BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #67
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
You really get into calling other members names....not just on this thread.
I have never told a member to 'fuck off'
You have used "arrogant shit" against multiple people.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 12:11 PM   #68
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
The most aggressive dogs I've seen at dog parks are german shepards. I've seen them target and attempt to kill other dogs. The pit bulls will get into it with other dogs, but I've never seen them specifically target other dogs.

My dog (border collie) is too obstinate to back down from a fight with a pit bull. The other dogs seem to back down from him before it gets rough, but I've had to pull him out of 2 scraps with pit bulls. But pit bulls are his favorite dogs to have a fun wrestle with.
Oddly, mine are shepherds. My white one will bark, but is timid. The black one; however, let’s just say she’s killed in the past and would do it again without concern. I’ve owned shepherds and Dobermans my whole life, may look to calm down some with labs or retrievers next go around, but it is nice not having any groundhogs or raccoons in the area...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 12:52 PM   #69
Obioban
Emperor
Rep
Drives: M3, M3, M5, M5

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2017 BMW i3  [0.00]
2005 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2001 BMW M5  [0.00]
My dog park has a dog personality test to get a pass, and dogs get kicked out after a single incident-- and I'm not at all sad about that. People with aggressive dogs should not be at dog parks, IMO. It completely undermines the purpose of them.

2005 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Wagon, 2001 M5 Sedan, 2008 M5 6MT Sedan, 2012 128i M sport
Appreciate 4
________4157.00
wrickem2101.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      09-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #70
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep
Drives: G42 M240ix, JLU Rub, 10 S2 RX8

[QUOTE=No one;23774765]It doesn't look like the leash restricts your dogs in any way.

I will not restrain them such that they cannot defend themselves. I will, however attempt to pull them back to give opportunity for someone or myself to intercept the inbound.

They say pinching the nose should work. Hampering the breathing(?), at least.

That was tried actually.

They usually say she was pregnant as well.

Recovering from a lump removal with staples in her side.

Did you need any proofs (what were they?) or were you the God they trusted?

Actually I don't sympathize with your opponents, it's just aggressors often choose to play victims once they fail (or even to pre-empt charges?) and use their legal rights to violate others'. Your stories look a bit doubtful.

No aggression on our part. Witnesses were all too willing to provide their testimony. This did go to court.

How do you know? Did you marry him?

Two opportunities actually. I sat on the HOA board and saw the foreclosure come through as part of settling his account. I also invest in real estate and this foreclosure was presented for me to look at. Before this his neighbors had approached us at the mail box to spread the gossip. I guess his employer ran background on recurring basis and came across the filings. My current company used to do this for management until they started using an industrial psychologist about every 6 weeks.
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #71
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep

Quote:
You seem to have a lot of incidents with other dogs. I never had an incident walking my border collie. He has had some dog park incidents, but nothing that wan't cleared up quickly.
We didn't have issues when living in the city, but when this neighborhood was new there were a lot. Things have calmed down quite a bit I hear and my wife was told a couple weeks ago on some next door neighbor app that the last major problem house had changed hands. A couple years back we actually started walking on the roads outside the development where the only issue is coyotes, but they just watch from a distance.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
      09-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #72
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

I think some people on this thread are being really harsh and unfair to fellow posters. OP is one of them, he asked a question and was told to fuck off and accused of being a whimp and whatnot...

And CarPoor related walking his dogs on a leash and being attached by stray dogs... now he's "been attacked too many times?" What's that logic?

I'm learning from some interactions here about legislation and what to do in some cases and I think that was the purpose intended by OP.
Appreciate 2
CarPoor140.00
      09-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #73
CarPoor
Discharged
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Yikes...just curious, but how does that process go down? Like, did the cops get a hold of this guy and he continued his hostility, so they threw the book at him? Or did they just take your word for it?

I also imagine this involved filing formal documents, having to appear in court, etc.? Sad that all this is required all because people have no problems getting a dog, but refuse to be responsible dog owners
There were witnesses and he also confessed feeling he was in his right. This did go to court and I guess he was also belligerent with the LEO per what came out during the hearing.

Obviously it would have been better if the witnesses had just helped intercept his dog, but they just stood on their porches or in their yards and gasped.
Appreciate 2
________4157.00
      09-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #74
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
My dog park has a dog personality test to get a pass, and dogs get kicked out after a single incident-- and I'm not at all sad about that. People with aggressive dogs should not be at dog parks, IMO. It completely undermines the purpose of them.
That's a great policy Unfortunately, too many people who have aggressive dogs won't admit that their dog is the problem.

We've got a 135lb French Mastiff and a 22lb Cav who are best buddies. Too many aggressive dogs have walked up to the big guy in dog parks wanting to pick a fight then turned on the little one when the big guy takes a stance. I don't even take them to dog parks anymore.
      09-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #75
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Quote:
That's a great policy Unfortunately, too many people who have aggressive dogs won't admit that their dog is the problem.

We've got a 135lb French Mastiff and a 22lb Cav who are best buddies. Too many aggressive dogs have walked up to the big guy in dog parks wanting to pick a fight then turned on the little one when the big guy takes a stance. I don't even take them to dog parks anymore.
Is that Cav a Cavalier King Charles?
      09-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #76
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Is that Cav a Cavalier King Charles?
Yes, or as I call him "Cavalier King Charles spitting hump dog". I never thought I'd like a under 75lbs until he came along, it's like life with a sweet fun furry clown.
RickFLM410885.00
      09-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #77
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, or as I call him "Cavalier King Charles spitting hump dog". I never thought I'd like a under 75lbs until he came along, it's like life with a sweet fun furry clown.
Yeah, they are great, super friendly jokers. We lost 2 over the past year after almost 12 years with them and have a puppy now. Angus, the Black and Tan we lost earlier this year, looked in the mirror and thought he was a Rottweiler. He really thought he was a bad ass. That is until a threat of some kind approached, when he would move to stand behind me.
wrickem2101.00
      09-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #78
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, they are great, super friendly jokers. We lost 2 over the past year after almost 12 years with them and have a puppy now. Angus, the Black and Tan we lost earlier this year, looked in the mirror and thought he was a Rottweiler. He really thought he was a bad ass. That is until a threat of some kind approached, when he would move to stand behind me.
I followed your awesome thread about them daily when it was active. When this one's time is up, we'll definitely get another one too. I'm surprised that you had a "tough until provoked" one, ours doesn't recognize danger at all, so it's a good thing he's got his big buddy and human protectors.
RickFLM410885.00
      09-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #79
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I followed your awesome thread about them daily when it was active. When this one's time is up, we'll definitely get another one too. I'm surprised that you had a "tough until provoked" one, ours doesn't recognize danger at all, so it's a good thing he's got his big buddy and human protectors.
Ha ha yeah our female arrived as the bravest dog I've ever seen - she had absoluely no fear of anything or anybody. The pup is a complete pussy - afraid of everything (except his owners when he wants to misbehave) with a worried look most of the time.
wrickem2101.00
      09-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #80
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Justified on this occasion don't you think?

Gotta call out injustices
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #81
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Justified on this occasion don't you think?

Gotta call out injustices
No
Not justified
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:44 AM   #82
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
But it is. Pets are property in the eyes of the law. No one said the same as a DVD player, but still property.

/topic
lol /topic. Cute.

Kids and adults are both considered human but there are different laws pertaining to a person depending on their age. Just because two things are viewed as property, does not in any way mean they have the same laws governing them.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #83
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
lol /topic. Cute.

Kids and adults are both considered human but there are different laws pertaining to a person depending on their age. Just because two things are viewed as property, does not in any way mean they have the same laws governing them.
Hey there capt apples to oranges. Please go talk to a Judge then.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #84
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
I think some people on this thread are being really harsh and unfair to fellow posters. OP is one of them, he asked a question and was told to fuck off and accused of being a whimp and whatnot...

And CarPoor related walking his dogs on a leash and being attached by stray dogs... now he's "been attacked too many times?" What's that logic?

I'm learning from some interactions here about legislation and what to do in some cases and I think that was the purpose intended by OP.
here is my logic, i have higher chances of getting hit by car while crossing street, getting hurt during robbery at any time of the day then getting attack by dog. if i had such fear of these negative events, i would never leave my house.

like the guy that post on the X3 forum if it was ok to leave his new car outside when it rains....
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:24 AM   #85
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Quote:

here is my logic, i have higher chances of getting hit by car while crossing street, getting hurt during robbery at any time of the day then getting attack by dog. if i had such fear of these negative events, i would never leave my house.

like the guy that post on the X3 forum if it was ok to leave his new car outside when it rains....
I don't understand where "fear" is being inferred in this thread. Both the OP and CarPoor do not talk about fear, but ask what can be done just in case and share experiences of encounters, respectively.

Nothing to do with fear.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:27 AM   #86
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
I don't understand where "fear" is being inferred in this thread. Both the OP and CarPoor do not talk about fear, but ask what can be done just in case and share experiences of encounters, respectively.

Nothing to do with fear.
I guess fear, isnt proper word, but do u get my point?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 10:33 AM   #87
________
________
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Quote:

Nothing to do with fear.
I guess fear, isnt proper word, but do u get my point?
I really don't.

OP asks what to do in case. It's like saying "is it legal to carry and use pepper spray in case someone tries to rape me? I walk a lot alone at night" - in some places in the US the answer would be yes, in Canada it's no. I wouldn't tell that person to fuck off and stay inside.

The other person shares how she escaped raping attempts with pepper spray and other means... is told "you sure are attacked a lot, maybe wear different clothes"

That's how I see it. Nothing to do with the example you gave about the X3, as they don't fear, quite the opposite.

But, mind you, I wasn't specifically targeting you on my posts, I have no idea who posted harsh comments, I just saw a few by different people and decided to say something because it's not ok and not in line with what a forum is for.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 11:46 AM   #88
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I didn't read the whole thread but...

In Chicago my Havanese was run down and attacked by a pit bull that was a fighting dog. He sustained a puncture would from a bite to the leg but survived because his walker snatched him away and then climbed onto a parked car before calling 911. He was then rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery. The pit bull was destroyed after a brief stay with animal control.

I then investigated the legality of options and also spoke with dog trainers and experts about what to do. Bottom line if you are armed - kill the attacking dog. If you are not armed - if the animal has either your pet or child or whatever in it's mouth - grab its back legs and lift as high as you can to force the attacking dog into a handstand. It will likely become disoriented and relax its grip, at which point you have some chances of escape.
Appreciate 4
________4157.00
RickFLM410885.00