BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-11-2011, 06:35 AM   #1
RP86
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 320i

Anyone Been to Japan

Finally my vacation has arrived and I shall be departing to Japan for two weeks. I shall be and and also taking while im over there. has anyone been to Japan and can give some insider tips. I have been doing a lot of research so far and just wanted to know if there were any other things to do or look out for. I'm a young single male trying to party, but also do some sightseeing. Oh yeah, I will be staying in Tokyo.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 06:42 AM   #2
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
sightseeing = Kyoto

enjoy
      01-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

Nomihodai
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

Kamakura, home of the Great Buddha.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

I have, In Call of Duty, seemed like a nice place
      01-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Just don't get that japanese pusssy...you don't know if the garden is trimmed.....might also smell like dirty stinky sushi.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 10:36 PM   #7
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

I've been to Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido, and just got back from Fukuoka. To be honest I found Osaka to be the most fun, nearly the same as Tokyo but with everything 5-10% cheaper. Since you are there for 2 weeks i would recommend taking a 2.5 hour bullet train ride to Osaka. Tokyo and Osaka are very tourist friendly with english in many areas. Should you come to a place with no english pointing at maps/what you want will usually suffice. People are typically very helpful and polite and may even go out of their way to guide you if they feel you are a lost soul. Tips are not accepted in Japan as it is their culture not to (had an old lady chase after us two city blocks just to give us the tip back).

As a previous poster said, pussies are rarely shaved and they make a lot of noise which is a turnoff for some.

Have fun and relax, maybe go to a hot spring or something up in the mountains. Unfortunately they no longer have the ones where both genders are naked together but it's relaxing regardless as long as you dont mind having naked guys walking around.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
shipill
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Macan S

damn I hate hair down there.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #9
Turbo>NA
xbox gamertag: HuGeBluEmOnKeY
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M-Sport LCI

PM PERSIAn54

E92 335i alpine white | black dokota | auto | zpp | zsp | heated | iPod
- ltbmw : vorsteiner : linea corsa : h&r : k&n : e92-lighting : expectalot-vinyl -
--GONE--
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 06:01 AM   #10
RP86
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun6slinger9 View Post
I've been to Tokyo, Osaka, Hokkaido, and just got back from Fukuoka. To be honest I found Osaka to be the most fun, nearly the same as Tokyo but with everything 5-10% cheaper. Since you are there for 2 weeks i would recommend taking a 2.5 hour bullet train ride to Osaka. Tokyo and Osaka are very tourist friendly with english in many areas. Should you come to a place with no english pointing at maps/what you want will usually suffice. People are typically very helpful and polite and may even go out of their way to guide you if they feel you are a lost soul. Tips are not accepted in Japan as it is their culture not to (had an old lady chase after us two city blocks just to give us the tip back).

As a previous poster said, pussies are rarely shaved and they make a lot of noise which is a turnoff for some.

Have fun and relax, maybe go to a hot spring or something up in the mountains. Unfortunately they no longer have the ones where both genders are naked together but it's relaxing regardless as long as you dont mind having naked guys walking around.

I appreciate all the tips guys. I'm staying in Tokyo one week and then Osaka the next. Lol! ya I know about the hairy story but if you arer going through what I'm going through right now i guess u can say u open your boundaries a little bit. I'm def gonna try the all you can drink thing that someone had posted earlier and def gonna go sightseeing in Kyoto, Disneyland, Aquarium, and the Zoo. I got a JR pass, which is like a unlimited train pass so I should be good and I'm taking a little over 2500 to spend. I think I'm gonna pass on the hot spring but a nice massage will suffice.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #11
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP86 View Post
I appreciate all the tips guys. I'm staying in Tokyo one week and then Osaka the next. Lol! ya I know about the hairy story but if you arer going through what I'm going through right now i guess u can say u open your boundaries a little bit. I'm def gonna try the all you can drink thing that someone had posted earlier and def gonna go sightseeing in Kyoto, Disneyland, Aquarium, and the Zoo. I got a JR pass, which is like a unlimited train pass so I should be good and I'm taking a little over 2500 to spend. I think I'm gonna pass on the hot spring but a nice massage will suffice.
Tokyo is so expensive... Nomihodai is the shit. 2500 should last you 15 minutes if you aren't extremely careful.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 08:49 AM   #12
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

japan is my favorite country on earth, so far. $2500 can be done...i did a week @ $1000 when i was in college. it was spring break so i pretty much drank my way across roppongi and shinjuku. i went back a couple years later and went to kyoto. it was beautiful! i'm looking to cash in air miles sometime soon and get a RT f/c award back there for 3 weeks at least and see the rest of the country i haven't seen.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #13
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
japan is my favorite country on earth, so far. $2500 can be done...i did a week @ $1000 when i was in college. it was spring break so i pretty much drank my way across roppongi and shinjuku. i went back a couple years later and went to kyoto. it was beautiful! i'm looking to cash in air miles sometime soon and get a RT f/c award back there for 3 weeks at least and see the rest of the country i haven't seen.
I really loved Hakone and going to Mt. Fuji. It's a huge pita but making that climb early in the morning and seeing the sun rise at the summit of Mt. Fuji is pretty spectacular. The mountain roads up there are gnarly and you can certainly understand how Japan is the birthplace of organized drifting.

Roppongi is hilarious. It took me days to get over how some of the girls dressed. The people I met there were all pretty tall and it was funny getting stared at everywhere we went. I don't know how tall the OP is, but when you take your first ride on the JR line pay attention to how high the hook is that you would normally use to steady yourself. It was like chest high, from what I remember.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
RP86
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Tokyo is so expensive... Nomihodai is the shit. 2500 should last you 15 minutes if you aren't extremely careful.
Why is that??

The 2500 is after I paid for my hotel. In total I will have about 5k. I figured about 2k in hotel, which I know I can get lower but I'm putting at most just in case...

50 bucks a day on food - I will spend a little here and there on a big meal maybe
500 bucks on nightlife - clubs, drinks in clubs, just all club money basically
500-600 tattoo - yeah I wanna get one there so don't hate
and then the rest on just misc. stuff like Disneyland, the zoo, aquarium, etc..

I already checked on the parlor's and they charge about 150 an hour ouch!!! but I earned my vacation and I put myself on a budget
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #15
RP86
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Well when you were not drinking your away across, how were the ladies?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #16
RP86
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I really loved Hakone and going to Mt. Fuji. It's a huge pita but making that climb early in the morning and seeing the sun rise at the summit of Mt. Fuji is pretty spectacular. The mountain roads up there are gnarly and you can certainly understand how Japan is the birthplace of organized drifting.

Roppongi is hilarious. It took me days to get over how some of the girls dressed. The people I met there were all pretty tall and it was funny getting stared at everywhere we went. I don't know how tall the OP is, but when you take your first ride on the JR line pay attention to how high the hook is that you would normally use to steady yourself. It was like chest high, from what I remember.
hahah I already know I'm gonna get looks. I'm 6'3 230 and black.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Why is that??

The 2500 is after I paid for my hotel. In total I will have about 5k. I figured about 2k in hotel, which I know I can get lower but I'm putting at most just in case...

50 bucks a day on food - I will spend a little here and there on a big meal maybe
500 bucks on nightlife - clubs, drinks in clubs, just all club money basically
500-600 tattoo - yeah I wanna get one there so don't hate
and then the rest on just misc. stuff like Disneyland, the zoo, aquarium, etc..

I already checked on the parlor's and they charge about 150 an hour ouch!!! but I earned my vacation and I put myself on a budget

Tokyo Disney is mad expensive. $50.00 per day on food is gonna take some serious budgeting. 500 for a weeks worth of nightlife is good. Just find the nomihodai. I remember spending like $20-25 for like 2 1/2 hours all you can drink. There are lots of lil chains that do them. They also do Tabehodai (all you can eat). Tends to be real expensive though. Shabu Shabu is must! Okonomoyaki too. And of course noodle shops. I don't know if you eat sushi but Kaiten Sushi is fun... but expensive.

Quote:
hahah I already know I'm gonna get looks. I'm 6'3 230 and black.
You will be fine. Believe it or not japanese girls love big black guys. Don't take this the wrong way. While I was there I saw a TON of black guys with beautiful japanese women everywhere I went. Even some that started families in Japan.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
"..too beaucoup too beaucoup...."
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #19
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Tokyo Disney is mad expensive. $50.00 per day on food is gonna take some serious budgeting. 500 for a weeks worth of nightlife is good. Just find the nomihodai. I remember spending like $20-25 for like 2 1/2 hours all you can drink. There are lots of lil chains that do them. They also do Tabehodai (all you can eat). Tends to be real expensive though. Shabu Shabu is must! Okonomoyaki too. And of course noodle shops. I don't know if you eat sushi but Kaiten Sushi is fun... but expensive.

You will be fine. Believe it or not japanese girls love big black guys. Don't take this the wrong way. While I was there I saw a TON of black guys with beautiful japanese women everywhere I went. Even some that started families in Japan.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #20
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

With the yen as high as it is now $2500 will let you see the culture and landscape but would not be as comfortable as I would like. My girlfriend and I spent over $800CAD in 4 days on food alone (we are foodies), this was in Fukuoka and Tokyo will be much much more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #21
RP86
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah I heard about some of them loving black guys...what was the "too beaucup" about joonsup??

and to answer the guy above me there is no way I'm spending hella money on food the hotel I plan on staying in has a buffet so I'm going use that to my full advantage.

Ive been doing a lot of research and talking to a couple of people over there and most of them say the I should be good with the amount I have if not over.

Last edited by RP86; 01-12-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #22
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Hey we have 2 black guys now, so Lopaelle isnt lonely