BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
Angstrom Large
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 535i xdrive

Dinan Issues - 2009 535i xdrive

I leased a 2009 535i xdrive back in 2009 and added the Dinan Stage 2 ECU upgrade through the dealership. It was fantastic for the first 9 months -- smooth, linear power delivery. Then the issues started. I had engine malfunctions which they blamed on the software but eventually replaced the fuel pump. Unfortunately, the power delivery was never the same. Once the revs got up beyond 4-5k, the engine would hesitate and power delivery was jerky. I lived with it until it broke down again, which they blamed on the software, and they installed some type of software update. The engine hesitation continued and the engine would crank for 5-10 seconds when you tried to start it. It broke down a third time and again, and BMW blamed it on the software but also replaced the fuel pump a second time. When I got it back, the same problems persisted. The car has been in service for over 35 days. They have the car again back in service trying to make it accelerate smoothly but we shall see.

Anyone have thoughts on this or have similar issues? I'm thinking something beyond the fuel pump / software is messed up. BMW corporate has offered no solution and the dealership hasn't done much to help. I've asked them to take the car back (I'd gladly lease another BMW) but they won't consider that as an option.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0