BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Why street racing is bloody stupid

Because chance are you'll hurt someone who doesn't doesn't deserve it.

http://www.canada.com/search/story.h...5-a1a0ab3c45f4

Street racing incident ends in injury
Edmonton Journal
October 3, 2005

Around 8:30 p.m. Sunday, witnesses observed two or three cars racing at excessive speeds northbound on 99th Street, from the Argyll Road area, Edmonton Police Service said today.

The cars were weaving in and out of traffic. Near 72nd Avenue, one of the vehicles – a Mazda MX6 – changed lanes from the inside to the outside lane and hit the rear of a Chevrolet Cavalier being driven by a 65-year-old female. Her vehicle careened eastward, hitting two fences and a light standard. The woman was trapped inside the vehicle and had to be removed with the jaws of life.

She was taken to hospital with serious injuries, where she remains in stable condition. The 24-year-old male driver of the Mazda was not injured.

Dwayne Murphy, 24, has been charged with dangerous operation causing bodily harm.

Police are looking for witnesses who may have seen the other vehicles that were allegedly involved. Anyone with information can contact EPS by calling 423-4567.

jmacdonald@thejournal.canwest.com

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 01:43 AM   #2
romeo26
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e30 325 (no lette)

dumb a$$ed street racers. get a life, or take it to the track. i think dwayne murphy should also be charged as attempeted man slaughter, he knows he is going that speed and knows the risk involved so to me thats attempted man slaughter.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

The man who died was a father of two kids, aged 6 and 10. His brother had also died in a car crash....the loser who hit him was racing, and he barely got scratched up.

<<Man, 35, dies in crash as car crosses median
A 35-year-old man was killed and another driver was slightly injured Thursday night in a head-on collision in St. Jean, 40 kilometres southeast of Montreal. Around 10:30, a Hyundai Tiburon travelling south on Highway 35 crossed the median and struck an oncoming Jeep. The driver of the Jeep died of his injuries. An investigation will determine whether the driver of the Tiburon was involved in a drag race at the time, police said. >>>

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2005, 09:10 PM   #4
Choon
Boost Me!
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

there is a reason for having drag strips!

why risk your life and someone elses life?