BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-24-2020, 02:25 PM   #5105
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I have mentioned it before, but my brother met his wife on E-Harmony.

I think the reason it worked for him is that he said it takes almost an hour to sign up and answer all the personality questions.

Most people are not going to spend that amount of time setting up a profile unless they are serious about trying to find something long-term.

But they have been married for about 5 years now....she seems pretty cool and they get along great from what I see and hear.
E-harmony is the one where you can't search for people to message etc. Seems like bs for a pay site. Is it still religious based as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 02:27 PM   #5106
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I'm convinced most women on dating sites are just looking for validation, and nothing more. The ones who are actually looking for something of substance avoid dating sites.
Absolutely A LOT of women on these sites & apps are doing just that, but when you're an ugly introvert like me & don't approach random women in Target, the internet is what is left.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 02:47 PM   #5107
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
but when you're an ugly introvert like me & don't approach random women in Target, the internet is what is left.
there's a jack for every jill
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #5108
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
E-harmony is the one where you can't search for people to message etc. Seems like bs for a pay site. Is it still religious based as well?
I think they have relaxed the religious bit, but according to him you can't see matches for you until you fill out the profile.

But he did say that everyone he was matched with was a pretty good selection in regards to what they were looking for.

I guess you could just fly through the questions and answer what you want, but then supposedly you won't be matched as well as when being truthful.
      01-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #5109
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
I think they have relaxed the religious bit, but according to him you can't see matches for you until you fill out the profile.

But he did say that everyone he was matched with was a pretty good selection in regards to what they were looking for.

I guess you could just fly through the questions and answer what you want, but then supposedly you won't be matched as well as when being truthful.
Wonder if this is one of the questions on the site...
Attached Images

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 4
Rmtt8206.00
MKSixer34171.50
King Rudi13152.00
      01-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #5110
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Recently had a woman tell me her idea of a first date was food. After she said no to pool at my place, I picked a local brewery that also has food. She then backed out w/the "You seem like a nice guy..." blah blah blah. Ok so you didn't wanna eat? Idiot.

Another one lives one town over (15 minutes or so tops) and said she did not feel like driving to my town. Called her a lazy ass & blocked her number.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #5111
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
That's obviously false.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 12:52 PM   #5112
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Recently had a woman tell me her idea of a first date was food. After she said no to pool at my place, I picked a local brewery that also has food. She then backed out w/the "You seem like a nice guy..." blah blah blah. Ok so you didn't wanna eat? Idiot.

Another one lives one town over (15 minutes or so tops) and said she did not feel like driving to my town. Called her a lazy ass & blocked her number.
You may want to smooth things out a bit in your communication from what I'm reading here. If they want food, I suggest asking what their 3 fav restaurants are and pick one of those. Remember your objectives...

On the distance, some people don't mind it, some mind it quite a bit. I had a lady driving about 280 miles, one way to spend weekends with me. She had no problem doing it and I also reciprocated. If they can't invest a little time, you are better off without them.

Good luck!
Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00
      01-27-2020, 01:46 PM   #5113
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You may want to smooth things out a bit in your communication from what I'm reading here. If they want food, I suggest asking what their 3 fav restaurants are and pick one of those. Remember your objectives...

On the distance, some people don't mind it, some mind it quite a bit. I had a lady driving about 280 miles, one way to spend weekends with me. She had no problem doing it and I also reciprocated. If they can't invest a little time, you are better off without them.

Good luck!
Cheers-mk
Yea? I didn't post the actual conversation. Communication was fine. She bailed after I suggested the place. No time for games so I moved on. Likely another one on there just for validation & was never going to meet anyway. Someone that wants to meet you won't play high maintenance b/c you didn't get taken for lobster. The goal there was ass for me anyway so no loss.

On the other one, 15 minutes is not distance. That's straight lazy. Like I said, called her on it & blocked. I'm not upset. It's funny & sad that people are actually out there doing this dumb shit.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer34171.50
premier3is1627.00
      01-27-2020, 02:12 PM   #5114
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 02:30 PM   #5115
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

You only find out the real interest level when it's time to meet face-to-face. That's why I try to meet early on. Separates the spectators from the participants, with minimal time wasted. The vast majority of women on those dating sites have no intention of going on a date with any man, ever. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Jesus could each try to buy them dinner and they'd all get ghosted. It's frustrating as fuck.
      01-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #5116
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
The "Jacks" for some of these basket-case "Jills" would have to be bed-wetting cucks with no pride and no game.
Dang3r12503.00
      01-27-2020, 02:39 PM   #5117
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
The "Jacks" for some of these basket-case "Jills" would have to be bed-wetting cucks with no pride and no game.
but still you admit they exist
Appreciate 2
      01-27-2020, 03:42 PM   #5118
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

Good luck!
Cheers-mk
I see your point - I've definitely bailed on girls because I did not want to make the drive. Not that it was long or anything, but because I would honestly not expect anyone to drive 45 mins to see me so I figured it would be just to bail on that girl.

Quote:
Yea? I didn't post the actual conversation. Communication was fine. She bailed after I suggested the place. No time for games so I moved on. Likely another one on there just for validation & was never going to meet anyway. Someone that wants to meet you won't play high maintenance b/c you didn't get taken for lobster. The goal there was ass for me anyway so no loss.

On the other one, 15 minutes is not distance. That's straight lazy. Like I said, called her on it & blocked. I'm not upset. It's funny & sad that people are actually out there doing this dumb shit.
I met up a few times with this girl, and for some reason I still don't know she would not want to come to brunch with me downtown in a nice place. (It was in a country club sorta place so it wasn't even about her being able/not able to afford the bill, it would go to my bill anyway). Anything I threw was just not exciting to her I guess

One of our mutual friends sent a pic of her with the new boyfriend and all I gotta say is... if that's the kind of guy she was willing to date I'm glad i'm out the picture. I met her ex by coincidence at a bar (after they broke up and while she was seeing me) and that kid was a good guy so I was kinda reassured that she was a good girl. The new guy is just... "average" to put it nicely
Appreciate 2
      01-28-2020, 08:38 AM   #5119
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You only find out the real interest level when it's time to meet face-to-face.
Exactly.

Quote:
That's why I try to meet early on. Separates the spectators from the participants, with minimal time wasted.
Me too. Once numbers are exchanged, I move to setting that up.

Quote:
The vast majority of women on those dating sites have no intention of going on a date with any man, ever. Brad Pitt, George Clooney, and Jesus could each try to buy them dinner and they'd all get ghosted. It's frustrating as fuck.
sad but true
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2020, 08:40 AM   #5120
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I see your point - I've definitely bailed on girls because I did not want to make the drive. Not that it was long or anything, but because I would honestly not expect anyone to drive 45 mins to see me so I figured it would be just to bail on that girl.
I get it if long distance, but 15 min is just lol moron.

I've had women drive 2 hrs each way to meet me so you never know.
Appreciate 2
      01-28-2020, 08:41 AM   #5121
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
PLenty of those guys out there too.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #5122
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The key to staying sane and possibly actually enjoying dating, online or otherwise, is to focus on the process and let the results be what they will be. Stay true to yourself and your values and priorities. Put forth as much effort as you're willing to, but don't make a second job out of it. Most of it is beyond your control, so don't dwell on it.

All this is really hard for me, because I'm extremely results-focused. It's also a really good exercise for me, working outside my comfort zone.
      01-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #5123
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The key to staying sane and possibly actually enjoying dating, online or otherwise, is to focus on the process and let the results be what they will be. Stay true to yourself and your values and priorities. Put forth as much effort as you're willing to, but don't make a second job out of it. Most of it is beyond your control, so don't dwell on it.

All this is really hard for me, because I'm extremely results-focused. It's also a really good exercise for me, working outside my comfort zone.
Agree 100% & am impatient, etc etc so a tad hard for me too. Lots of them put out on date one so that makes it an easier pill to swallow.

Do you ever roll up in the FGT? You'd have no problems
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #5124
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Agree 100% & am impatient, etc etc so a tad hard for me too. Lots of them put out on date one so that makes it an easier pill to swallow.

Do you ever roll up in the FGT? You'd have no problems
For the meet-and-greet I don't reveal much about my lifestyle. I park so that they can't see what I'm climbing out of, I put my watch in my pocket, and I dress pretty generic. I want to gauge our mutual interest in each other, with the "stuff" out of the way for the time being. Later in the game, of course, we'll want figure out if our lifestyles are compatible. But for the first couple of encounters, I just want to see if we can have fun together. If we can't do that, nothing else matters.

I've never used a car to impress anybody. I only buy cars for my own tastes and enjoyment. And besides, it wouldn't work for the sort of woman I'm looking for. Even if she knew what it was.
      01-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #5125
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
For the meet-and-greet I don't reveal much about my lifestyle. I park so that they can't see what I'm climbing out of, I put my watch in my pocket, and I dress pretty generic. I want to gauge our mutual interest in each other, with the "stuff" out of the way for the time being. Later in the game, of course, we'll want figure out if our lifestyles are compatible. But for the first couple of encounters, I just want to see if we can have fun together. If we can't do that, nothing else matters.

I've never used a car to impress anybody. I only buy cars for my own tastes and enjoyment. And besides, it wouldn't work for the sort of woman I'm looking for. Even if she knew what it was.
You and I sound much alike. Curious as to what watch(es) you're rocking. I have several but my daily is my TAG F-1; although I can't wear it work and around here if it isn't Fossil, Seiko or Rolex no one has any idea what it is.
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #5126
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
You and I sound much alike. Curious as to what watch(es) you're rocking. I have several but my daily is my TAG F-1; although I can't wear it work and around here if it isn't Fossil, Seiko or Rolex no one has any idea what it is.
I'm a fan of Breitlings. I'm wearing a Titanium Avenger today. I have a Superocean that's a little dressier but still chunky, and a Navitimer on a leather strap that goes well with formal. I've owned Rolexes, but that brand has a connotation to it that I choose to avoid, since there are other brands whose watches I prefer and they're better values.
Attached Images

MKSixer34171.50