BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #23
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

i hate when other drivers try to race me and im not in the mood.

For example i was in 7-11 the other day only person there, my car parked out side. A GTI comes the guy walks in, looks at me and says ill race you, i smirk at him and just take my bag of stuff and leave. this guy mustve been almost 30, im 18 and im more mature than him...
      01-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #24
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

People who doddle along and then speed up to make a yellow light leaving everybody who they held up to have to stop for the red. People get the horn for that one.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #25
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
- Slow cars drive in the right-side lanes. Fast cars pass on the left-side lanes. This is basic driving knowledge/etiquette. I lived in Germany from 2004-2006 and this practice was followed by all. Somehow not all Americans understand this rule.

- This is a small one but it bugs me haha. When you allow someone to merge into your lane during standstill traffic and the other driver doesn't give you the "thank you wave".
the lane rule apparently does not apply in Maryland - it is not basic driving knowledge here; I learned that when I moved.

I also expect the thank you wave!

I love this thread...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:25 PM   #26
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

ALL of the above +
People using brakes for no reason...constantly, then step on the gas and so on... Don't they realize that the car would slow down on its own if they just let go of the gas pedal...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #27
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
-Drive in dawn/dusk, rain, and cloudy/dark weather with no headlights
-Turn in front of you and do not accelerate properly, or at all causing you to slam on your breaks
-Leave 15 car lenghts in traffic
-Do not merge properly
-People who do not let people in when merging
-People who feel it's their right to driving the emergency lane during traffic(i usually pull in front so they can't go anywhere for a little bit just to piss them off)
-People who yap on their cell phones non stop in traffic...GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE!

Too much to really remember, but pretty much everything previously mentioned as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #28
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
ALL of the above +
People using brakes for no reason...constantly, then step on the gas and so on... Don't they realize that the car would slow down on its own if they just let go of the gas pedal...
hahaha, forgot about that one! it's really f-ing annoying!
      01-24-2007, 10:03 PM   #29
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
ALL of the above +

+1
It gets me all confused because I dont know if they wanna change lane, stop, or simply just slowing down. This especially annoys me when it's a van or truck. It annoys me even more when there's NOBODY in front of them.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 10:07 PM   #30
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
+1
It gets me all confused because I dont know if they wanna change lane, stop, or simply just slowing down. This especially annoys me when it's a van or truck. It annoys me even more when there's NOBODY in front of them.
I thought it was the FL thing...but then I see it every day in Dallas...

OFF THE TOPIC, also pisses me off that the cops would pull you over for a dark tint, but would not (always) pull someone over for inop brake lights. I've seen it many times...cops following them and nothing.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #31
joebaggg
E60
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Attack

Garage List
2006 E90  [0.00]
Get In My Way!
      01-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #32
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Joel View Post
People who drive past traffic jams in a lane that is ending (or the breakdown lane) then expect people to let them back into traffic. You're sure as hell not getting in in front of ME if you do that.

i do that every single time... u just have to in NYC.

of course i dont need people to let me in, when its stop and go, and the stupid drivers take forever to creep forward, i just smoothly fit myself in between those gaps.
      01-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #33
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I hate it when people pull me over.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #34
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

It's really irritating when you are the second car at a stop light and the first car just sits after the light turns green. But it's even worse when you are the third car, you see the first car just sitting there, and you are the jerk for honking because the driver of the second car won't honk!:mad:
      01-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #35
King Luis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
-Drive in dawn/dusk, rain, and cloudy/dark weather with no headlights
-Turn in front of you and do not accelerate properly, or at all causing you to slam on your breaks
-Leave 15 car lenghts in traffic
-Do not merge properly
-People who do not let people in when merging
-People who feel it's their right to driving the emergency lane during traffic(i usually pull in front so they can't go anywhere for a little bit just to piss them off)
-People who yap on their cell phones non stop in traffic...GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE!

Too much to really remember, but pretty much everything previously mentioned as well.
also people who don't check their blind spots.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #36
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

You have to shake your head in disbelief when there's a firetruck or an ambulance in the oncoming lanes without any traffic, and all the cars from both lanes going your direction pull OFF THE ROAD, onto the shoulder while the emergency vehicle passes by three lanes away! It's like everybody thinks a firetruck needs all four lanes. You have to pull off too, or the yahoos might run you over when they decide to go again.
      01-24-2007, 11:15 PM   #37
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani View Post
the lane rule apparently does not apply in Maryland - it is not basic driving knowledge here; I learned that when I moved.

I also expect the thank you wave!

I love this thread...
Yup, I used to live in MD (and work in DC). It's funny how people think they will go faster just because they're in the "fast lane", so cars are lined up one right behind the next. All the while, the right-most lane is completely empty and you can cruise comfortably there.

And it bothers me when people cut in and out of traffic dangerously just to get a few cars ahead. One second you're staying in your lane minding your own business, and the next you see a speeding car right up on your ass, switching multiple lanes, and narrowly missing a collision with your rear bumper.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 01:06 AM   #38
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
hmm start off a list:
-tailgaters
-highbeams
-slow drivers
-cut offs
-honking
-people talking on their cell phones.. *omg..

theres more just to lazy.. hehe

its funny how people also break all of a sudden when a cop shows up. people for some reason are scared to pass the cop driving next to them... DRIVE!!
      01-25-2007, 07:34 AM   #39
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I like when oncoming traffic flashes me cuz they think my highbeam are on when there not.

Old people backing out of driveway. They just go without looking. It's almost like there thinking, "hey I've lived this long, let's see if you can too".

Old people who changes lanes in their boat without any looking what-so-ever. The kind where you can see them starting to change lanes while your pretty much next to them. You slow down slightly just incase and then here they come. No flasher, just doing the lane change that takes about a mile.

Old people who drive in general. I'm sorry but I'm a big believer that once you reach about 60 or 65 you should have to be tested every 2 or so years. Hell a driving test should be mandatory for everyone at 30 to brush up. And I'm not talking the cheap ass test the state patrol gives you. I'm talking close to BMW style driving school. You fail, take it till you pass. The fee for each test goes to the state. Then maybe the police's only job of giving out tickets might lessen.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 07:57 AM   #40
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

drive...
      01-25-2007, 08:13 AM   #41
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Tailgaitors.

People doing the speed limit in the fast lane, and won't get out of it because they're on their cell phone and too oblivous to realize they are causing miles of traffic.

People in the fast lane who don't move over when you're coming up faster behind them and want to get by.

People who don't show some courtesy. Is it that big of a deal to let someone in?? People in Boston are such a$$hats and only care about themselves.. It's funny a few times I let people in they didn't know what I was doing.

If someone lets you in, wave, smile, flash your lights fast, anything to show your appreciation.

People who get in the way of emergency vehicles. Get the Fvck out of the way!! (I was a Firefighter for 6 years). If a firetruck or ambulance needs to get through an intersection, pull over and let them through. Don't try and beat it. Most firetrucks weigh on the order of 20 - 25 tons. Your car weighs 1.5 tons. Do the math. And what if it was your house burning and your kid in the burning house? Are you going to let us through then?? Selfish fvcks... If we're responding lights and sirens it's obvious someone needs our help.. This always amazed me how many people would pull this crap. And how many fatalities there were from people trying to beat emergency crews through intersections each year.. There are some responses where seconds can make a difference in saving a persons life. Is your getting home 10 seconds earlier more important that that person's life?? $!#$#!%#$!$!#@$!%!

That's it for now, I'm getting to worked up..

Boston drivers are such a$$holes btw..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 08:38 AM   #42
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
Somehow not all Americans understand this rule.

- This is a small one but it bugs me haha. When you allow someone to merge into your lane during standstill traffic and the other driver doesn't give you the "thank you wave".
Americans does not like to be control by rules. Americans can be rude and selfish. I gues I am an American after all

Drivers who speed...many of them are in bmw (wait, that include me as well )

Hey Josh49, welcome to America
      01-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #43
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
Americans does not like to be control by rules. Americans can be rude and selfish. I gues I am an American after all

Drivers who speed...many of them are in bmw (wait, that include me as well )

Hey Josh49, welcome to America

I plan on moving to my own island soon anyhow, so it's okay...

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #44
DFW_M
Major General
Rep

Just realized another one...
The light ahead of me turned red, I was about 1/4 mile away, so I naturally slowed down by just releasing the gas pedal and rolling slowly to it...when this guy cuts in front of me in an SUV, just to be the first one at the light (there was someone in the lane next to me). So, he had to slam on the brake in order to stop at the light.
Then his phone rang and the light turned green, but he was too busy talking, on the phone so it took him 5-6 seconds to get moving...
Appreciate 0