after the car has not been driven for several hours, when I turned the key on, it gave me an increase in battery discharge, and the time clock appeared erased, but it started excellent and ran perfectly. The first thing I thought was that the battery was bad. A week later, I noticed that the transmission took 1 second longer than normal to engage, but after that, it worked excellently, it only did it once a day when I started it for the first time but then no problems. I took it to a transmission mechanic, and he hooked up his computer but found no transmission problems, everything seemed normal, but he did find that the intelligent battery sensor was failing. I took it to my trusted mechanic, who confirmed that the battery sensor was malfunctioning but he did see on his computer that the car had a transmission code 00507B EGS Parking gear sensor implausible and he said that the battery sensor would not be the problem. He recommended another transmission mechanic to whom I took my car, he checked it and he diagnosed that the transmission computer was bad. At that time, I did not have that amount of money (more than 1000 dls) to pay for this repair, and I told him that I would pay for the diagnosis and try to get the money to bring it back next week to fix it. When I went to get my car and start it up, the transmission malfunction lights appear, I tried to put first gear but nothing happened, the transmission did absolutely nothing. He said that he drove the car and was working, but when I went to pick it up it wasn't. He connected his computer and did not receive a signal from the transmission computer and can't do anything about it. So now I have a car that doesn't work and I have to take it to the dealer. What do you think it could be? The transmission only took 1 second to engage first gear after several hours without driving, but it ran great all day, I can't understand why now is not working at all. Could it be that the mechanic deprogrammed the transmission computer? Maybe he switches it for another one that didn't work to re-sell mine?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2023, 12:59 AM   #2
TheE36Dreamer
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e60, f07, f10, and e36

e60 trans

yeah sounds like he deprogrammed/swapped/unplugged the TCM or something. in my opinion it seem like its the mechanics fault.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 09:06 AM   #3
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

First thing you need to ask yourself is - Has your car had any service done on the transmission like regular oil changes? 2008 would mean the car is 15 years old. My 2007 E60 has a used tranny installed a couple of years ago after my original failed on me due to water mixing with the tranny oil. But before I replaced it, my original tranny has had 2 valve body replaced (all used purchased off ebay btw as new ones would be ridiculously priced).

But since your mechanic couldn't even detect the controller module, possible the controller module is busted. Probably a good idea to have it diagnosed by the dealer to confirm. If it is the controller module you can find one on ebay.
Appreciate 0