BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-07-2021, 08:16 PM   #23
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Many say it's here to stay and due to limited amount, it can only go up in value. So far I personally know more crypto success stories than people who had covid

Friend of mine said his coworker quit after banking 10s of millions on crypto. Another friend of mine just few days ago told me he has over 1 million buck in bitcoin and eth, planning to sell after 2025.

If I believed in crypto just a year ago, I would be a multi millionaire too )

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 09-07-2021 at 10:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      09-07-2021, 08:33 PM   #24
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Not everything that's in limited availability is in high demand/cost. Look at artists' works: only a few are recognized as masterpieces and cost insanely. Those who have them can't tell them from fake/shit , but some still can and that must be what's making the value. You can make hardware from gold and wear it. What about "bitcoin" whatever you mean by that?

Stocks and derivatives are ultimately connected to valuables (goods or services), aren't they?

I think the "pandemic" is a valid contender.

Can you honestly say that when so many educated/trained economists are being baffled on how the market is acting lately?
Maybe after looking at Gamestop/AMC/Nokia, all pre-historic companies that provide low to zero value to customers in 2021 it'll make less sense.

Stocks/securities bring zero added meaning other than people feeling safer about supply/demand equilibriums because "there's something tangible behind it".

It's also funny to see how so many people who prefer stocks/securities with 2-3% returns annual say they prefer it because of the tangible aspect, yet do not understand why NFTs are popping today.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 10:24 PM   #25
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Many say it's here to stay and due to limited amount, it can only go up in value. So far I personally know more crypto success stories then people who had covid

Friend of mine said his coworker quit after banking 10s of millions on crypto. Another friend of mine just few days ago told me he has over 1 million buck in bitcoin and eth, planning to sell after 2025.

If I believed in crypto just a year ago, I would be a multi millionaire too )
"Look at buyers: they are losers struggling to make ends meet. Now look at sellers: they are cool guys who have everything. I am tired of being a loser! I want to succeed. It's time to become a seller!" (my backward translation from some movie) There's an important difference between those who tell stories and those who listen to them. The former ride the latter.

For you to win someone has to lose. It's not as simple as just to play. You can look at it as a lottery unless your friends explain what made them make the winning decisions reasonably (from what they could have known back then), so that you can use it for your benefit. Or listen to stories told by losers if you wish to stop regretting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Can you honestly say that when so many educated/trained economists are being baffled on how the market is acting lately?
Maybe after looking at Gamestop/AMC/Nokia, all pre-historic companies that provide low to zero value to customers in 2021 it'll make less sense.

Stocks/securities bring zero added meaning other than people feeling safer about supply/demand equilibriums because "there's something tangible behind it".

It's also funny to see how so many people who prefer stocks/securities with 2-3% returns annual say they prefer it because of the tangible aspect, yet do not understand why NFTs are popping today.
"Tangible aspect" is a demand guarantee, I guess: it's something people won't stop wanting/needing. What's a crypto demand guarantee? And what's the tangible aspect of NFTs, why are they popping?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 03:20 PM   #26
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Honestly, I don't care. I make money swingtrading BTC. I'm in for the $$$, not the tech. 😉
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6722.50
      09-27-2021, 11:35 AM   #27
smokesrcki
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW f36

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
They've been saying that for the last 5 years about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. About the only places it's useful is in countries with unstable currencies or for illicit transactions. It is not the future.

^This.
Better to say, blockchain is future.. Bitcoin is just pioneer. And because of that it will stay with us for loooong time..
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      10-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #28
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Wait till the bottom falls out of crypto. I plan on riding it down, just like I rode it up.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 11:38 AM   #29
AustinZ4
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i SMG

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [0.00]
ISO 20022 adoption by international banks will be a boon for non-minable cryptos that meet that standard, which currently sits at 5 coins.

I've made a nice bit on several coins and holding ~12 right now. Mining 3 as well in a setup at home. Plan to expand that to 5 in the coming months.

Having the blockchain become more well known and used in the world is a positive end result for the banks. Not a single fraudulent transaction has been observed on bitcoin since inception whereas banks can count on a small percentage of overall fraudulent transactions but totaling near $30B in losses just last year.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3539.50
      10-25-2021, 02:29 PM   #30
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

With the current inflation climate, and the likelyhood of it getting worse before it gets better, crypto may be the way to go.
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6722.50
      10-26-2021, 04:41 PM   #31
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
With the current inflation climate, and the likelyhood of it getting worse before it gets better, crypto may be the way to go.
Until governments decide to have their own form of crypto.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 08:23 AM   #32
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
Depends.

Crypto is functioning a lot like the gold/silver coin market. A store of value rather than currency. When interest rates go up the price of gold goes down.

My WAG is that the swing could be huge because ,unlike gold, cryptos have limited utility.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0