BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-17-2018, 07:25 PM   #45
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
Agreed, I have a lot of Tekton and the like, seems the Taiwanese made is pretty consistently good quality versus the Chinese made which can be hit or miss. Got American brands getting comfy riding their name and made in USA status while quality drops but of course there is very high quality stuff out there too.

German tools run circles around all of them though
Tekton seems pretty good from what I've seen. Gearwrench is mostly Taiwanese made as well and good quality. As you say, Chinese is hit and miss. For American, I had good experiences with SK, Armstrong and of course Snap On is great.

I recently warrantied an old American made Husky torque wrench and got a Husky Chinese torque wrench... the ratchet was noticeably pretty rough. Definitely not the quality of my old Husky.

I'm not very familiar with German made stuff. Where does someone even get those in the US?
Yeah same happened when I tried tonwarranty my 1/2 inch USA Craftsman ratchet. I opted to keep the handle and use a rebuild kit instead of a total replacement.

KCtoolco.com sells the German brands. Find what you want on there and then go on the amazon.de site to buy them cheaper in some cases.
Appreciate 0