BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Closed Thread

10-31-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Verstappen and Red Bull Racing boycott Sky Sports for disrespect

Here is the latest episode of disrespect by the British Sky Sports journalist Ted Kravitz.

Here is Max’s explanation.

Are the Brits being sore losers? Or is Max being overly sensitive to sensationalist media reporting?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 01:58 PM   #2
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Both Lazenby and Kravitz are insufferable cunts. Good on Max and RB.
Appreciate 7
EdM54034.50
chenry2354.50
AlexFL7834.00
M5Rick59562.00
      10-31-2022, 02:59 PM   #3
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Really really disappointed that they have said not speaking on sky was only going to last one race!

Why, because the vacuous windbags that they are, are required to speak to sky as part of the latest concord agreement so all of this is just a distraction PR tactic to distract from cheating and not have to face questions directly.

Don't want to escalate the cheating ABA, find a reason not to speak, even if Perez did do a piece on Sky.....!!
Appreciate 2
3798j11310.00
shadowfax1289.00
      10-31-2022, 03:26 PM   #4
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

So saying he beat HAM because HAM was robbed is “disrespecting him”. Hahah precious
So, if anyone has a different take on WHY VER won last year other than “because VER is the GOAT”, they’re disrespecting VER.

That’s too much. This is why this guy is so hated by most who aren’t his fanboys…
Appreciate 4
minn1914012.00
b4hand661.00
shadowfax1289.00
      10-31-2022, 04:43 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
So saying he beat HAM because HAM was robbed is “disrespecting him”. Hahah precious
So, if anyone has a different take on WHY VER won last year other than “because VER is the GOAT”, they’re disrespecting VER.

That’s too much. This is why this guy is so hated by most who aren’t his fanboys…
HAM disappeared the whole winter and HAM refused to speak with his team boss Toto Wolff ..

Do you know why ?

Because HAM knew that he was robbed by Wolff's decision to "NOT TO PIT FOR NEW TIRES" !
Wolff : We would have lost position (P1) !!!

A quick reminder ...
But actually HAM said :
Ohhh...F@ck man ,is he (MAX) right behind me ?
And with new tires ?
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59562.00
DrFerry6725.50
      10-31-2022, 07:08 PM   #6
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:

Pass the crack pipe
Appreciate 5
EdM54034.50
GuidoK10625.00
M5Rick59562.00
      10-31-2022, 07:52 PM   #7
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
HAM disappeared the whole winter and HAM refused to speak with his team boss Toto Wolff ..

Do you know why ?

Because HAM knew that he was robbed by Wolff's decision to "NOT TO PIT FOR NEW TIRES" !
Wolff : We would have lost position (P1) !!!

A quick reminder ...
But actually HAM said :
Ohhh...F@ck man ,is he (MAX) right behind me ?
And with new tires ?
I agree with your opinion, it was a bad call (maybe their defense is that the call was made under the guise of the current understanding, that cars would not be allowed to unlap themselves).

By saying that, though, you are disrespecting Max. I thought you were his fan, why are you disrespecting him?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 07:53 PM   #8
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post

Pass the crack pipe
Sorry, I truly don’t understand if this is intended for me.
Which part of my post are you replying to?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 07:57 PM   #9
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Ted Kravitz is worthless...Max should keep on ignoring him.
Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59562.00
      10-31-2022, 08:43 PM   #10
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

This Christmas ad should tell you all you need to know.

Tf were they thinking

Appreciate 6
AlexFL7834.00
NYG10579.50
phoenx332.50
M5Rick59562.00
      10-31-2022, 08:56 PM   #11
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post

Tf were they thinking

Wow, this is disgusting.
Appreciate 7
NYG10579.50
chris7197331.50
EdM54034.50
phoenx332.50
M5Rick59562.00
      10-31-2022, 09:55 PM   #12
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I was just at USGP, the place was packed and Max had a lot of people cheering for him(not all "fanboys"). Didn't witness any hate towards him, he wasn't booed like Lewis in Mexico.

Lewis isn't even the most popular driver at his home race. Lando out sold Lewis merchandise at Silverstone.

I have never liked RB, I do not consider myself a Max fan. But I don't hate the kid. I really don't see how anyone could. Only people that have animosity towards him is Lewis fans that are still pissed about 2021 finale. All Max really does is drive his car, he does not do all the other hollywood off track BS. The kid felt disrespected by Ted, he has every right to have those feelings. Just like Ted has every right to think Lewis was robbed. I do agree with Max though, at some point you just have to move on(the British media is having trouble with that).

Last edited by M3WC; 10-31-2022 at 10:15 PM..
Appreciate 9
NYG10579.50
________4158.50
OG Shark4685.50
minn1914012.00
EdM54034.50
Humdizzle6036.00
M5Rick59562.00
      10-31-2022, 11:35 PM   #13
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
I was just at USGP, the place was packed and Max had a lot of people cheering for him(not all "fanboys"). Didn't witness any hate towards him, he wasn't booed like Lewis in Mexico.

Lewis isn't even the most popular driver at his home race. Lando out sold Lewis merchandise at Silverstone.

I have never liked RB, I do not consider myself a Max fan. But I don't hate the kid. I really don't see how anyone could. Only people that have animosity towards him is Lewis fans that are still pissed about 2021 finale. All Max really does is drive his car, he does not do all the other hollywood off track BS. The kid felt disrespected by Ted, he has every right to have those feelings. Just like Ted has every right to think Lewis was robbed. I do agree with Max though, at some point you just have to move on(the British media is having trouble with that).
I too agree you have to move on and let go last year.

I’m referring to all times (including last race where his crew made a mistake and he replied to “we have a lot of work to do” with “you don’t have to tell me” and had to be told to keep his head down and do his thing) where he’s been a prima donna, he berates his team when things don’t go well, he went fighting with a driver, told reporters he was about to “head-butt” someone, and now claiming anyone who doesn’t believe he won because of his own merits is disrespecting him.

His dad forged a great driver. But also an asshole. I guess one comes with the other, look at Checo and Barrichello. Great drivers, but better people than drivers…

It’s true many people like VER, he was an underdog last year, don’t forget that. When he’s 7 time WDC (and he might, he’s skilled), a young one will come and that one will be cheered by the crowd. Lando is young, I’m not surprised he is also liked.

I feel bad for VER. His upbringing is said to have been tough. Again, accomplished a great feat. But I think as a person he lacks. Don’t think he’s evil. Just think he’s too spoiled: I mean, who else would be offended if someone thinks you may not have been 100% responsible for your win?

And he wasn’t. Even the Belgian of this forum agrees VER won because Mercedes made a mistake. Not just because of that, obviously, he had more points, was doing super well. But it took that little “extra something”… he was behind. If it wasn’t for the idiotic Canadian, no yellow flag, history would’ve been different. Right? So it was a toss-up.

I too think the guy with the microphone talking BS is a douche canoe.
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
      11-01-2022, 02:33 AM   #14
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post

Tf were they thinking

Robbed this, robbed that... Deserved this, deserved that... Actually, from hindsight, the only F1 driver who was truly repeatedly 'robbed' of WDC points in 2021, was Valtteri Bottas. By his own team. To 'donate' those to his team mate Hamilton in distress for WDC points to attempt to stop an unstoppable force. And still all of that WDC points 'hustling' was insufficient for securing the 2021 WDC.

No matter the zillion interpretations of the Silverstone 2021 crash and its aftermath, IMHO that race was pivotal for many years to come: Verstappen will never forget the liberties taken by Hamilton and Mercedes at Silverstone 2021 at his expense (and that's more than about the crash itself). Very likely, from Verstappen's perspective, it's some kind of collosal moral debt that will take Mercedes years to settle. Unfinished business.

Rumor has it that, because of what happened at Silverstone 2021, Verstappen has decided, as a matter of principle, to never join Mercedes (or, likely, at least as long as Toto Wolff is in charge of Mercedes F1). There was the rumor that, back in Spring 2021, Wolff has tried to sign Verstappen for Mercedes, but no deal materialized. The Verstappen negotiations must have frustrated Hamilton as it delayed his negotiations for a potential new contract at Mercedes later than ever before, including the risk of Verstappen taking his seat. Wolff and Verstappen used to have a good relationship. But at Silverstone 2021, those days irreversibly ended. There must have been some teeth-gnashing at camp Mercedes when Verstappen won the very first 'Sprint' race ever, on Saturday. Verstappen was given laurels and, together with Hamilton and Bottas, paraded on an open truck for interviews before Hamilton's home crowd. Tense atmosphere - Hamilton was supposed to be wearing those laurels at his home track. The next day Verstappen was sent with brute force into the barriers by Hamilton already in the first lap before that same crowd. A part of them cheered as Schadenfreude. Mercedes fixed Hamilton's damaged car under the red flag. Mercedes gave team orders to Bottas to invert track positions (listen here) to ensure - as happened several times before - that Hamilton, rather than Bottas, would win the race and get the 25 race-win points (improving his 2021 WDC chances and further boosting his race-win statistics in F1 history books). Hamilton did a victory lap with the Union Jack and also waved it during a quick walk to the grand stands. Subsequently an euphoric victory speech. In a hospital bed many miles away from track, feelings of indignation ruled and something snapped at camp Verstappen.

Verstappen's determination to send Hamilton and Mercedes home without winning even 1 single race out of 20 this season so far or of even winning one of both 'Sprint' events so far, could be a testament of this. As he proved to be capable of 'annihilating' Hamilton and Mercedes on track, he *is* now their worst nightmare, hurting them where it hurts them the most: on track, on the race podiums, in the race standings, in their wallets and in the F1 history books.

Let that sink in for a moment.

July 17, 2021 - Silverstone - First ever 'Sprint' event:
Name:  Silverstone_VER_17July21.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  252.5 KB
Name:  Silverstone_2021_2.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  253.3 KB
Name:  Silverstone_2021_3.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  277.6 KB
Name:  Silverstone_2021_4.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  504.0 KB
NYG10579.50
EdM54034.50
M5Rick59562.00
      11-01-2022, 04:50 AM   #15
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

This tweet below pretty much says it all. Red Bull used to be the fun team, didn't take itself massively seriously and you enjoyed watching them the music in the pits, stunts and all sorts. But then you have Merc with all the tech insights and McLaren looking far cooler these days with Lando.

Name:  Image 01-11-2022 at 09.44.png
Views: 764
Size:  336.6 KB

But for Red Bull now its all cheating, saltiness towards the sport and just about everyone else across the pitfall. And whilst some fans and forums like this don't care about that, the sport and more importantly the sponsors do. Yes their future is secured, but do they have that fun dazzle anymore absolutely not.

Red Bull is loosing its coolness factor and the next time they start to throw toys and threaten leaving the sport or engine freezes, I can guarantee that the rest of the paddock is going to point and laugh at them next time. All is very much not rosy for the team despite the on track performance.
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
minn1914012.00
shadowfax1289.00
      11-01-2022, 07:21 AM   #16
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Reading all this, man has F1 fallen far. Rather glad I only watched one race this year, this sport needs help.

Was really hoping a year off the sport would be a good break, but salt and drama is still going strong between the teams and drivers. The UK news was always heavy biased towards the British drivers, but this is a little beyond professionalism in media. Yeah, 2021 didn't end on the best note, get over it.

After Bernie leaving the sport and new management coming in, there was a chance things would get better, but it seems not. The top teams still complain constantly over everything, and have too much power over the smaller teams, they're all so entitled. If it wasn't for the money Mercedes, Ferrari, and RedBull bring it, the sport would be better without them. At least for a few years.

Agreed with the post above, RedBull used to be a fun team in the VET/WEB days.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 07:45 AM   #17
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
Red Bull is loosing its coolness factor and the next time they start to throw toys and threaten leaving the sport or engine freezes, I can guarantee that the rest of the paddock is going to point and laugh at them next time. All is very much not rosy for the team despite the on track performance.
Have you noticed that F1 is/was cool fun for Mercedes and a lot of hardcore Hamilton fans and most British press as long as Hamilton kept winning ? Once a raw talent like Verstappen was facilitated to shine his true colors with a competitive F1 car and to become a real threat to 'dethrone' Hamilton, the atmosphere turned outright toxic.

Verstappen/Red Bull ended the Hamilton/Mercedes snoozefest years of winning F1 races and F1 titles. And still today, some are in disbelief to fathom how this terminus was even possible. The party was not supposed to end, ergo some resort to the abject attitude of an inciting narrative of personal attacks to compromise/discredit the achievements of the main rival and/or to cover up own shortcomings (such as bad race strategy decisions). That 'bad loser' attitude is unsportsmanslike and disrespectful.

The 2022 season confirms that neither Mercedes nor Hamilton can stop Verstappen in his tracks, no matter what they try on track. Verstappen did not by chance lead more laps throughout the 2021 season than all other drivers of the field together.

Imagine for a moment that during the post-race interview after the penultimate 2021 F1 race (Saudi Arabia) a journalist would have told Hamilton the prophecy that ever since that Jeddah race-win, he wouldn't win any of the next 23 F1 race events (21 races + 2 'Sprint' events), unlike Verstappen who was going to win 17 of those events (15 races + 2 'Sprint' events): who would have believed that ? But it is the truth. And hence the question: can you handle it ?
NYG10579.50
EdM54034.50
phoenx332.50
M5Rick59562.00
      11-01-2022, 08:31 AM   #18
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostynorth View Post
Reading all this, man has F1 fallen far. Rather glad I only watched one race this year, this sport needs help.

Was really hoping a year off the sport would be a good break, but salt and drama is still going strong between the teams and drivers. The UK news was always heavy biased towards the British drivers, but this is a little beyond professionalism in media. Yeah, 2021 didn't end on the best note, get over it.

After Bernie leaving the sport and new management coming in, there was a chance things would get better, but it seems not. The top teams still complain constantly over everything, and have too much power over the smaller teams, they're all so entitled. If it wasn't for the money Mercedes, Ferrari, and RedBull bring it, the sport would be better without them. At least for a few years.

Agreed with the post above, RedBull used to be a fun team in the VET/WEB days.
Maybe you’re new to the sport?
F1 has always been dramatic.
Maybe I don’t fully understand what you’re referring to. “Falling far” from what?

F1 is most popular nowadays. From a general audience perspective, F1 got the “help it needed” when the Americans bought it and made it interesting to larger masses. Races have arguably been more fun to watch.
It used to be so technical that only those with an “in” would understand the nuances.

But the drama has always been there. There’s always a driver who’s liked, the underdog, the laughing stock (usually from Japan, way back when it was Yukio Katayama, now it’s Yuki Tsunoda), the superstar, the runner ups, etc. fights in the paddock, grilling battles on track. None of those are new.
Appreciate 1
      11-01-2022, 09:14 AM   #19
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I too agree you have to move on and let go last year.

I’m referring to all times (including last race where his crew made a mistake and he replied to “we have a lot of work to do” with “you don’t have to tell me” and had to be told to keep his head down and do his thing) where he’s been a prima donna, he berates his team when things don’t go well, he went fighting with a driver, told reporters he was about to “head-butt” someone, and now claiming anyone who doesn’t believe he won because of his own merits is disrespecting him.

His dad forged a great driver. But also an asshole. I guess one comes with the other, look at Checo and Barrichello. Great drivers, but better people than drivers…

It’s true many people like VER, he was an underdog last year, don’t forget that. When he’s 7 time WDC (and he might, he’s skilled), a young one will come and that one will be cheered by the crowd. Lando is young, I’m not surprised he is also liked.

I feel bad for VER. His upbringing is said to have been tough. Again, accomplished a great feat. But I think as a person he lacks. Don’t think he’s evil. Just think he’s too spoiled: I mean, who else would be offended if someone thinks you may not have been 100% responsible for your win?

And he wasn’t. Even the Belgian of this forum agrees VER won because Mercedes made a mistake. Not just because of that, obviously, he had more points, was doing super well. But it took that little “extra something”… he was behind. If it wasn’t for the idiotic Canadian, no yellow flag, history would’ve been different. Right? So it was a toss-up.

I too think the guy with the microphone talking BS is a douche canoe.
Did you see another driver with new tires who was able to beat HAM in the fastest car of the decade in that last lap ?

That's what the Belgian just said !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59562.00
DrFerry6725.50
      11-01-2022, 09:27 AM   #20
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I agree with your opinion, it was a bad call (maybe their defense is that the call was made under the guise of the current understanding, that cars would not be allowed to unlap themselves).

By saying that, though, you are disrespecting Max. I thought you were his fan, why are you disrespecting him?
Keep on dreaming mate ...

That's what the Belgian said => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=19

#UnLeashTheLion !!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59562.00
DrFerry6725.50
      11-01-2022, 09:51 AM   #21
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Did you see another driver with new tires who was able to beat HAM in the fastest car of the decade in that last lap ?
What part of the race shouldn't have been restarted until all cars or none were allowed to un-lap themselves? FIA made it clear it was human error. Now we hear about the cheating and over spending, it leaves a sour taste in alot of people.

Anyways continue with your shitshow, the sport is a joke right now.
Appreciate 5
MontyB11388.00
minn1914012.00
________4158.50
3798j11310.00
shadowfax1289.00
      11-01-2022, 10:01 AM   #22
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Dutch journalist has a different view, somewhat refreshing considering the hyperbole that has surrounded these comments. I understand that the Mexican circuit spent days walking round picking up toys that Christian and the Red Bull team had thrown around the paddock. I'm being churlish but they used to be above these things and that is why they were liked, today I'd say their fan reach outside of direct Max fans has reduced significantly.

Ted Kravitz branded ‘scapegoat’ for Max Verstappen, RB press bashing
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00
Closed Thread