BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-27-2021, 09:36 AM   #11243
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Trying to lighten up. Wrecked the Lexus. Hit the girlfriends Infiniti.

Rough morning.
Two cars KR?
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #11244
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by king rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambohamilton View Post
well your turbulence is meaningless here, without said posts! But i hope you're ok or whatever, foremost.

Come on, lighten up!
trying to lighten up. Wrecked the lexus. Hit the girlfriends infiniti.

Rough morning.
how the fuck.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-27-2021, 09:40 AM   #11245
Silverstreak76
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325XI

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
Had a date two weeks ago, attempted to get some food at 1PM PST and most places here were either closed or take out only. So we went to the original plan of a coffee spot in a small community called Jacksonville, OR. Coffee (Macchiato) her blended thing with espresso (strike 1) does not like hot coffee drinks; conversion was going well for a moment until we got into careers and oh man that was a mistake (strike 2); it was about 3pm and I had plans so I asked if we could maybe hang out again and I got "Oh Yeah!!" then as we were leaving I was heading to walk her to her car and she just shot off with I am parked over here and "bye"; continued to walk off as there was nothing. I waited through out the week for another invite or opportunity and was completely ghost!!I felt like it was an interview than a get to meet and check for a spark! Oh well back to my friend with benefits and that craziness with her two young boys who drive me up the wall and back!!
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4467.00
      09-27-2021, 09:46 AM   #11246
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Trying to lighten up. Wrecked the Lexus. Hit the girlfriends Infiniti.

Rough morning.
That....is the very definition of a rough morning. That sucks, is this at all something that insurance is covering with no fault to you by chance?

I'd say your day can only go up from here, but that's not entirely true I suppose as I guess even worse things could happen, so I'll say that I'm hoping the rest of your day goes much better!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      09-27-2021, 09:57 AM   #11247
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
Hate to hear it.

Opportunity for two bimmers?
Hell no! Although I do love Bavarian, I don't see myself owning another. Perhaps in a few years start leasing, but I don't know that I'll ever own another BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Two cars KR?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
how the fuck.
Backing out of the garage last night. Ran my ass off all weekend, little to no time to do anything. In a rush last night, the girlfriend and I were leaving, backed out of the garage right into her car. I just tinted her headlights last weekend too. Time and material out the window, not to mention the damage done to mine. I tinted my tail lights last year. Now all 4 will need to be done again in order to match. Not to mention the vinyl work I've done to my car. Frustrating for someone who doesn't have time to do anything as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
That....is the very definition of a rough morning. That sucks, is this at all something that insurance is covering with no fault to you by chance?

I'd say your day can only go up from here, but that's not entirely true I suppose as I guess even worse things could happen, so I'll say that I'm hoping the rest of your day goes much better!
We're good on the insurance. I was concerned that it may need to be covered under the homeowner's policy since it happened in my driveway versus a public street. Insurance company already called, simple process, waiting on a call from them now to assess damage. Unfortunately I came in to a shit storm at work to boot, while trying to handle all this. The rest of the week should be cake.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:59 AM   #11248
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
You okay?
Yeah, thank you for asking. Frustrated, hurt pride and I feel stupid, but shit happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 10:20 AM   #11249
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
You okay?
Yeah, thank you for asking. Frustrated, hurt pride and I feel stupid, but shit happens.
Rudi parking. (Now that we know it's just your ego that's hurt )
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
Tommy-G4467.00
nyalpine907380.00
King Rudi13152.00
Dang3r12503.00
vreihen1614883.50
      09-27-2021, 10:41 AM   #11250
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
pretty good ladder to get SUV up there.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 10:52 AM   #11251
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hell no! Although I do love Bavarian, I don't see myself owning another. Perhaps in a few years start leasing, but I don't know that I'll ever own another BMW.

Backing out of the garage last night. Ran my ass off all weekend, little to no time to do anything. In a rush last night, the girlfriend and I were leaving, backed out of the garage right into her car. I just tinted her headlights last weekend too. Time and material out the window, not to mention the damage done to mine. I tinted my tail lights last year. Now all 4 will need to be done again in order to match. Not to mention the vinyl work I've done to my car. Frustrating for someone who doesn't have time to do anything as it is.

We're good on the insurance. I was concerned that it may need to be covered under the homeowner's policy since it happened in my driveway versus a public street. Insurance company already called, simple process, waiting on a call from them now to assess damage. Unfortunately I came in to a shit storm at work to boot, while trying to handle all this. The rest of the week should be cake.
No back up camera, or parking sensors?? Even so, we're the generation that still puts one hand on the passenger head rest and turns our bodies to look behind us when backing up, bruh.
Yes to back up camera and sensors. Perfect storm to be honest. I was stressed out to begin with. crazy busy weekend and all I wanted to do was relax last night. We left in a hurry, the girlfriend was talking, my phone was ringing as I was backing up, so I didn't even look at my camera. Sensors never alerted me, which is weird because they normally pick up a pedestrian in a parking lot.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 10:53 AM   #11252
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You okay?
Rudi parking. (Now that we know it's just your ego that's hurt )
I expect nothing less....ya bastard
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      09-27-2021, 12:16 PM   #11253
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Rudi,

In reference to what I just sent you
Shid! Love those wheels on your E92!
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      09-27-2021, 12:26 PM   #11254
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
drool, 313's
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      09-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #11255
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
drool, 313's
Y'all are funny. Best stock wheels on a BMW. Though I do hate that car as it tried to kill my child.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4467.00
nyalpine907380.00
      09-27-2021, 01:37 PM   #11256
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Y'all are funny. Best stock wheels on a BMW. Though I do hate that car as it tried to kill my child.
Ahh yes, I seem to recall that. Doors locked by themselves while child was in car I think?

How long ago was that...a long while I'm thinking.

Still, I admit I had a moment of envy when I saw your car way back then since you had the 335is, and I only had the "i". Least till I gave it back when the lease was up.
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      09-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #11257
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Good memory. Car locked on a hot day with my daughter who was 7 months old at the time. Diaper bag had my key fob and cell phone inside. Car was completely unresponsive. Strangers in the parking lot tried shattering all the windows. Finally, someone used a life hammer to break and remove the driver side window to save her. That was in 2015. I constantly think of that man whose name I don't even know. He saved her life. I know what would have happened if he didn't come running through the parking with that life hammer and I thank God for that man every week. I wonder if he ever thinks of us.
My wife fell asleep at the wheel (way before I knew her) and crashed into a ditch, took out a telephone pole and went through the windshield. A man came to her rescue, pulled her from the car and saved her life. She was life flighted and spoke of this man often.
Fast forward 20 some years and shes working emergency at an animal hospital. Sees the name on the chart and asked if he lived off such & such road back in the day. His wife said he had alzheimers and didnt recall much but it was the guy who saved her life and I lost my sh!t as she told me the story. The wife told of how he looked forward to the flowers my wife would send him every year....sadly he passed a few years ago but I will forever remember that mans name and eyes water anytime I say it in my head. Even now as I type this
Appreciate 12
ramman434710.00
Sara5775.50
wtwo317864.00
King Rudi13152.00
vreihen1614883.50
Joekerr7926.00
Dang3r12503.00
rebekahb3128.50
      09-27-2021, 02:07 PM   #11258
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
My wife fell asleep at the wheel (way before I knew her) and crashed into a ditch, took out a telephone pole and went through the windshield. A man came to her rescue, pulled her from the car and saved her life. She was life flighted and spoke of this man often.
Fast forward 20 some years and shes working emergency at an animal hospital. Sees the name on the chart and asked if he lived off such & such road back in the day. His wife said he had alzheimers and didnt recall much but it was the guy who saved her life and I lost my sh!t as she told me the story. The wife told of how he looked forward to the flowers my wife would send him every year....sadly he passed a few years ago but I will forever remember that mans name and eyes water anytime I say it in my head. Even now as I type this
That is so sweet! I just wish I would have asked him his name so I could thank him properly. He has no idea how much I think about him.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4467.00
King Rudi13152.00
      09-27-2021, 03:20 PM   #11259
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

Quote:

Don’t go the Home Owners Policy Route. Your rates will go up and they will recover all that money. It’s such a scam.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:29 PM   #11260
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
That is so sweet! I just wish I would have asked him his name so I could thank him properly. He has no idea how much I think about him.
Did he just run off or something, before you could thank him? Just for educational and comedic purposes, what is a proper thank you for something like that? I just might get one of those life hammers and put one in each of my cars and one in my motorcycle backpack.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:37 PM   #11261
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Good memory.
Yes, I seem to have a decent memory for weird things...not names unfortunately, but pretty much everything else about a person. I think some people on here might be shocked at how much information they drop about themselves over the course of a few years. Individually, it isn't that useful, but if you have the ability to remember that information and compile it, it sort of all comes together and becomes...useful.

Quote:
I thank God for that man every week. I wonder if he ever thinks of us.
He probably does, or at least the incident itself and is glad he was on hand that day even if he doesn't know you.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Sara5775.50
      09-27-2021, 03:38 PM   #11262
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Remember, he's in Germany. We're in America, doing American shit. Surely you can understand how what idiots we look like to the rest of the world. Especially on terms of gender reveal parties.
I wouldnt say that this is strictly US stuff and I admit that I havent closer contacts to the rainbow scene but I wont judge those parties. If that is your way of life and fun, who cares?
Live and let live, no more.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 03:53 PM   #11263
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
Did he just run off or something, before you could thank him? Just for educational and comedic purposes, what is a proper thank you for something like that? I just might get one of those life hammers and put one in each of my cars and one in my motorcycle backpack.
I doubt it is what I suspect you are hoping.
Appreciate 1
shoei7778.00
      09-27-2021, 03:57 PM   #11264
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I doubt it is what I suspect you are hoping.
Get your mind outa the gutter. Is it getting cold up there or something. It’s a dating thread. I was just hoping to get a date.
Appreciate 0