BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

09-07-2022, 05:04 PM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Arrow A Reminder Call For MUTUAL RESPECT in the BIMMERPOST Community

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Based on how interactions in many forums (d)evolved since the 2020 pandemic, here's my fairly simple request: also over here, give your level best to keep conversations civilized.

Quit the bickering, venomization, defenestration and the like. Avoid getting baited to pull the "cl" out of "class act". Pay some respect.

IMHO also in the bigger scheme of things, it's the right thing to do.

And if truly toxic by nature: being kind over here may get you an antidote and loads of moral reputation points.

Excerpts from the Bimmerpost house rules:
"1) Respect. By far the most important rule here. Through the generations of BMW, enthusiasts have come together for the love of the car and the community. So the basic rules of real life apply here, show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Don't bash someone else here because you feel like it. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated. This applies to all corners of the site - including posts, profile visitor messages, and thread tags."

"3) Disagree, don't attack. Disagree on topics, but try to leave it at that. Just because you don't like someone's opinion on the car's engine, doesn't mean you should call him and his mother all sorts of names. Disagreements are awesome, and you should call someone on something you don't agree with, but don't go out of your way to insult and flame someone. Please consider if you would say to someone's face the same thing you are posting."
Excerpt from the Bimmerpost Terms of Service:
"Without limiting the foregoing, the following behaviors are strictly prohibited:
  • Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
  • Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
  • Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
  • Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortious language,
  • Online vandalism,
  • Impersonation of another person,
  • Posting, distributing, transmitting or promoting illegal content,
  • Invasion of another's privacy,
  • Actions that are hurtful to minors,
  • Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any materials or information infringing on the rights of a third party,
  • Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam, and
  • Posting, uploading, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code, or reverse engineering or hacking any materials on the Site."
Excerpt from the Bimmerpost Posting Rules - Forum Rules:
"By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. You agree not to make posts which are in violation of the forum rules."
jmg18493.00
vreihen1614882.00
Buug95916826.00
///MPhatic13538.50
kscarrol8775.50
Bingham276.00
JHarb1534.50
sygazelle11091.00
cmyx6go15560.00
MoeTE87600.50
2000cs3443.50
Lady Jane68862.50
Sara5775.50
KRS_SN13100.00
RedX4MC153.50
Jason40285.50
BALL3N69.50
ATX_M3185.50
EMETREE173.50
cncmastr1568.50
Ibiza3478.50
drexplode1760.50
M2COMP494.50
m20e30871143.00
PGF9038.00
f80tanz233.50
SeanWRT3179.00
itoto113.50
AndrewC198910903.50
josec704051.00
      09-12-2022, 08:48 AM   #2
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ingraham View Post
Calling people out for fraudulent content or out right dishonesty shouldn't be considered attacking or lack of class.
Perhaps this type of event can be relayed to administrators for moderation via private message instead of a public jousting

Just a thought

I have always advocated for civility, and maybe even, a little humility with our comments as a whole. A difference of opinion is welcomed, name-calling, disrespectful or belittling commentary, not so.

IMHO, we should be here for nothing other than the love of BMWs; period.
      09-12-2022, 10:44 AM   #3
Bahn360Photo
Fitness Gene
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2006 bmw m5  [10.00]
2016 bmw z4 35is  [7.50]
2000 bmw m5  [10.00]
2018 BMW M4  [10.00]
1987 BMW 325 Conver ...  [10.00]
One thing I learned long ago is that people have different things that they like. You want to put a rice muffler on 100k car, go ahead.
Always need to remember that someone may look at your car and laugh.

So always appreciating someone's passion and enthusiasm, no matter what kind of shape and form it takes.

Unfortunately there are a lot of internet warriors out there, so think of it this way, if you are not prepared to say what you want to write face to face, best bet is not to write it at all.

And on the flip side, if someone has negative comments about your build, be smarter, smile and move on. Don't waste energy fighting and stressing.

We are here to learn, share and socialize. Let's make it fun.

I personally learned ridiculous amounts from people on this and other forums, so I share what I know with others to keep things going.

Always a pleasure!
💪🏎😁

Effective 11 Min Home Workouts?????
No equipment?????
20 years of experience
Spartan Race winner
PROtrainer!
Click the link??
https://www.youtube.com/c/FitnessGene
Appreciate 5
Jason40285.50
T0RM3NT3544.50
Buug95916826.00
Al Pină1838.50
      09-13-2022, 12:52 AM   #4
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Bimmerpost definitely progressed when they got rid of the political forum.

That place was a dumpster fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think it sucks that we can't have full blown political conversations here, nor or many of the forums I frequent and/or moderate. I get the reasoning from the admin side, but it still sucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
Could you imagine the absolute chit-show Pol/Rel would be at this moment?
About the former 'Politics & Religion' section:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Dear members and readers,

After some lengthy deliberation, BIMMERPOST has decided that it is no longer in the best interest of the site to maintain a Politics & Religion section. The section's original intent when it was created years ago was to provide an arena where users could respectfully discuss such topics.

Unfortunately, we believe that the section has now become more harmful and divisive than it is beneficial to the BIMMERPOST community.

This community is at its core united by passion for BMW and many of us enjoy the forums specifically because it stands apart from the issues that may divide us -- political/religious or otherwise, that may exist elsewhere.

We know that not everyone will agree with this decision, but we hope this makes the forum a more enjoyable and welcoming place for all. To this end, we continue to ask that all users refrain from posts discussing politics and religion, and stick to what we are all here for — BMW and automotive discussions.

Please do not make threads or posts to discuss this decision as it's final. Such discussions will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
      09-13-2022, 12:54 AM   #5
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post

I guess, just about every second thread degenerating into ....... you know what
Last I knew we were allowed to disagree. No one should feel slighted or hurt by someone not aligned with their point of view.
There is disagreement, and then there is disagreement to the Nth degree.

Nothing wrong with constructive disagreement and a healthy debate.

But when it's taken to toxic levels, sometimes even coupled with name-calling and bitter comments, it is definately not an enjoyable affair.

This is only a personal view and open to interpretation: nobody here, owes anyone anything. If I think something that someone else doesn't agree with, neither of us has lost anything (at least monetarily).

Therefore, why should either of us lose respect?

We are here to share our collective experiences, thoughts, and even (BMW) dreams. In theory, we're are all adults. All that Artemis is asking, is for us to act like civilized adults and exercise respect.

I genuinely do not think that to be an unreasonable ask.
Jason40285.50
Artemis28911.50
dephrank317.00
Tr4ckD4ys388.50
bobowar1353479.00
      09-13-2022, 01:09 AM   #6
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
There is disagreement, and then there is disagreement to the Nth degree.

Nothing wrong with constructive disagreement and a healthy debate.

But when it's taken to toxic levels, someone even couples with name-calling and bitter comments, it is definately not an enjoyable affair.

This is only a personal view and open to interpretation: nobody here, owes anyone anything. If I think something that someone else doesn't agree with, neither of us have lost anything (at least monetarily).

Therefore, why should either of us lose respect?

We are here to share our collective experiences, thoughts, and even (BMW) dreams. In theory, we're are all adults. All that Artemis is asking, is for us to act like civilized adults and exercise respect.

I genuinely do not think that to be an unreasonable ask.
Exactly this. 👍
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread