BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-12-2022, 12:03 AM   #331
SRod321
Enlisted Member
SRod321's Avatar
197
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 Comp
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 M3  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Look at everyone's reaction right now.

Now imagine if this was the last race of the season with two drivers tied on points.

The hypocrisy is hilarious.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 4
M5Rick57628.00
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 01:25 AM   #332
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
28173
Rep
12,882
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

The F1 season so far: 11 out of 16 races + 2 out of 2 Sprint. Youngest ever.

Still 6 races and 1 Sprint (Brazil) scheduled.

Ferrari onboard team radio next race: "Verstappen is on Plan A (Annihilating the competition), Plan B (Breaking a record) and Plan C (Championship title)".

Name:  F1_Most_Wins.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  F1_Most_Consecutive_Wins.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  299.2 KB

(source: here)
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 5
M5Rick57628.00
GuidoK10122.50
EdM53817.50
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 03:04 AM   #333
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57628
Rep
18,852
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Drivers reaction after the race.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 03:23 AM   #334
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57628
Rep
18,852
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

To re cap on the race ending laps it was unfortunate that car 3 ground to a halt at the worst time in a bad recovery place jammed in gear with just a few laps to go to the end and the difficulty and time involved in moving it but the race director had no choice but to have the SC to the end understandably causing Charlie frustration and the booing reaction from tifosi though I think it's more a snap reaction from them to the general SC situation than a deliberate one at Max which they were upset about just cruising slowly to the chequered flag without a fight.

*Though now I am reading more of some extreme tifosi that were chanting insults on Max's mother and threatening RBR fans if they didn't remove their hats and concerningly @Rhiannon.ck commenting that British media is dead silent on some of the chants aimed at her.
Link
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/13546...-s-mother.html

Last edited by M5Rick; 09-12-2022 at 03:47 AM..
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 05:29 AM   #335
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
61861
Rep
24,242
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
To be fair, my prediction was still most accurate.
Same prediction will be accurate for Singapore and Suzuka ...
And probably for the remaining races as well !

OC . Without incidents or PU issues ...
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick57628.00
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
DrFerry6706.00
      09-12-2022, 05:38 AM   #336
///M Power-Belgium
General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
61861
Rep
24,242
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
To re cap on the race ending laps it was unfortunate that car 3 ground to a halt at the worst time in a bad recovery place jammed in gear with just a few laps to go to the end and the difficulty and time involved in moving it but the race director had no choice but to have the SC to the end understandably causing Charlie frustration and the booing reaction from tifosi though I think it's more a snap reaction from them to the general SC situation than a deliberate one at Max which they were upset about just cruising slowly to the chequered flag without a fight.

*Though now I am reading more of some extreme tifosi that were chanting insults on Max's mother and threatening RBR fans if they didn't remove their hats and concerningly @Rhiannon.ck commenting that British media is dead silent on some of the chants aimed at her.
Link
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/13546...-s-mother.html
Yeah I heard that . I was reading the reactions already a few hours after the race .
MAX said : What could I have done more than try to win the race as usual ?

We didn't had incidents with Ferrari , it was clean racing at the limit by us and Ferrari .
So it is what it is . I will sleep well , so I don't care .
__________________
"MAX VERSTAPPEN" IS THE 2021+2022+2023 F1 WORLD CHAMPION - #UnLeashTheLion

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick57628.00
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
DrFerry6706.00
      09-12-2022, 06:29 AM   #337
M5Rick
General
M5Rick's Avatar
57628
Rep
18,852
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yeah I heard that . I was reading the reactions already a few hours after the race .
MAX said : What could I have done more than try to win the race as usual ?

We didn't had incidents with Ferrari , it was clean racing at the limit by us and Ferrari .
So it is what it is . I will sleep well , so I don't care .
Going on to the SGP I don't think Max will mathematically win the championship there with him having to win with FL then Chas and Checo having to finish 9th and below which is unlikely.
Anyway Max is getting tantalisingly close to that 13 wins in a season record scored by Schumi all those years ago.
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #338
lens
Colonel
lens's Avatar
2029
Rep
2,620
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Also, HORRIBLE decision by the stewards not to red flag it.

If you won't red flag it during the middle of the race, why would you red flag it near the end of the race?

The FIA is trying to keep it consistent, if they suddenly red flag every "inchident" it makes it completely unfair to any other team, in any race, when they're leading.

Imagine if Mercedes/Ferrari were leading the race by 40 seconds, and then someone stops their car on the track with 5 laps left, and they red flag it, the leader has 40 lap old hards, and second/third place just pit for fresh softs. You just gave the leader brand new tires.

Now, imagine on the restart, the leader's engine blows up or they get taken out in the first corner? FIA would literally get shit on for the red flag.

People should just be happy it ended on a safety car, I can imagine the hate they would get if it was red flagged, and on restart, RUS and LEC gets taken out, or LEC engine goes BOOM, then you would never hear the end of it.
__________________
Bootmod3, CTS Catless DP, B58TU HPFP, XHP, BM3 Flexfuel Kit
Appreciate 1
GuidoK10122.50
      09-12-2022, 07:20 AM   #339
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
6654
Rep
10,586
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
What a terrible way to end a race
Look at everyone's reaction right now.

Now imagine if this was the last race of the season with two drivers tied on points.

The hypocrisy is hilarious.
Exactly why I think the finale to last season was epic.
Appreciate 4
GuidoK10122.50
NYG10565.50
M5Rick57628.00
      09-12-2022, 07:31 AM   #340
yco
i'm just saying
yco's Avatar
5692
Rep
2,634
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

pretty straight forward race that FIA killed Merc's dominance clearly created a different one..

red flag could spice things up but Red Bulls are too fast still..
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno
Appreciate 2
NYG10565.50
minn1913908.50
      09-12-2022, 07:43 AM   #341
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
3798j's Avatar
11041
Rep
1,758
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Look at everyone's reaction right now.
Not everyone's. When the lead driver has made a dominate drive (let's say a 10 second lead or more) and a lowly backmarker creates a safety car yellow in the waning laps of the race, my thoughts are his body of work in the bulk of the race has him deserving of the victory.
No doubt my view is in the minority, but I've seen how NASCAR, with its patented late yellows and scripted restarts has diminished the product.
Appreciate 3
NYG10565.50
minn1913908.50
      09-12-2022, 09:19 AM   #342
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
10123
Rep
4,729
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
To be fair, my prediction was still most accurate.
hmmm I don't know....

There can only be winners if there are also loosers
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 09:36 AM   #343
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
GuidoK's Avatar
10123
Rep
4,729
Posts

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tinkering in the garage

iTrader: (0)

So apparently Latifi is gone at Williams...
Nyck de Vries driving has finally shook them awake.

I don't know for how many millions Latifi's sponsering is good for, but Williams is the lowest perfroming team, so they need all the points they can set, and I hope the budgetcap is one of the reasons that paid drivers that underperform aren't necessairy anymore, no matter how nice of a guy Latifi is irl (he really is always friendly and honest in interviews). But he's just not good enough for F1.

De Vries and Albon as driver line up in one team would be interesting; when they were younger they battled a lot in the same racing classes. Both Norris and Russel have said that Albon used to be lightning fast in certain racing classes, but De Vries has won quite a few times from Albon too
__________________
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 4
NYG10565.50
M5Rick57628.00
      09-12-2022, 11:08 AM   #344
HeelToeShift
Captain
1745
Rep
910
Posts

Drives: Mine
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Here

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
They could have but Max would have still won.

The difference between the GOAT driver and the GOAT car.
Charles had very little for Max in that race pace wise. Max's race pace was unreal, and the fact that he did almost half the race on softs is another area people are forgetting as this was next level ability to not degrade the tires.
Appreciate 3
NYG10565.50
M5Rick57628.00
      09-12-2022, 11:09 AM   #345
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10566
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Not everyone's. When the lead driver has made a dominate drive (let's say a 10 second lead or more) and a lowly backmarker creates a safety car yellow in the waning laps of the race, my thoughts are his body of work in the bulk of the race has him deserving of the victory.
No doubt my view is in the minority, but I've seen how NASCAR, with its patented late yellows and scripted restarts has diminished the product.
Well, at the very least, you know I respect your view.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick57628.00
      09-12-2022, 11:18 AM   #346
minn19
Lieutenant General
minn19's Avatar
13909
Rep
10,041
Posts

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
If you won't red flag it during the middle of the race, why would you red flag it near the end of the race?

The FIA is trying to keep it consistent, if they suddenly red flag every "inchident" it makes it completely unfair to any other team, in any race, when they're leading.

Imagine if Mercedes/Ferrari were leading the race by 40 seconds, and then someone stops their car on the track with 5 laps left, and they red flag it, the leader has 40 lap old hards, and second/third place just pit for fresh softs. You just gave the leader brand new tires.

Now, imagine on the restart, the leader's engine blows up or they get taken out in the first corner? FIA would literally get shit on for the red flag.

People should just be happy it ended on a safety car, I can imagine the hate they would get if it was red flagged, and on restart, RUS and LEC gets taken out, or LEC engine goes BOOM, then you would never hear the end of it.
Consistency? Interesting last year that they went “motor car racing” with a bigger accident to clean up and this year they didn’t…………….

I do agree it wouldn’t of mattered though. RB/Max is just too strong this year.
Appreciate 1
yco5691.50
      09-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #347
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
3798j's Avatar
11041
Rep
1,758
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
I didn't see Leclerc perform well enough (during 60+ laps of trying) to deserve a chance. Having a backmarker bring out the safety car and erase a 10+ second commanding lead at the end of a race shouldn't give a non competitive 2nd place car an opportunity for the win.
Before the lights went out, I was hoping for Charles and Ferrari to bring home a victory...he/they just weren't fast enough.
Appreciate 1
NYG10565.50
      09-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #348
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10566
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Consistency? Interesting last year that they went “motor car racing” with a bigger accident to clean up and this year they didn’t…………….

I do agree it wouldn’t of mattered though. RB/Max is just too strong this year.
Where you been qtpie?!
Appreciate 2
M5Rick57628.00
      09-12-2022, 11:28 AM   #349
NYG
Brigadier General
NYG's Avatar
United_States
10566
Rep
3,643
Posts

Drives: Corvette Z06
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

Nyck had one of the best job interviews of all time.

Very happy for him - Merc has been holding his career back for a while. He earned Latifi's seat next year 100%.
Appreciate 5
br438581.00
minn1913908.50
chuckthis358.50
M5Rick57628.00
      09-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #350
minn19
Lieutenant General
minn19's Avatar
13909
Rep
10,041
Posts

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
I didn't see Leclerc perform well enough (during 60+ laps of trying) to deserve a chance. Having a backmarker bring out the safety car and erase a 10+ second commanding lead at the end of a race shouldn't give a non competitive 2nd place car an opportunity for the win.
Before the lights went out, I was hoping for Charles and Ferrari to bring home a victory...he/they just weren't fast enough.
I get what you are saying and mostly agree. But, I don’t think it comes down to how anyone is performing or that “deserve” even enters into it. FIA needs hard and fast rules on how to handle these situations.

I 100% agree with you take about NASCAR manufacturing drama. It’s exactly what they did last year and created a ton of controversy which is why they have controversy over this decision.

Again, barring a technical fault for Max’s car it wouldn’t of mattered in the end. But that isn’t the point either.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 11:31 AM   #351
minn19
Lieutenant General
minn19's Avatar
13909
Rep
10,041
Posts

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Where you been qtpie?!
I’ve been off the public side of forums for awhile now. A bit of self banning. But, I’ve been more active in the big vs thread that’s turned into a catch all for car talk. Easily the best thread that’s ever existed on BP in a lot of our opinions.
Appreciate 2
NYG10565.50
NickyC17108.50
      09-12-2022, 11:33 AM   #352
minn19
Lieutenant General
minn19's Avatar
13909
Rep
10,041
Posts

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Nyck had one of the best job interviews of all time.

Very happy for him - Merc has been holding his career back for a while. He earned Latifi's seat next year 100%.
Don’t know about the MB stuff but definitely agree. It was a lot of fun to see in an otherwise fairly straightforward/boring race. Was surprised to see both McLarens up there, until RIC’s retirement of course.
Appreciate 2
NYG10565.50
MontyB11322.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST