BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Do you tip?
I HAVE worked in the service industry and DO tip 13 34.21%
I HAVE worked in the service industry and DON'T tip 0 0%
I HAVEN'T worked in the service industry and DO trip 23 60.53%
I HAVEN'T worked in the service industry and DON'T tip 2 5.26%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

12-21-2005, 01:35 AM   #23
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

Isn't the bus like $2.00 each trip? Pluis.. it's slow and takes the long way around everything... anddd perverted old men take the bus.

No thank you.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 01:39 AM   #24
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
Isn't the bus like $2.00 each trip? Pluis.. it's slow and takes the long way around everything... anddd perverted old men take the bus.

No thank you.
I thought it was like $.50.

You're such a little kid!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #25
saalim
Non Resident
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Why not? I mean, a tip is like extra for them because they went beyond and above. A tip is like sayhing, HEY THANKS for being so great! If they sucked why should they get a tip?
I will tell you why not: I just make it a habit not to piss off people that have control over my food! If the service was really bad and I make a big deal out of it, then I make sure I dont go back to there again.

2006 325i | 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic/Terra Leather/Burl Walnut | ZPP/ZCW | Premium Sound/Navigation/Xenon/PDC/Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 10:40 AM   #26
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saalim
I will tell you why not: I just make it a habit not to piss off people that have control over my food! If the service was really bad and I make a big deal out of it, then I make sure I dont go back to there again.
Haha have you seen the movie "waiting" ??

And if you're not going back there again, whydoyou need to tip? I'm not going to tip someone who did a lousy job, plain and simple. If my waiter just sucked, im nto going to leave a tip and I'm not going to come back. Tips are for those who were good servers and made my time there a good one-- not for those who didn't do a good job.

OH, waiters who are asthetically pleasing to teh eye also get bigger tips. ;D
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2005, 10:44 AM   #27
saalim
Non Resident
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
OH, waiters who are asthetically pleasing to teh eye also get bigger tips. ;D
Same here: bigger = bigger tips!

2006 325i | 6MT | Black Sapphire Metallic/Terra Leather/Burl Walnut | ZPP/ZCW | Premium Sound/Navigation/Xenon/PDC/Satellite Radio
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 01:58 AM   #28
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
I never tip below 15%, even if the service sucked! If the service was good, I usually tip 20%+.
I dont understand that logic. The few friends that had worked as waiters say to always tip, but I tip on par to the service performed.

I look at tip as something that is earned in accordance to the service performed rather than something required otherwse I get a stare on my way out.

If you suck at your job, you're boss will tell you. If you're a waiter and you are constantly getting bad to no tip, then I'd re-evaluate your work ethic.

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #29
saalim
Non Resident
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
I dont understand that logic. The few friends that had worked as waiters say to always tip, but I tip on par to the service performed.

I look at tip as something that is earned in accordance to the service performed rather than something required otherwse I get a stare on my way out.

If you suck at your job, you're boss will tell you. If you're a waiter and you are constantly getting bad to no tip, then I'd re-evaluate your work ethic.
Logic = I dont want anyone messin with my food.

If its a place I go to regularly and if its an isolated fuck-up, then I dont mind....shit happens sometimes. On the other hand, if it happens all the time, I would let them know about it [also wont leave much of a tip] and not go there again. I know it sounds a bit paranoid/stupid, but these ppl have control over my food. Just think about all the stuff a pissed off waiter can do to your food..

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 03:17 PM   #30
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
Logic = I dont want anyone messin with my food.

If its a place I go to regularly and if its an isolated fuck-up, then I dont mind....shit happens sometimes. On the other hand, if it happens all the time, I would let them know about it [also wont leave much of a tip] and not go there again. I know it sounds a bit paranoid/stupid, but these ppl have control over my food. Just think about all the stuff a pissed off waiter can do to your food..

I'm always thoughtful enough to think about that. Thats why I never make a big deal or complain until AFTER I have gotten/eaten my food. I have heard more than enough stories from waiter/waitresses to know better than to piss them off before my food is out.

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2005, 03:18 PM   #31
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
I'm always thoughtful enough to think about that. Thats why I never make a big deal or complain until AFTER I have gotten/eaten my food. I have heard more than enough stories from waiter/waitresses to know better than to piss them off before my food is out.

ya im always nice! but if i dont like them i just dont leave a tip.. last time.. i was at the cheesecake factory and our wiater was like telling us his life story and im liek thinking.. DUDE gimme my effin food. i dont wana hear about how your insurance expired at midnight and u called the insurance ocmpany at 12:01. get out of my faceee.
Appreciate 0