BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-23-2021, 05:02 PM   #4423
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

Keeping things light.

Toronto Marine Unit with Murf993

Attachment 2703111

Last edited by Lady Jane; 01-06-2022 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 3
Murf99314114.00
Sedan_Clan24971.50
paquet629.50
      09-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #4424
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Keeping things light.

Attachment 2703111
That's pretty funny, we had/have a bunch of those dory's that we'd use for dragging. I've spent way too much time in one of those.
Appreciate 1
Lady Jane70267.00
      09-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #4425
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jane View Post
Keeping things light.

"... Alongside his new partner Anne Lewis, Murphy pursues notorious criminal Clarence Boddicker and his gang—Emil Antonowsky, Leon Nash, Joe Cox, Steve Minh—who ambush and torture Murphy until Boddicker shoots him in the head. Morton has Murphy's corpse converted into RoboCop, turning him into a powerful and heavily-armored cyborg with no memory of his former life. RoboCop is programmed with three prime directives: serve the public trust, protect the innocent, and uphold the law. A fourth prime directive, Directive 4, is classified...."
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24971.50
      09-24-2021, 05:40 PM   #4426
Lady Jane
Cailín gan eagla.
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i and R1200RT bike.

I guess that line didn't work...

Attachment 2703906

Last edited by Lady Jane; 01-06-2022 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 4
Littlebear3509.50
Sedan_Clan24971.50
Murf99314114.00
paquet629.50
      09-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #4427
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
We wouldn't talk to him if he was CHP. Nobody likes CHP. They give other cops tickets. Hell, they even give firefighters tickets

I may be a nobody, but I like the CHP. Like all law enforcement officers, they have an incredibly hard and stressful job. The roads are chaotic enough. I cannot imagine what it would be like without their presence.

For me its simple. Drive safely and don't be that guy sticking out like a sore thumb and you'll never see the flashing lights come on behind you.

The one time I did get a speeding ticket, there was no doubt I deserved it. Lesson learned.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24971.50
      09-24-2021, 08:33 PM   #4428
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:
We wouldn't talk to him if he was CHP. Nobody likes CHP. They give other cops tickets. Hell, they even give firefighters tickets

I may be a nobody, but I like the CHP. Like all law enforcement officers, they have an incredibly hard and stressful job. The roads are chaotic enough. I cannot imagine what it would be like without their presence.

For me its simple. Drive safely and don't be that guy sticking out like a sore thumb and you'll never see the flashing lights come on behind you.

The one time I did get a speeding ticket, there was no doubt I deserved it. Lesson learned.
It's an inside joke with Los Angeles Leo's, firefighters and the like. CHP are known (again, just here not a fuck all highway patrol / state police et all) just an inside joke, hence the emojis. They're known to give nobody breaks INCLUDING again, fellow officers and firefighters. We had EMT called to the business recently and a CHP (it's right off the freeway) actually stopped by to make sure everything was alright and when he pulled away, the paramedic even made a crack about CHP and tickets.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11328.50
      09-24-2021, 08:47 PM   #4429
Murf993
Major
Rep

Quote:
It's an inside joke with Los Angeles Leo's, firefighters and the like. CHP are known (again, just here not a fuck all highway patrol / state police et all) just an inside joke, hence the emojis. They're known to give nobody breaks INCLUDING again, fellow officers and firefighters. We had EMT called to the business recently and a CHP (it's right off the freeway) actually stopped by to make sure everything was alright and when he pulled away, the paramedic even made a crack about CHP and tickets.
Traffic men, we had an expression. I'd rather my sister was a whore than my brother in law a traffic man. Might be the rum talking
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      09-24-2021, 08:51 PM   #4430
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Traffic men, we had an expression. I'd rather my sister was a whore than my brother in law a traffic man. Might be the rum talking
You're quite enjoyable when the rum kicks in. Not that you ain't sober but your filters tend to fall to the wayside with rum, lol.

But agreed. I've been pulled over twice on the freeway on the crotch rocket and both times it was - "matched a description of someone who's run on me before." Always translated that into "we were hoping for some excitement and you would take off." Wasn't doing anything wrong, wasn't speeding etc.

I will say when I first moved to CA, it was a highway patrol on a bike that motioned for me to follow him splitting the carpool double yellows - I didn't know it was legal until he motioned. I looked it up afterwards lol.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24971.50
Murf99314114.00
      09-24-2021, 08:55 PM   #4431
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

My CHP roots pay dividends as a Deputy.
Appreciate 3
shoei7779.00
Murf99314114.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      09-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #4432
Murf993
Major
Rep

Quote:
You're quite enjoyable when the rum kicks in. Not that you ain't sober but your filters tend to fall to the wayside with rum, lol.

But agreed. I've been pulled over twice on the freeway on the crotch rocket and both times it was - "matched a description of someone who's run on me before." Always translated that into "we were hoping for some excitement and you would take off." Wasn't doing anything wrong, wasn't speeding etc.

I will say when I first moved to CA, it was a highway patrol on a bike that motioned for me to follow him splitting the carpool double yellows - I didn't know it was legal until he motioned. I looked it up afterwards lol.
I've never dealt with CHP but we have the OPP here, Ontario Provincial Police. I've worked with them extensively and have some great friends there but they are different cats. I get the sense they'd strap on their own mothers. Strict is fun and mean is keen.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      09-24-2021, 08:59 PM   #4433
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Just so you know, I wasn't ragging on you for making the comment. I was pretty sure you were joking around. I was just sharing my point of view in this time of craziness and show my admiration for law enforcement.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      09-24-2021, 08:59 PM   #4434
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You've got the best of both worlds, the envy of all other officers
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24971.50
      09-24-2021, 09:00 PM   #4435
Murf993
Major
Rep

Quote:
I certainly hope so.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24971.50
      09-24-2021, 09:01 PM   #4436
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. Just so you know, I wasn't ragging on you for making the comment. I was pretty sure you were joking around. I was just sharing my point of view in this time of craziness and show my admiration for law enforcement.
No worries. I know you're one of the more intellectual / non-combative members so figured I would explain why those comments were made lol. I have a few friends who are law enforcement and have a ton of respect for them.

Sometimes I question how some of them actually passed the psych evaluation but that's an entirely different story.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24971.50
sygazelle11328.50
      09-24-2021, 09:03 PM   #4437
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I've never dealt with CHP but we have the OPP here, Ontario Provincial Police. I've worked with them extensively and have some great friends there but they are different cats. I get the sense they'd strap on their own mothers. Strict is fun and mean is keen.
I've spent quite a bit of time in ON actually! When I was younger. Toronto, Scarborough, Oshawa, Pickering etc. Was too young to have dealings with the OPP but remember being confused when I saw Robocop and the police department was referred to as OPP. While they were in Detroit, lol

*Also. None of my American friends believe me about how bomb ketchup chips are, lol. I love them. So good.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      09-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #4438
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You've got the best of both worlds, the envy of all other officers
Haha! Not so much. Deputies avoid traffic stuff as much as they can, but it helps TONS with establishing reasonable suspicion/probable cause when you don't have the gimmes like tint, expired registration, no plates, etc. …..you know, the easy stuff.

Quote:
Quote:
I certainly hope so.
My knowledge of obscure traffic laws, DUI enforcement, etc. helps a ton. Deputies hate traffic enforcement.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      09-24-2021, 09:27 PM   #4439
shoei
Banned
Rep

Here's a question. How bad do you have to fuck up to get assigned to a reflector vest and standing out on the street directing traffic?

Are we talking "desk pop" level fucked up or worse? Lol
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00
      09-24-2021, 09:30 PM   #4440
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Here's a question. How bad do you have to fuck up to get assigned to a reflector vest and standing out on the street directing traffic?

Nobody who is sworn does that in California really. That seems to be a thing in other states like New York. I keep a reflector vest in my patrol car that I use primarily during DUI checkpoints. An Officer/Deputy would be stupid not to use it at night.
Appreciate 2
shoei7779.00
Murf99314114.00
      09-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #4441
Murf993
Major
Rep

Quote:
Haha! Not so much. Deputies avoid traffic stuff as much as they can, but it helps TONS with establishing reasonable suspicion/probable cause when you don't have the gimmes like tint, expired registration, no plates, etc. …..you know, the easy stuff.

My knowledge of obscure traffic laws, DUI enforcement, etc. helps a ton. Deputies hate traffic enforcement.
I'll go first, Toronto Uniformed Traffic By-law for Taxi drivers: Fail to be civil and well behaved. I remember laying that charge and the response was not civil or well behaved.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 09:32 PM   #4442
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Nobody who is sworn does that in California really. That seems to be a thing in other states like New York. I keep a reflector vest in my patrol car that I use primarily during DUI checkpoints. An Officer/Deputy would be stupid not to use it at night.
Yeah it's normal in NYC. Now that you mention it, you're right. They'll have parking enforcement pull up here in CA to direct traffic is there's an issue.

Always wondered though how badly you need to be in the doghouse to get assigned that lol. Like the cop version of a "time out corner".
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24971.50
      09-24-2021, 09:42 PM   #4443
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah it's normal in NYC. Now that you mention it, you're right. They'll have parking enforcement pull up here in CA to direct traffic is there's an issue.

Always wondered though how badly you need to be in the doghouse to get assigned that lol. Like the cop version of a "time out corner".
That's a good question. The California law enforcement culture just isn't really like that.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      09-24-2021, 09:48 PM   #4444
Murf993
Major
Rep

Quote:
That's a good question. The California law enforcement culture just isn't really like that.
When I was a rookie if you were in shit they'd make you walk the post in the shitty'ist part of your division. The hook would come by and roll the window down about an inch in the freezing weather and tell you what time he was marking you down for a visit. You learned to hide in doorways and then you learned to work the neighbourhood. That's when they put you back in a scout car.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24971.50
shoei7779.00