BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

09-27-2021, 12:02 AM   #89
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Everyone needs to read this, regardless of your position.

https://www.docdroid.net/kZZXcGS/cov...cus-letter-pdf
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 12:23 AM   #90
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post

You might have wanted to include the portion that a fuckton of pop ups come on from your link. Credibility wanes off of that basis alone, you think something that important will try to install apps or create pop ups? That should go without saying.

Kind of a dick move on your part.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      09-27-2021, 12:50 AM   #91
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Can we all just agree that no one really has any fucking clue what to do?

The "experts" told us to social distance and wash our hands and then we would be fine. That didn't work.

Then the "experts" told us wearing a mask, limit your trips to the public, social distance and keep groups small and we would be "safe". That didn't work.

Then the "experts" told us "2 weeks to flatten the curve". Stay home, wear a mask, and no large groups. Businesses have to close, but not big businesses, only small businesses. That didn't work.

Then the "experts" told us things were getting better, we can get out and businesses can open up. Big businesses don't matter how many people are there, but small businesses can only do 50% capacity. If you're at a restaurant you have to wear your mask walking to your table, but at your table you don't need it.

Then the "experts" told us to get vaccinated. Once you're vaccinated you don't need a mask and you can go back to your normal lives. We don't know the long term affects, but the vaccine is safe.

Then the "experts" told if you're vaccinated you still need to wear a mask and social distance. The vaccine is safe for most people, but certain situations it's not.

Now the "experts" tell us the vaccination isn't as effective as they thought, and even less effective against the delta strain. If you're a woman don't get this one, kids under "x" age cant get this one. But they are still safe.

Meanwhile, vaccines are being pulled from shelves because of health risks coming to light, some countries wont even allow certain vaccines in their country because of health risks that have been found. Where I am right now you used to be able to get Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J, females were being warned about taking the J&J, and now they wont offer Pfizer or J&J because of the risks associated with them.

Places like MN were completely shut down, full mask mandates, even curfews in some areas, yet our neighbor South Dakota took far less preventative measures and left it up to the people to decide how they wanted to protect themselves and their COVID numbers were very similar to MN who was completely shut down.

You wonder why people refuse to get the vaccine when our "experts" have been changing the story this whole time. Everyone blames the unvaccinated (who most are still abiding by the mask rules that were once widely regarded as a "safe and effective precautionary measure"), when the reality of this is we have no clue how to properly and effectively fight the virus.

It's very simple, we don't know enough. Let people decide how they want to tackle this. Let people decide their own safety measures. If you're high risk, take the appropriate safety measures. Have underlying health issues? Take the appropriate safety measures.

Some of ya'll have become ugly.
Appreciate 8
essejM360.50
Todd0131379.50
Patton2502936.50
ASAP10058.50
rebekahb3128.50
Efthreeoh16953.50
      09-27-2021, 01:22 AM   #92
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Here is a link that isn't spam or full of popups. A short while ago, someone decided to create a thread where you nominate candidates for what is called the Hermain Cain Award. It's only award posthumously and named after the former ex-presidential candidate who was a staunch no vax no mask supporter. Of course he's passed on from Covid and while I don't agree with gleefully writing about individuals who have passed on, I think it might be worth awhile to take a look at some of the awardees. It's only the ones who post their opinions online in the form of social media where almost all of them sound exactly the same. A lot of the information they post to their followers are also alarmingly the same as the information posted in this thread and subsequent threads.

Some just did a data pull recently and the numbers are staggering.
1905 people have been nominated and of that, 1855 have been awarded. Meaning, 1855 out of the 1905 nominees to date have died from Covid. These awards are growing at an exponential pace is the other concerning fact.

It's worth a look, regardless of your stance. The disinformation is identical across the board. This isn't made up, this isn't some fake news - you can see their actual social media pages up until their death announcements from their loved ones. You can also validate their passing. What's really terrifying to me is probably 99% of them ask "the prayers warriors to pray for me / my loved ones" once they do contract Covid. Their verbiage is so similar.

Take with it what you will, but like I said, it's worth a look regardless of what you believe it. It may not help you but it may help someone you know who is on the fence to make a decision.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Littlebear3508.50
Th3Walrus327.00
      09-27-2021, 04:00 AM   #93
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Not an argument here or a jab at anyone. just my experience and observations.

Its cool to know someone who's worked on the vaccine or consulting with friends or family who "knows somebody or works somewhere" that did something with the vaccine..

Unless any of those individuals above are my physician who has given me physicals, taken my blood work, hold all my medical records, and write my prescriptions, my Dr. Is the final reference, and he said GO!

Of course, we can chose to go with medical advice from google and the media.

Y'all posting All these charts and numbers.. it's cool, BUT, When it comes to my body, I see the Internet as a reference tool, and my doctor as the final reference. Let that guy do all the hard work I pay him for.

I pay that guy too much money just to google him away. I also don't want a bug that shut down the planet……and at least have a weapon to fight it. Some feel otherwise, and that's ok for them. Just be safe y'all! We are important because have BMWs to drive!
Appreciate 3
Littlebear3508.50
Th3Walrus327.00
sygazelle11113.50
      09-27-2021, 05:24 AM   #94
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post

Be sure to read this part:

"COVID-19 Vaccine Development and Links to Transhumanism:...."

Why does that page keep trying to update my computer?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 05:30 AM   #95
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
Can we all just agree that no one really has any fucking clue what to do?

The "experts" told us to social distance and wash our hands and then we would be fine. That didn't work.

Then the "experts" told us wearing a mask, limit your trips to the public, social distance and keep groups small and we would be "safe". That didn't work.

Then the "experts" told us "2 weeks to flatten the curve". Stay home, wear a mask, and no large groups. Businesses have to close, but not big businesses, only small businesses. That didn't work.

Then the "experts" told us things were getting better, we can get out and businesses can open up. Big businesses don't matter how many people are there, but small businesses can only do 50% capacity. If you're at a restaurant you have to wear your mask walking to your table, but at your table you don't need it.

Then the "experts" told us to get vaccinated. Once you're vaccinated you don't need a mask and you can go back to your normal lives. We don't know the long term affects, but the vaccine is safe.

Then the "experts" told if you're vaccinated you still need to wear a mask and social distance. The vaccine is safe for most people, but certain situations it's not.

Now the "experts" tell us the vaccination isn't as effective as they thought, and even less effective against the delta strain. If you're a woman don't get this one, kids under "x" age cant get this one. But they are still safe.

Meanwhile, vaccines are being pulled from shelves because of health risks coming to light, some countries wont even allow certain vaccines in their country because of health risks that have been found. Where I am right now you used to be able to get Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J, females were being warned about taking the J&J, and now they wont offer Pfizer or J&J because of the risks associated with them.

Places like MN were completely shut down, full mask mandates, even curfews in some areas, yet our neighbor South Dakota took far less preventative measures and left it up to the people to decide how they wanted to protect themselves and their COVID numbers were very similar to MN who was completely shut down.

You wonder why people refuse to get the vaccine when our "experts" have been changing the story this whole time. Everyone blames the unvaccinated (who most are still abiding by the mask rules that were once widely regarded as a "safe and effective precautionary measure"), when the reality of this is we have no clue how to properly and effectively fight the virus.

It's very simple, we don't know enough. Let people decide how they want to tackle this. Let people decide their own safety measures. If you're high risk, take the appropriate safety measures. Have underlying health issues? Take the appropriate safety measures.

Some of ya'll have become ugly.
If some of the "Internet Experts", so prevalent now, had followed best scientific advice of the experts you disparage above, we would all be much better off.
We never know enough. But we do know enough to save countless lives.
Not good enough for you?
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 05:34 AM   #96
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
It can kill you.

Covid Survival Rate
0-14 survival is 99.9998%
15-44 survival is 99.9931%
45-64 survival is 99.9294%
65-85 survival is 99.6297%
Over 85 survival is 98.2499%
Those #s were discredited in the last vaccine thread.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 05:45 AM   #97
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenopoly View Post
Maybe if Fauci would stop lying non-stop to the country, people wouldn't be so scared to take the vaccine. And d
don't you think its weird that Congress is exempt from the vaccine mandate? I'm pretty sure that immediately sows doubt for the people who are paying attention....
:/
I think for some reason you are confusing Fauci with some orange-haired nightmare we all went through.
Re: Congress. Easy answer: Rand Paul, Marjorie Greene, etc. These are Reps looking to win the Herman Cain Award for themselves.
So better to pay attention to the real scientists. Fauci is a renowned scientist, with a long & impressive record of accomplishment.

Keep your eye on the ball; not on the side show.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 05:57 AM   #98
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

I'll just drop this here!

"Sadly, the Covid infection and death rates keep climbing.

There is an critical difference between the “unvaccinated” and “anti-vaxxers.”

The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) reports that “the unvaccinated group are younger, more likely to identify as Republicans or be Republican-leaning, and more likely to have lower levels of education and lower incomes than the vaccinated population.” The anti-vaxxers have a lower-level of education; vaccinated Americans are twice as likely as unvaccinated to have a college degree or higher (38% vs. 19%).

KFF notes that “the unvaccinated group also tends to include disproportionate shares of adults without health insurance(my italics, LB) coverage as well as those with lower levels of income.” It points out that “those under the age of 65 without insurance make up about one quarter of the unvaccinated population, and 42% of all unvaccinated adults report earning less than $40K a year.”

Perhaps most revealing, the KFF study differentiates between those it identifies as “wait and see” and the “definitely not” with regard to getting vaccinated. It reports that “half of those in the ‘wait and see’ group are people of color.” However, “the most vaccine resistant group, those who say they will ‘definitely not’ get a COVID-19 vaccine is overwhelmingly made up of White adults (70% of the group compared to 49% of the “wait and see” group).”

The current upswing in Covid-related hospitalizations and deaths in Texas illuminates the crisis many Republican states are confronting. As of August 6th, the state had a death rate per 100,000 at 0.17 and a daily average death rate of 49.6 people. In comparison, Vermont had a death rate of 0.02 per 100,000 and an daily average deaths 0.01 people.

The Texas Tribune reports that the “main groups within Texas’ unvaccinated population: white conservatives in rural areas, and Hispanic and Black people in big cities.” It notes that “while 15 million Texans who have received at least one shot as of Aug. 1, that leaves 9 million eligible Texans who have not gotten their vaccine yet.”"

https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/08...e-of-pandemic/
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 06:06 AM   #99
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
This is inaccurate. They didn't just develop these vaccines, you know that, right?

2002. In the least. Sars is Covid. So is h1n1. They've been working on these particular vaccines since then, just took a backseat as other things were far more urgent. All they did was halt everything else once Covid-19 hit and direct all resources to the current vaccines. Also, they've been studying coronaviruses for over 50 years already. On top of that, as technology increases each year, the genome sequencing for Covid-19 took TEN days.

Big difference than implying that it was all done in a year or so. That's not what happened.
COVID-19 is a lab developed man-made virus. That’s a fact and even CNN admits to that now so I’m not going to argue with you. Yes they have worked on RNA type medication‘s for the last 20 years but that has nothing to do with this new virus. The fact is they came out with this concoction in record time and once again your beloved CNN would not argue with that. It all comes down to do you trust it. My answer to that is probably. However I am not living in fear of this virus as I’ve already had it and I have better immunity to it than you do having taken the shot. Once again even CNN reluctantly, but they did admit it. I’m tired of arguing this. This all comes down to control freaks wanting to force other people to stick a medicine in their body. I find this very interesting because this is being proposed by people that generally defend peoples rights to do with their body as they wish. In fact they burn buildings down over that subject. Where is your passion for my body my choice when it comes to this discussion? Also the one argument that you would throw out would be unvaccinated people can hurt the vaccinated and several studies have already blown that out of the water so don’t even go there with that. Everyone now knows that’s total BS. Let me ask you this Mr. covid vaccine supporter. How do you feel knowing now that this new RNA concoction is not protecting people from actually getting Covid and lots of people are still dying even though they took this so-called vaccination? Once again these are facts and if you’re not going to admit to that then don’t even respond to this post because you’re not living in reality. Your only excuse now is trying to claim that this concoction will make having Covid less dangerous. Now ill bet half my 401(k) that the next series of studies disprove that also. If I turn out to be wrong I’ll admit it here.

PS- would someone please tell littlebear that I will never engage with him on this forum again? I can tell he’s responding to some of my post just because the way this forum is set up. I’m sure the reason why I won’t respond to him is obvious to many of you if you read his posts. Just let him know. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 06:09 AM   #100
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Here is a link that isn't spam or full of popups. A short while ago, someone decided to create a thread where you nominate candidates for what is called the Hermain Cain Award. It's only award posthumously and named after the former ex-presidential candidate who was a staunch no vax no mask supporter. Of course he's passed on from Covid and while I don't agree with gleefully writing about individuals who have passed on, I think it might be worth awhile to take a look at some of the awardees. It's only the ones who post their opinions online in the form of social media where almost all of them sound exactly the same. A lot of the information they post to their followers are also alarmingly the same as the information posted in this thread and subsequent threads.

1905 people have been nominated and of that, 1855 have been awarded. Meaning, 1855 out of the 1905 nominees to date have died from Covid. These awards are growing at an exponential pace is the other concerning fact.

It's worth a look, regardless of your stance. The disinformation is identical across the board. This isn't made up, this isn't some fake news - you can see their actual social media pages up until their death announcements from their loved ones. You can also validate their passing. What's really terrifying to me is probably 99% of them ask "the prayers warriors to pray for me / my loved ones" once they do contract Covid. Their verbiage is so similar.

Take with it what you will, but like I said, it's worth a look regardless of what you believe it. It may not help you but it may help someone you know who is on the fence to make a decision.

Do you even realize how evil and wicked coming up with an “award” like that is? What disrespect to that man and his family all to try and prove you’re lame opinionated points? If a right wing group did the same thing with let’s say a venereal disease award for all you promiscuous left wingers your side would burn cities down in protest. Perhaps you’re not as reasonable a debater as I first gave you credit for.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:12 AM   #101
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
COVID-19 is a lab developed man-made virus. That’s a fact and even CNN admits to that now so I’m not going to argue with you. Yes they have worked on RNA type medication‘s for the last 20 years but that has nothing to do with this new virus. The fact is they came out with this concoction in record time and once again your beloved CNN would not argue with that....

PS- would someone please tell littlebear that I will never engage with him on this forum again? I can tell he’s responding to some of my post just because the way this forum is set up. I’m sure the reason why I won’t respond to him is obvious to many of you if you read his posts. Just let him know. Thank you.
The facts are, we have how many times the computer power as we did 20 yrs ago? And we have new programming, IE: SDGR, etc., that can now model the possibilities better.
I would hope we would learn something in that time, like being faster & better.
Obviously you don't learn as rapidly.

PS: Has anybody here said they love CNN?
Most are pretty exasperated by them, at best.

Last edited by Littlebear; 09-27-2021 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 07:20 AM   #102
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Exactly comrade. Those people should also probably be shot eh comrade?

You do know we fought against your kind in the 1930s and 40s right? I thought we had defeated you. Apparently not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
but I thought healthcare was a right????
Don't deflect with sensationalism. Argue with me. Explain to me how it is right that the same doctor forced to treat you for something preventable is doing so at the expense of someone else's care. How can you justify that? You just want everyone else to pay for your own risks.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      09-27-2021, 08:09 AM   #103
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
Just some shots.
:
Everyone is wound up
Measles mumps rubella polio
Everyone has those shots, right?
Come on man you might want to try doing a little reading. Those vaccines took years and years to test and get approved. They are also actual vaccines. What you stuck in your body unless it was the Johnson and Johnson one is an experimental RNA concoction with very little testing. Completely apples to oranges here.
Remember when ISIS recruited people in Europe to go fight for them? Did you ever wonder how these people were recruited?

ISIS told them what they wanted to hear.

Early in this emergency, Donald Trump dismissed Covid. Minimized. Told many lies about it. Supported quack medicines.

the alternate right/far right media followed suit. They've been following suit ever since. They're telling you what they think you and Trump want to hear. They're not interested in the truth, they're interested in you watching their sites, reading their sites, maintaining advertising revenue.

I know it's hard to hear, but you've been radicalized just like those ISIS teenagers.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      09-27-2021, 08:38 AM   #104
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

It's so weak, lame, lazy, and partisan to blame the last administration for all of this administration's short comings. And the short comings are piling up.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 08:52 AM   #105
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Don't deflect with sensationalism. Argue with me. Explain to me how it is right that the same doctor forced to treat you for something preventable is doing so at the expense of someone else's care. How can you justify that? You just want everyone else to pay for your own risks.
I appreciate such an easy question. Because it’s his freaking job. He took an oath. If I jump out of airplanes for fun, which most people think is pretty stupid, and my parachute doesn’t deploy properly and I get injured does that mean the doctor shouldn’t have to treat me because I’m an idiot and didn’t pack my parachute properly? Once again thanks for such an easy question. Next.
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2021, 08:53 AM   #106
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
It's so weak, lame, lazy, and partisan to blame the last administration for all of this administration's short comings. And the short comings are piling up.
Ignore them brother. You’re coming to a dead end with them. Trust me I tried. It’s easier to just not read their posts and have this discussion with more reasonable people of that mindset. I know it’s difficult to find people like that from their side but they are out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 08:57 AM   #107
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Borderline unbelievable this is even a discussion. Words fail me.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:24 AM   #108
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
I appreciate such an easy question. Because it’s his freaking job. He took an oath. If I jump out of airplanes for fun, which most people think is pretty stupid, and my parachute doesn’t deploy properly and I get injured does that mean the doctor shouldn’t have to treat me because I’m an idiot and didn’t pack my parachute properly? Once again thanks for such an easy question. Next.
Not to mention that NO hospital in the US has had to refuse care to someone because an unvaxed individual came in with covid.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #109
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

The cdc recently changed their criteria for vaccine deaths. Get jabbed and die? Nope it wasn't the vaccine!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 10:36 AM   #110
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:

Herman Cain died from COVID on July 30th, 2020. He was 75 years old and a cancer survivor, so he had several comorbidities. He wasn't anti-vax; the COVID vaccinations had not yet been released. I'm sure Mr. Cain far out achieved anything you have done in your life.
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread