BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-24-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Things Other Drivers Do That Bother You

I stay quite calm when I'm driving, but certain things bother me a little such as when other drivers:
- Change lanes or make turns without using their turn signals
- Drive at night without turning on their headlights
- Use the horn and think that it will make traffic move faster
- Tailgate

How about you?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Richwm
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E90 330i 6MT, 01 E46 330i

Garage List
Drive slow in the fast lane.
Mar 05 Build date,2006 E90 330i, Sport Package, Premium Package, TR MT-1's . V-1 Hard-wired power with custom V-1 Concealment Display . Rear fogs, Rear power outlet's, M short shifter knob, BlackLines, BMW Strut tower bar, CDV Delete, Front M3 wishbones + tension struts, BMW Performance shocks and springs, BMW Performance Brake kit F&R, OEM short shift kit. Rear M3 Guide rods and Wishbones.
2006 E-90 330i with 302,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
rwwong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2008 Jeep Hemi

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
I stay quite calm when I'm driving, but certain things bother me a little such as when other drivers:
- Tailgate

How about you?
All of the above! And when they hap-hazzardly open their door while parked and dent my door panel. Just found it today!
      01-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #4
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91 Dude View Post
- Tailgate

How about you?
well drivers in Maryland are horrible so I can have quite a long list here (I am from the northeast abnd we drive very aggresively and know how to keep traffic moving).

now as far as changing lanes without turn signals I understand why people do that. here in Maryland when you put on your turn signal that is a sign for the driver in the lane you are trying to move to that they should speed up so you can't pull in front of them. then when you do get in front of them and they have to slam on their brakes to avoid hitting you they honk at you like it was your fault. so that is my issue number 1.

next - when there are five lanes on the highway and the speed limit is 65 and most of us want to do 85 or faster, the six people all doing 60 should not each pick a different lane so we have to weave in and out to maintain a reasonable speed.

last one (I could have a hundred of these) merging is supposed to be a zipper. my lane goes then your lane goes then my lane goes etc. stopping to let someone in when it is not their turn is not being nice; it takes longer for them to figure out that they can go than it would have to just go in the proper order. everyone in the lane that ends should not pick a random spot to come to a complete stop and wait for someone to let them in - drive to the end and merge - my lane, your lane, my lane.

if you can't tell I have a bit of a problem with stupid drivers.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
Tony717
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
when they drift across into your lane like nothing is there and your about to pass them

also when they rear end you cause they were lookin the other way

and a bunch of other stuff...

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #6
saalim
Non Resident
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richwm View Post
+1:mad:

2006 325i | 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic/Terra Leather/Burl Walnut | ZPP/ZCW | Premium Sound/Navigation/Xenon/PDC/Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

i hate it when drivers drive slow because a cop is in the middle of the pack......

who cares!!

let's get moving!!
      01-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #8
Corey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '92 240SX

drive

"You're going to have your heart broken, and you're gonna repair it with zipties."
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #9
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep

oh here's a big one - when they hit you while parked and do 10k in damage to your car .
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
+1. it's the most annoying one of all.

commute gap is also pretty annoying.
      01-24-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
shragon
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
i hate it when drivers drive slow because a cop is in the middle of the pack......

who cares!!

let's get moving!!
how about ones that slow down a lot because there's a cop on the side of the road, already writing somebody up!
      01-24-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
BartMack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Coupe, 06 MINI CooperS

talk on the phone while driving....

causes all thie things listed above!

2007 335i Coupe TiAg w/black+silver interior & sport package-Feb or March delivery ...
2006 MINI CooperS vert, Pepper White, Aerokit, ASA wheels & Helix 15% reduction pulley and CAI, Wetokole seatcovers, Sirius & other bits
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 05:42 PM   #13
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

o, if u tailgate me your in for it, first i turn on the rear fogs, if they are still tailgating i slow down and wait for them to try and pass me, of course the car tailgating is almost always slower than mine and they cant pass me

(Disclaimer: im not saying my car is fast)
      01-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #14
shragon
No_Country
Rep

^ hahaha i haven't used my rear fogs for that yet.
      01-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Tailgaters get the rear fogs and if they don't back off I pull the e-brake to slow down. They don't have the right to see the brake lights.

People that come close to stopping in the middle of the road for no particular reason. Like there the only car on the road or something.

People who slow or stop to look at an accident, cop giving a ticket, whatever. I don't care move your ass out of the way!

People that drift all over their lane. If I'm in my hyundai I typically do a quick fly by buzz to wake their ass up.

People that do 60 in the fast lane. I get up on them and make them drive faster. If they wanna try to slow down even more deal that usually takes them out of their powerband allowing me to effectively blow by them even quicker.

People who blatently do something stupid on their own but then flip you off or honk at you for no reason. I was entering the highway the other day and the person behind me must have been in a hury. he jumps out in the slow lane before the merge point then continues to drive slowly. As I begin to get on he then tries to speed past me in the same lane. He then flips me off like I'm at fault, even tho he illegally merged and basically was trying to leap frog me on the entrance ramp. Somehow I was the asshole??

Cops that drive like dumbasses. Especially the ones who stop at a light and decide they dont want to wait. They turn on their lights drive through the intersection and then turn off their lights. They aren't going anywhere, they just didnt want to wait.
I drive for a living basically so I could go on forever.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #16
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post

who cares!!

let's get moving!!
hahaha ! i usually wait for the cop to exit freeway and then speed off

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #17
Dani
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud View Post

People who slow or stop to look at an accident, cop giving a ticket, whatever. I don't car move your ass out of the way!

oh my god, everyone around here comes almost to a complete stop to look if there is so much as a car with a flat on the side of the road. it is crazy. how hard is it to glance to the side while driving if you are that interested?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 06:09 PM   #18
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
^ hahaha i haven't used my rear fogs for that yet.
i love doing that, cuz 90% of the time it works, but if it doesnt i usually end up winning anyways
      01-24-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC

Quote:
why do they do it?
I also hate the drivers who drive so wrecklessly fast in a crowded area when it's pointless really.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

- Drive slow in the fast lane (or atleast not passing in the fast lane)

- Inability to merge. People that wont turn on to a 4 lane divided road because there is someone driving in the fast lane while the slow lane is completely open.

- Distracted drivers. The most obvious - talking on the phone.

- People that feel the absolute need to race me. I dont care if you 'think' you can beat me. Rev up and beat me... right to that speeding ticket.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #21
Curious Joel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Montego/Saddle

This list could go on for a thousand pages, but here are some of my pet peeves:
-People who drive slow in the left lane. That's the worst, particularly if there are only two lanes. It isn't their job to enforce the speed limit.
-People who tailgate you, ESPECIALLY when there is obviously a slow-moving car in front of you that you can't do anything about.
-People who practically come to a stop in traffic before making a turn, especially right turns.
-People who stop in the EZ-Pass lanes at the toll.. The whole point is that you DON'T have to stop
-To add to the one above, people who get into the EZ-Pass lane and don't have one and just stop and wait there, as if running the toll is the worst crime they could commit.
-When people do something that nearly causes an accident, like cutting you off or pulling out in front of you, then get all mad at YOU, like it's your fault.
-People who drive past traffic jams in a lane that is ending (or the breakdown lane) then expect people to let them back into traffic. You're sure as hell not getting in in front of ME if you do that.
EDIT: Forgot to add, people who don't yield when entering the highway, despite the fact that there is a big red YIELD sign at the end of every on-ramp on the highway system in this country..
Sport/Steptronic/Paddles/Premium/CA
PDC/Nav/6FL/etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep

- Slow cars drive in the right-side lanes. Fast cars pass on the left-side lanes. This is basic driving knowledge/etiquette. I lived in Germany from 2004-2006 and this practice was followed by all. Somehow not all Americans understand this rule.

- This is a small one but it bugs me haha. When you allow someone to merge into your lane during standstill traffic and the other driver doesn't give you the "thank you wave".
Appreciate 0