BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #133
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
So I haven't put in my 1 cent on this whole issue until people started babbling about the concept of utilizing carefree dismissal of a girl's marital/relationship status when in the hunt for some booty...

First of all, the salacious fellow preying on a "spoken-for" girl must obviously just be looking forward to satisfying his horny needs instead of looking for a relationship because no logical guy would be stupid enough to hook up with a girl who cheated on her previous boyfriend. The affair alone is stigma that stings for the future to come. The girl herself, by most cases, would also be a dolt for cheating on her boyfriend in order to go out with someone else.

It's analogous to me wanting a parachute with a reserve that failed to deploy when used by the previous parachuter.
That's a pretty good analogy, there squawks! The cheating and the dishonesty are the parts of being in a relationship that scare me. No one's ever cheated on me, but I can only imagine what a kick to the groin that must be...especially if you've been 100% faithful and haven't even looked at another person.

I guess we all just have to learn to take risks...We'll always have reasons to feel cynical and suspicious of other people, but maybe the real question is, can we really trust ourselves--not necessarily about cheating, but about anything in general?

I mean I couldn't trust myself with a $20.00 bill in my pocket!

Last edited by deutschmann59; 01-02-2007 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #134
Lost Rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: R NineT, X1

Garage List
2014 BMW R NineT  [0.00]
2015 X1 xdrive  [9.00]

Last edited by Lost Rider; 01-17-2006 at 09:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #135
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
The cheating and the dishonesty are the parts of being in a relationship that scare me. No one's ever cheated on me, but I can only imagine what a kick to the groin that must be...especially if you've been 100% faithful and haven't even looked at another person.
I think about this all the time. IT's like what we've learned in Driver's Ed: you might be a safe driver but other drivers are not. This is the reason why whenever a girl likes me, I kinda get scared. I dont want any commitment. I especially dont wanna be cheated on. THen again, like you said, we all have to take risk because without the risk there is not reward.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #136
Enroutte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ;D

this thread is depressing
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2006, 10:52 PM   #137
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

ONLY A PERSON WHO RISKS IS FREE

To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach for another is to risk involvement.
To expose your ideas, your dreams,
before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To believe is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the
greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The people who risk nothing, do nothing,
have nothing, are nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow,
but they cannot learn, feel, change,
grow, love, live.
Chained by their attitudes they are slaves;
they have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.

~ by Author Unknown ~
      01-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #138
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

This thread sucks.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:50 AM   #139
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
So I haven't put in my 1 cent on this whole issue until people started babbling about the concept of utilizing carefree dismissal of a girl's marital/relationship status when in the hunt for some booty...

First of all, the salacious fellow preying on a "spoken-for" girl must obviously just be looking forward to satisfying his horny needs instead of looking for a relationship because no logical guy would be stupid enough to hook up with a girl who cheated on her previous boyfriend. The affair alone is stigma that stings for the future to come. The girl herself, by most cases, would also be a dolt for cheating on her boyfriend in order to go out with someone else.

It's analogous to me wanting a parachute with a reserve that failed to deploy when used by the previous parachuter.
NO ONE SAID CHEAT! WE SAID TALK TOO!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #140
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
This thread sucks.
I 2nd that!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 09:50 AM   #141
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
And I'm tired of going out with my friends to bars and clubs every weekend because all my friends have girlfriends, and then there's me...the tag-along. They don't treat me like that, but that's how I feel.
ha ha, I've had that feeling before. Most of my friends are in a relationship. When we go out sometimes, they don't bring their g/f's, but they always talk about their relationships, and b/c I am not in one, I can't contribute. A couple of my friends have already and are going to get married soon too...

People always ask you too, "are you in a relationship?" even older people...it's like people can't rest until you have someone in your life! I think a lot of people feel the same way as you, but just aren't brave enough to admit it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #142
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
The cheating and the dishonesty are the parts of being in a relationship that scare me. No one's ever cheated on me, but I can only imagine what a kick to the groin that must be...especially if you've been 100% faithful and haven't even looked at another person:

I'll tell you one thing...Its the WORST!! to be cheated on! Especially after 6 years of knowing someone...Ironically, I stopped talking to my ex completly about 2 months ago, and I never heard from her again....till this morning when her email is sitting in my box....with a long apology letter...of course i go nuts reading it..the whole "im sorry" and "i miss this and that and doing this and that"... ahhhh!!!! I'm going to go nuts!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #143
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253
I'll tell you one thing...Its the WORST!! to be cheated on! Especially after 6 years of knowing someone...Ironically, I stopped talking to my ex completly about 2 months ago, and I never heard from her again....till this morning when her email is sitting in my box....with a long apology letter...of course i go nuts reading it..the whole "im sorry" and "i miss this and that and doing this and that"... ahhhh!!!! I'm going to go nuts!!
she cheated on you? if you get back with her we'll all slap you in your face! don't buy into her crap, my ex did the same thing. :mad: :mad: smack

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #144
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
As for cheating..

If my significant other wants to cheat or is unhappy.. i rather have him atleast tell me than me find out from other people. Its not so much being hurt, but its being made a fool of. Knowin that other ppl know that im being screwed, and yet im sitting here expressing how great our relationship is. Ooo id be SO mad. Thankfully ive never been cheated on, but if its gonna happen.. the sooner the better so i can move on..
      01-18-2006, 04:57 PM   #145
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by db17k
she cheated on you? if you get back with her we'll all slap you in your face! don't buy into her crap, my ex did the same thing. :mad: :mad: smack
ha....i think my friends told me the same thing this morning when i called them..it just hurts alot! to know that the one person you turned to just up and left you as if you were nothing!! she has the audacity to say "you are still my soulmate" If i was your soulmate, you woulda never done what you did!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #146
spitfire6000
NJ NYC BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Monaco/Beige

well im 19 living in the NE US and ive gotta say being single is AMAZING.

I had a serious girlfriend from 16-18 but once i ended that my entire life changed and became alot more in the fast lane.

Being single is the best thing that could ever happen to someone. Especially if youre under 30.

Sooner or later, an individual will learn exactly what to say to a girl as well as what they want deep in their minds. Its all about ur attitude, but looks help alot too especially in my part of the world.

The way i figure it....you only live one life....why not try to experience every woman there is? otherwise youll be married and thinking what if?

Oh and about the girls saying they have boyfriends, OBVIOUSLY....
have you ever met a HOT girl that doesnt have a boyfriend? Its not the point that she has a BF....since girls like that will always have some kind of boyfriend at all times since there are constantly guys lining up for them. The thing to do is take them away from their BFs and make them yours...until someone comes by with better game than you and takes them away from you

jeez and wats with all these pussy bmw guys on this board saying how theyre afraid to get cheated on? grow a fcking ball sack. Youre making the rest of us look bad.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #147
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
As for cheating..

If my significant other wants to cheat or is unhappy.. i rather have him atleast tell me than me find out from other people. Its not so much being hurt, but its being made a fool of. Knowin that other ppl know that im being screwed, and yet im sitting here expressing how great our relationship is. Ooo id be SO mad. Thankfully ive never been cheated on, but if its gonna happen.. the sooner the better so i can move on..

Yup..I agree with you..If you are unhappy.just say it..Don't make me find out another way! I found out by finding a picture of her with that guy on hi5.com (kinda like my*******..I was double surprised when I went to that guys page and saw him toungen her down.... :mad: her excuse was you just broke up with me (she stopped calling me and stuff..what else are my options..I tried to make it work), and I went out and got really drunk and we were dared to kiss..I didnt know this happened till you showed me the picture..... Do I really look that dumb!?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #148
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Yup..I agree with you..If you are unhappy.just say it..Don't make me find out another way! I found out by finding a picture of her with that guy on hi5.com (kinda like my*******..I was double surprised when I went to that guys page and saw him toungen her down.... :mad: her excuse was you just broke up with me (she stopped calling me and stuff..what else are my options..I tried to make it work), and I went out and got really drunk and we were dared to kiss..I didnt know this happened till you showed me the picture..... Do I really look that dumb!?
Wow thats messed up! My x got super mad at me cause i had a "sexy" pic on myspace.. it wasnt bad at all! I cant even imagine seeing what u saw. But shes a pretty stupid person to post a picture like that. If your gonna cheat, do it the right way. Shoooot...
      01-18-2006, 05:20 PM   #149
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Wow thats messed up! My x got super mad at me cause i had a "sexy" pic on myspace.. it wasnt bad at all! I cant even imagine seeing what u saw. But shes a pretty stupid person to post a picture like that. If your gonna cheat, do it the right way. Shoooot...
Exactly..thats what I said! lol...Keep everything on the DL and make sure noone finds out! Heck...If I were to cheat, noone would ever know!

It just kills me inside...and for some reason, I keep reading the email over and over...and I'm trying to analyze it...And whether or not I should even bother replying...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:06 PM   #150
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Exactly..thats what I said! lol...Keep everything on the DL and make sure noone finds out! Heck...If I were to cheat, noone would ever know!

It just kills me inside...and for some reason, I keep reading the email over and over...and I'm trying to analyze it...And whether or not I should even bother replying...
For as much as it probably hurts, I would delete it and forget she even sent it to you. She probably now just realizes what a mistake she made and wants you to forget about what happened. I could never do that. I'd show her I was literally carved out of wood by telling her to get bent.

Oh, and I'm sorry I made all the other BMW drivers here look bad by saying cheating would upset me

But in all seriousness, I'm an honest person and treat others honestly, and I expect the same in return. Cheating is fighting dirty in my book--like wearing brass knuckles or having nails in a baseball bat, and no one will tell me otherwise. If I'd ever feel the need to cheat, I think I'd owe it to the other person to end the relationship first. It's the only right and fair way to do things. At least, that's how I'd do it anway.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #151
db17k
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
ha....i think my friends told me the same thing this morning when i called them..it just hurts alot! to know that the one person you turned to just up and left you as if you were nothing!! she has the audacity to say "you are still my soulmate" If i was your soulmate, you woulda never done what you did!
Holyshit i think we've got the same EX, my ex cheated and hide it from me, i found out by driving to her house and seeing the doods car parked in the drive way, i said F*ck you, we :talked", I was a dumbass and got back with her for 3 weeks, cheated on her with 3 girls during that time (you know those girls that have a crush on you but you've got a girlfriend so it's no bueno, well thats out the window) didn't feel any better after my revenge that i didn't/still haven't told her about, we then get into another bad fight with name calling then she says this "well oh yeah, i screwed that guy again last week behind your back" so i said F*ck you yet again but this time i meant it. she still calls every now and again leaving messages and sending text messages with that soulmate crap and i still love you. I don't reply, because i don't want to encourage any contact between us but I'd still like to tell her to f*ck off.

BTW we were together for 2 years and this happened about 2 years ago, I STILL get text messages from her, especially around the holidays

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #152
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by db17k
Holyshit i think we've got the same EX, my ex cheated and hide it from me, i found out by driving to her house and seeing the doods car parked in the drive way, i said F*ck you, we :talked", I was a dumbass and got back with her for 3 weeks, cheated on her with 3 girls during that time (you know those girls that have a crush on you but you've got a girlfriend so it's no bueno, well thats out the window) didn't feel any better after my revenge that i didn't/still haven't told her about, we then get into another bad fight with name calling then she says this "well oh yeah, i screwed that guy again last week behind your back" so i said F*ck you yet again but this time i meant it. she still calls every now and again leaving messages and sending text messages with that soulmate crap and i still love you. I don't reply, because i don't want to encourage any contact between us but I'd still like to tell her to f*ck off.
WOw....yeah...we prob do have the same ex...kiniving pieces of $h*t.....I would totally not mind getting back with her to get back at her..but I don't think I'll do that b/c I'll probably be the one to be in more pain at the end!!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:23 PM   #153
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
For as much as it probably hurts, I would delete it and forget she even sent it to you. She probably now just realizes what a mistake she made and wants you to forget about what happened. I could never do that. I'd show her I was literally carved out of wood by telling her to get bent.

Oh, and I'm sorry I made all the other BMW drivers here look bad by saying cheating would upset me

But in all seriousness, I'm an honest person and treat others honestly, and I expect the same in return. Cheating is fighting dirty in my book--like wearing brass knuckles or having nails in a baseball bat, and no one will tell me otherwise. If I'd ever feel the need to cheat, I think I'd owe it to the other person to end the relationship first. It's the only right and fair way to do things. At least, that's how I'd do it anway.

She's kinda betrayed me in the past...I forgave her many times....Never "did" anything that I know of..but flirting was done and what not.....I also never had the satisfaction of feeling that her friends knew about us, while my friends knew all about us (we're indian...so theres this whole dumb culture thing....however, it shouldnt matter for friends..family i can understand..but not friends). I figured since I've known her since she was 15 and I was 17..she needed time to grow..however, now im 23 and shes 21, and shoulda matured by now and should know whether or not she wants me or not..she knows what i have to offer and what kinda man i am...however, she once again played me..but this time I caught her.. a picture will always say a thousand words...
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #154
db17k
Rep

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
She's kinda betrayed me in the past...I forgave her many times....Never "did" anything that I know of..but flirting was done and what not.....I also never had the satisfaction of feeling that her friends knew about us, while my friends knew all about us (we're indian...so theres this whole dumb culture thing....however, it shouldnt matter for friends..family i can understand..but not friends). I figured since I've known her since she was 15 and I was 17..she needed time to grow..however, now im 23 and shes 21, and shoulda matured by now and should know whether or not she wants me or not..she knows what i have to offer and what kinda man i am...however, she once again played me..but this time I caught her.. a picture will always say a thousand words...
don't get back with her, because in the end you will still feel loney and more hurt, my advice, is date older chicks, they've got most of that game playing out of their system.

Appreciate 0