BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

04-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #1
Bmwfl535xi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 535xi

Fault codes after fuel pump replacement

Was up guys! New to the site hoping to get some help. Getting into doing a lot of work on my own bmw. So here is my issue. I had a p0174 code come up on my vehicle. I had a mechanic check it out and he said it was the fuel pump. I went ahead changed fuel pump and filter. After install my fuel gauge read empty I didn't change the fuel level sensor on filter. Went ahead ordered it and installed it. Everything good for about 5 minutes. Then car shuts off. I'm like wtf. Go back and check the filter to see if something went wrong. The quick connect from pump to filter popped off. I put it back on drove to Walmart and car died. Thank god I left tools in car and again quick connect popped off. Fixed it at Walmart. Finally got it to stick. Check engine light cleared and I'm happy. Now this morning a few days later check engine light comes back on. Went to auto zone and these are the codes that came up. P0174, p0463, and p2068. It says the last 2 are fuel level sensor a and b circuit to high. I tried googling but nothing concrete came up. Car is driving better but I'm lost right now. Thx for any help you guys can provide.
2009 535xi
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
astromind30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I

Hey man, I am having the same faults codes p0174 and p0171 bank lean 1 and 2 plus misfire in cylinder 3. I believe fuel injector and hpfp? What was your car doing to decide the hpfp needed to be replaced?
Appreciate 0