BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #1915
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
You're probably right, was just interested more than anything.

Walnut blasting seems to one of those nice things to have done, but unless you're actually having issues because of it, you can always put it off for a bit.
That's basically been my plan, i'll wait until 50K or until issues arise, as of now (knocks on wood) the car is running strong at 44K. At 50 I’ll be doing walnut, tranny flush, oil, possible OFHG, plugs, and M3 control arms. I want to run meth for the summer but my dreams of retaining CPO still exist, and I’m too lazy to be pulling lines every time I need to take the car in. It’ll be hard enough getting work done with downpipes.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #1916
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Walnut blasting seems to one of those nice things to have done, but unless you're actually having issues because of it, you can always put it off for a bit.
I won't really say I'm having problems...but when I give it gas and carry it to about 5k rpms, it just seems like it's lagging and at a loss of power. Feel like the carbon build up might be part of the problem....

At 40k miles right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
That's badass, we're all expecting photos for dayz
Oh there will be pictures!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #1917
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I had a blasting done at 70K. It was well worth the money
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:48 AM   #1918
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
That's basically been my plan, i'll wait until 50K or until issues arise, as of now (knocks on wood) the car is running strong at 44K. At 50 I’ll be doing walnut, tranny flush, oil, possible OFHG, plugs, and M3 control arms. I want to run meth for the summer but my dreams of retaining CPO still exist, and I’m too lazy to be pulling lines every time I need to take the car in. It’ll be hard enough getting work done with downpipes.
I had it done around 40k, but a lot of that had to do with problems that existed and trying to rule things out. In the end, I'm glad I did it, but don't know that the difference was enough to justify the cost at the time.

I gave up on trying to take everything out ever time I go in. I know all the techs, and just schedule straight through them when they have time for any kind of minor warranty work. My SA just always wants to know what else I have done since the last time I was there. Getting everybody a little something around the holidays has really paid off for me since I never get bothered about things anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
I won't really say I'm having problems...but when I give it gas and carry it to about 5k rpms, it just seems like it's lagging and at a loss of power. Feel like the carbon build up might be part of the problem....

At 40k miles right now

Oh there will be pictures!
I'm not saying that it isn't a problem, just may be something that if the money isn't there, can wait a little bit. I know when I had mine done, there was a difference, but I'm not sure how much of that was the placebo effect going on as well because of what I was expecting.

I'm looking forward to seeing how that intercooler turns out, will certainly be interesting to see what you think of it when it's all wrapped up.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #1919
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

I heard a light clicking sound from the driver side front tire this morning, it sounded exactly like something was protruding from the tire and making noise each time it hit the pavement. I gave a 20 second check when I pulled into the garage and didn’t see anything, but I’ll look more when I leave the office. If my tire has another nail in it, I’ll be pissed. That would be 4 nails in under a calendar year. FWIW the car drove totally fine, and I didn’t notice any loss of air pressure during my expert 20 second tire check.

I suppose I could use that as a pre-emptive excuse for Arc 8s with 265 in the back though, my car just looks dumb with OE wheels right now.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #1920
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

soooooooo hows everyone doing
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #1921
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

A pipe burst in the cafeteria

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #1922
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Boss is in Vegas for 2 days, think I might go shooting everyday lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/345zpfa. jpg[/ IMG]
oh shit!!!!!

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #1923
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

That is some sort of pipe burst. Yikes.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #1924
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

MASTERS! Lawd I hope Tiger wins, I’ve had enough of people hating on him. His game looks extremely sharp and he’s putting as well as I’ve seen since ’07. Generally speaking, when he putts, he wins.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #1925
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
MASTERS! Lawd I hope Tiger wins, I’ve had enough of people hating on him. His game looks extremely sharp and he’s putting as well as I’ve seen since ’07. Generally speaking, when he putts, he wins.
I'm hoping he can win so I can quit hearing the "Is he back?" bullshit. Once he gets the long game completely in order, there shouldn't be an issue now that Steve has helped make that putting stroke almost perfect.

This just means I'm not overly productive for the next 2 days since I'm far more interested in the Masters than anything that is actually productive. Hope my customers don't mind too much...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #1926
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm hoping he can win so I can quit hearing the "Is he back?" bullshit. Once he gets the long game completely in order, there shouldn't be an issue now that Steve has helped make that putting stroke almost perfect.

This just means I'm not overly productive for the next 2 days since I'm far more interested in the Masters than anything that is actually productive. Hope my customers don't mind too much...
It appears that he’s more or less eliminated the two way miss of the tee, under pressure last year he developed a nasty habit of smother hooks, I’m assuming due to tension. He still has that off the planet push every now and then, but TBH as long as he keeps it in play he should be fine. Augusta is not a course that takes kindly to big misses though, so he’ll have to be sharp. I expect him to be. Love how his wedge game has returned as well, he was so average inside of 150 the last few seasons, it put a ton of pressure on his putting. Agreed on the “is he back” BS, it’s nonsense. I’m pretty confident it will be a long time before we see someone play golf like he did from 99-02, what he did at that U.S. Open will never be repeated. Complete mastery of an extraordinarily difficult sport/game.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #1927
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
soooooooo hows everyone doing
Still alive so I guess that's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post

Office pool party!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #1928
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
It appears that he’s more or less eliminated the two way miss of the tee, under pressure last year he developed a nasty habit of smother hooks, I’m assuming due to tension. He still has that off the planet push every now and then, but TBH as long as he keeps it in play he should be fine. Augusta is not a course that takes kindly to big misses though, so he’ll have to be sharp. I expect him to be. Love how his wedge game has returned as well, he was so average inside of 150 the last few seasons, it put a ton of pressure on his putting. Agreed on the “is he back” BS, it’s nonsense. I’m pretty confident it will be a long time before we see someone play golf like he did from 99-02, what he did at that U.S. Open will never be repeated. Complete mastery of an extraordinarily difficult sport/game.
I agree, but because he has eliminated that side of his game, certain holes may be harder/longer for him than they will be for somebody that can work the ball consistently both directions. As the long game has become better and better, he has been able to focus on the short game more and more. I agree, Tiger being mediocre from inside 150 was just odd, and it's nice to see that part back to where it was, more or less.

I have to root for Stricks as well, given that I golf with him from time to time and him staying loyal to my current place of residence. If either him or Tiger win, I'll be more than happy.

Ever been able to go?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #1929
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree, but because he has eliminated that side of his game, certain holes may be harder/longer for him than they will be for somebody that can work the ball consistently both directions. As the long game has become better and better, he has been able to focus on the short game more and more. I agree, Tiger being mediocre from inside 150 was just odd, and it's nice to see that part back to where it was, more or less.

I have to root for Stricks as well, given that I golf with him from time to time and him staying loyal to my current place of residence. If either him or Tiger win, I'll be more than happy.

Ever been able to go?
Missed it by thisssss much, a client of ours offered tickets but my schedule wouldn’t allow for it. I was able to make it to congressional since it’s in my neck of the woods, GA requires significant planning. Yourself?

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #1930
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Missed it by thisssss much, a client of ours offered tickets but my schedule wouldn’t allow for it. I was able to make it to congressional since it’s in my neck of the woods, GA requires significant planning. Yourself?
Went for the week in 2011. It was much like being at the Ryder cup at Medinah, a fantastic experience, but don't know that I would want to go back with regularity. The experience was amazing, would highly recommend it, but just too many people all trying to see too few things since everybody tries to follow the bigger names. I found myself walking the course and seeing everything earlier in the week during the practice rounds, and then just posting up on Amen Corner during the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #1931
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Went for the week in 2011. It was much like being at the Ryder cup at Medinah, a fantastic experience, but don't know that I would want to go back with regularity. The experience was amazing, would highly recommend it, but just too many people all trying to see too few things since everybody tries to follow the bigger names. I found myself walking the course and seeing everything earlier in the week during the practice rounds, and then just posting up on Amen Corner during the week.
That more or less mirrors what I’ve heard from others who have attended-very much so worth doing once-unsure if it’s worth it to make it an annual trip. Amen Corner is not the worst place in the world to find yourself on a mid April day in Georgia though. I wasn’t able to watch a single minute of coverage yesterday due to work, bummer. I gotta think Sergio falls back to the rest of the pack today, but from what I read it sounded like the course was pretty tame. I’m sure it’ll dry out over the weekend and put a hurting on people come Sunday.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #1932
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

So damn hard to work on a Friday!

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #1933
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
That more or less mirrors what I’ve heard from others who have attended-very much so worth doing once-unsure if it’s worth it to make it an annual trip. Amen Corner is not the worst place in the world to find yourself on a mid April day in Georgia though. I wasn’t able to watch a single minute of coverage yesterday due to work, bummer. I gotta think Sergio falls back to the rest of the pack today, but from what I read it sounded like the course was pretty tame. I’m sure it’ll dry out over the weekend and put a hurting on people come Sunday.
Yep, I try to get to the BMW so long as it is near by since I can take customers and get treated like royalty but other than that, I watch from the comfort of home. The free tickets don't hurt to get me to the BMW either

Course was very tame, haven't seen it play that easy for some time. There was talk of thunderstorms in the afternoon, which is when most of the guys put up their numbers. I wouldn't be too surprised to see the guys that went low yesterday, except Dustin Johnson, come back to the field or the field go to them. Some of the pins were in locations that are normally a Friday or Saturday position yesterday so it was kind of interesting to see. I will be interested in seeing how that effects placements today and tomorrow. I blocked off my afternoon to sit at home with a few of the guys from my club to watch, have some drinks and grill some meat. I can't complain after the week of rain we have had.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 11:13 AM   #1934
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
So damn hard to work on a Friday!
I basically had nothing to do, just some quick running around. Now about to get a quick workout done so I can get started early!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #1935
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angerman View Post
I basically had nothing to do, just some quick running around. Now about to get a quick workout done so I can get started early!
lol nice! Its pretty busy here, we are building a bunch of SSRS reports while learning SSAS WITH Friday in mind hah. Not working out too well.

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #1936
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

just filed my taxes.. need a stiff drink now
Appreciate 0