BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #45
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

I'm currently selling my panigale on craigslist (among other places). I got a bunch of nude photo emails (which were actually fun, haha).

The big scam going on, at least with bikes lately, is the scammer opens a dialogue, seemingly legit, then drives the conversation to "do you have a vin report." Previous owner of my bike got duped by this scam and warned me. I've received 3-4 of these inquiries so far. Basically, the vin report website is fraudulent, and they give you a dummy report and take your $50. The obvious/funny thing is that vin reports are useless to detect moto crashes since most people just repair themselves.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 12:39 PM   #46
aajjcc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

thats awesome u got your money back.

my long scam story...

I sold a shoe off eBay to a buyer in NY and it ended up being a nightmare. I shipped the package via UPS with signature required. I uploaded the tracking number onto eBay/PayPal and thought all was going to go well. The package was estimated to arrive within the next 4 days, but after 2 days, the buyer had opened a case against me stating that he was scared I scammed him because the item had not arrived yet. I thought it was some sort of joke but after making sure I was logged into the correct eBay and PayPal page, it hit me that I was getting scammed. One thing I absolutely hate about eBay is how they always side with the buyer first. So to cover my ass, I hit up UPS to intercept the delivery and pay 20 bucks. I also contact eBay and PayPal regarding this issue and give them all the information I could, telling them the package is still in transit so obviously the buyer had not received it yet. They're like OH, we'll transfer you to x, he'll know what to do. I was transferred around 20 times before one of their "top managers" told me they couldn't do anything and had to wait till the package was delivered. Oh yeah, so by then you'll return his money AND he'll get the shoes. Well at least I had the UPS interception right? Turns out the message didn't get across, and the delivery guy dropped off the package WITHOUT getting signature confirmation. It took two more weeks of complaining to eBay before they finally decided to give back the money.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #47
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajjcc View Post
thats awesome u got your money back.

my long scam story...

I sold a shoe off eBay to a buyer in NY and it ended up being a nightmare. I shipped the package via UPS with signature required. I uploaded the tracking number onto eBay/PayPal and thought all was going to go well. The package was estimated to arrive within the next 4 days, but after 2 days, the buyer had opened a case against me stating that he was scared I scammed him because the item had not arrived yet. I thought it was some sort of joke but after making sure I was logged into the correct eBay and PayPal page, it hit me that I was getting scammed. One thing I absolutely hate about eBay is how they always side with the buyer first. So to cover my ass, I hit up UPS to intercept the delivery and pay 20 bucks. I also contact eBay and PayPal regarding this issue and give them all the information I could, telling them the package is still in transit so obviously the buyer had not received it yet. They're like OH, we'll transfer you to x, he'll know what to do. I was transferred around 20 times before one of their "top managers" told me they couldn't do anything and had to wait till the package was delivered. Oh yeah, so by then you'll return his money AND he'll get the shoes. Well at least I had the UPS interception right? Turns out the message didn't get across, and the delivery guy dropped off the package WITHOUT getting signature confirmation. It took two more weeks of complaining to eBay before they finally decided to give back the money.

I almost got scammed on eBay too. Sold the a dipshit my old video card, which I knew worked 100% because I was using it till about a week before I sold it to him. He claimed that the card was defective and would not POST in his pc. Explained to him that I tested the card and I was packed properly so I know it was not damaged.. Gave me a bunch of BS run around and wanted a refund. I told him to send me the card back and of course he tried to give me more bs. At this point I told him to take it up with eBay.. So they had him ship the card back and refunded him the cash.. He still emailed me saying I'm a scammer.
So now the pack arrived at my house about a week and a half later. I then made a video of myself opening the box and installing the video card in one of my PCs.. Of course the card worked like a charm.. I sent him a link to the video and his reply was.......................FUCK YOU!

At this point I called eBay asking they refund me my listing fee and my return shipping fee since the card works. I got more run around and got bounced back and forth between like 10 people and numerous . Finally they said that they can no longer do anything because the case is now closed.. I'm like it's fucking closed because you guys kept taking your sweet as time with this..

I'm like fuck this shit I don't need the money but this in on principal now. So I called again and got transferred to some asshole overseas. Told him the story and that I have video evidence that the buyer lied.. He state that it didn't matter and he had no interest in looking at it.. This dude was suck a fucking moron that I went ballistic on his ass after he said, "well how do you know the card was not broken we he got it"........? I'm like "wtf did you just say??!! How the fuck can the card be broken when he got is and all of a sudden it works when I plug it back into my pc? Cause my mailman dabbles in electronics and fixes video cards on the side!!!! What kind of a fucking moronic statement was that. ".. Dude then asked why didn't I helped him to troubleshoot the card. I'm like are you fucking retarded do I look like tech support? Where the fuck in my posting did I say hit me up for tech questions?.. He still refused to give me a refund for the listing and the shipping.. I'm like of dude fuck you I'll call again when I'm driving home.

So I'm driving home and got about 20min to kill so I call again. At this point I was just gonna fuck with these assholes for about 20min. Got some cute sounding Asian chick in Cali.. Holy shit night and day difference.. Without a question she refunded me my return shipping cost and the listing fee. I was like wtf?? Long story short fuck eBay they are all about kissing the buyers ass.. I got lucky because this asshole could have sent me back a brick and they still would have taken his side..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #48
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
I'm currently trying to sell a car on craigslist. Of the 6 or 7 people that have contacted me, only one person was an actual real person with interest in buying the car. Unfortunately he was actually looking for a different car (MB diesel engine swap into a jeep).

One person wanted to send me a cashiers check, let it go through (which I guess they can still bounce after cashing it), then ship the car (he was wayyyyy to eager to buy a 30 year old car in so-so condition sight unseen and asked no questions).

Another contacted me for her boyfriend. She wanted me to email her boyfriend the description. I have no idea why he would have email access but couldn't look at a craigslist ad, other than to get my email address for some reason.

Both of these had out of state area codes on their numbers, not the best grammar, and contacted me at odd hours of the night. All big ass warnings.

I have a collection of fake cashier checks, every time I tried selling a big ticket item on craigslist I get the people who want to send me twice as much as I am asking and then want me to refund the difference. You should see the threats I get all the time when I do not return their money. They claim they are going to call the FBI, not sure why the FBI and not the local police but they seem to like throwing the FBI name around.

One time I really screwed with some guy for weeks, he kept using different phone number to text me, then finally send me a fake money order for a different amount I scanned it and photo shopped it to show a lesser amount than what I was selling the item for and text it back to him and told him I needed more money. This person was such an idiot he use his G/F name on the money order and the envelope had a Philly return address but a Brox post mark and I look the person name up and the Brox and found her and told him I was going to have his G/F arrested and the guy freaked out.

Last edited by Maestro; 12-08-2016 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 12:10 PM   #49
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
I have a collection of fake cashier checks, even time I tried selling a big ticket item on craigslist I get the people who want to send me twice as much as I am asking and then want me to refund the difference. You should see the threats I get all the time when I do not return their money. They claim they are going to call the FBI, not sure why the FBI and not the local police but they seem to like throwing the FBI name around.

One time I really screwed with some guy for weeks, he kept using different phone number to text me, then finally send me a fake money order for a different amount I scanned it and photo shopped it to show a lesser amount than what I was selling the item for and text it back to him and told him I needed more money. This person was such an idiot he use his G/F name on the money order and the envelope had a Philly return address but a Brox post mark and I look the person name up and the Brox and found her and told him I was going to have his G/F arrested and the guy freaked out.
LOL. Couldn't get creative enough to make up a name? Hilarious.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 10:43 PM   #50
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
I've had those guys call me....and I am the last person they wish they called. Had the number in ID and I called them back over and over again and fucked with them until they were about to cry. I literally called them back 20 times or so and would tell them how much I wanted to pay them and ran them in circles--arguing with them and so forth.

I told the guy to meet me and we could "settle it in a parking lot" and he got shy. Kept calling them and they knew they had called the wrong guy who was looking for trouble. Never got a call again. If you guys got problems, share the number with me and I will be more than happy to go many rounds with them.
the american red cross won't stop calling me about donating blood. can you drain some of theirs for me?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #51
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

i sold an old smartphone on ebay that i clearly listed as "for parts only." i got banned from selling forever when the buyer said the phone doesn't work.

i won an ebay listing for a 2013 yamaha r6 with 5,000 miles on it. lots of pictures and the condition looked great and it had carfax to go with it. if i recall correctly, i won it for $3,000 + $1,000 to deliver from KY. i paid immediately and a few weeks later i got the bike...... a fucking 1:18 diecast replica........ ahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 11:11 AM   #52
RatedEM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Question: Should I be petty and give y'all his phone number? LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #53
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingdownthestreet View Post
i sold an old smartphone on ebay that i clearly listed as "for parts only." i got banned from selling forever when the buyer said the phone doesn't work.

i won an ebay listing for a 2013 yamaha r6 with 5,000 miles on it. lots of pictures and the condition looked great and it had carfax to go with it. if i recall correctly, i won it for $3,000 + $1,000 to deliver from KY. i paid immediately and a few weeks later i got the bike...... a fucking 1:18 diecast replica........ ahahahaha
You cannot be serious...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 04:28 PM   #54
cruisingdownthestreet
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You cannot be serious...
oh i'm dead serious. being banned from selling ebay took away $2,000 of annual throwaway money.

and for the yamaha, i reported it to ebay so fast... i got my money back, listing pulled, and ebay filed it as fraudulent sale and hacked account.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 05:26 PM   #55
RatedEM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Just officially got my money back from paypal, here is the scammers phone number. Go to town boys. +1 (917) 268-3630
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 05:43 PM   #56
RatedEM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also if any of you guys ever get scammed, you can report the scammer to the postal police. Just google postal police and file a complaint against those low lives. If they're USA based they'll hopefully end up getting screwed by the Man.
Appreciate 0