BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

07-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #463
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I assume you are referencing the moon landing? That is coming up, isn't it? In like a week.

Half a century - man that is crazy.

I walked out a few nights ago, saw a half-moon, pointed my finger up and said aloud "We WENT there 50 years ago"

10:37 pm EST, July 20, 1969. IIRC.

Don't tell that I may have consumed Mike's Cranberry hard lemonade (tall boy) when I am supposed to be on call.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent9573.50

07-11-2019, 03:34 PM   #464
adc100
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

I have a friend who is very intelligent that believes man did not set foot on the moon.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #465
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I have a friend who is very intelligent that believes man did not set foot on the moon.
Because we couldn't get there from a flat planet?

I KNOW there is life on other planets, and I'm reasonably intelligent on standard testing scales, around 135 IQ:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 05:54 PM   #466
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Because we couldn't get there from a flat planet?

I KNOW there is life on other planets, and I'm reasonably intelligent on standard testing scales, around 135 IQ:
Is that 45c, in Europe?
      07-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #467
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Threat level: Midnight?

Threat level raised to 'critical' for UK ships in Iranian waters https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48956547
      07-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #468
irishbimmer
Major
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
I walked out a few nights ago, saw a half-moon, pointed my finger up and said aloud "We WENT there 50 years ago"

10:37 pm EST, July 20, 1969. IIRC.

Don't tell that I may have consumed Mike's Cranberry hard lemonade (tall boy) when I am supposed to be on call.
I saw it on black and white tv, babysitting for 50 cents an hour, the going rate.
      07-11-2019, 09:13 PM   #469
anglo
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

They must miss bend over Barry!
      07-11-2019, 11:36 PM   #470
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

It seems so amazing that both the US AND Russia went to space with what seems such limited tech. Each country got behind an ideal and did the impossible

These days with the global sharing we just need to get a goal. There is no lack of ability just a lack of direction. We have global communication in the palms of our hands

You whippersnappers get your duck in a row and do SOMETHING. If challenged you could get a million likes. Drop that incentive to be correct. Create teleportation. End intolerance. Get us a base on Mars. Cure cancer
Appreciate 2
Run Silent9573.50
Now_Rudi4818.00

07-12-2019, 02:23 AM   #471
Ivan Ivanov
First Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: X1, X3

Quote:
It seems so amazing that both the US AND Russia went to space with what seems such limited tech. Each country got behind an ideal and did the impossible
Priorities have changed: before it was important went to space, now it is more important to like cats in instagram.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent9573.50
SoCalS2k244.50
Now_Rudi4818.00

07-12-2019, 06:37 AM   #472
DonaldPump
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Conspiracy theorist

Everyone knows we sent men 293,000 miles to the moon and back 50 years ago when computers had a fraction of the processing power and memory of our cell phones. If only NASA hadn’t lost the technology.

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize” - Voltaire
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 12:10 PM   #473
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Another Sunday passed and another week still waiting for that supposed evidence that the drone was in international air

Still no evidence provided and they still hoping this gets brushed under the rug

See you next Sunday with the same post
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:00 PM   #474
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Another Sunday passed and another week still waiting for that supposed evidence that the drone was in international air

Still no evidence provided and they still hoping this gets brushed under the rug

Perhaps the evidence was collected from classified sources and the United States would prefer to avoid disclosing these collection methods and sources to our enemies?

Naw, that couldn't be it. I'm sure it's your conspiracy theory that's correct. Let's go with that one. lol.

07-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #475
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Perhaps the evidence was collected from classified sources and the United States would prefer to avoid disclosing these collection methods and sources to our enemies?

Naw, that couldn't be it. I'm sure it's your conspiracy theory that's correct. Let's go with that one. lol.

How would coming out and giving exact coordinates of where it was reveal any sources? Or better yet some footage from its camera showing what it was looking at when it was shot so we get an idea of where it might be.

They didn't have any problem showing us footage from that same drone when it took pictures of boats the few days before did they?

You can call my ideas conspiracy theory and I can call your idea a conspiracy theory too since there's no evidence n either direction. So for now the silence is defeating. Is anything this clouded in mystery justification for war?

Hardly!

Hope more ppl can think for themselves especially when these guys start asking for war yet again in another month
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:39 PM   #476
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How would coming out and giving exact coordinates of where it was reveal any sources? Or better yet some footage from its camera showing what it was looking at when it was shot so we get an idea of where it might be.

They didn't have any problem showing us footage from that same drone when it took pictures of boats the few days before did they?

You can call my ideas conspiracy theory and I can call your idea a conspiracy theory too since there's no evidence n either direction. So for now the silence is defeating. Is anything this clouded in mystery justification for war?

Hardly!

Hope more ppl can think for themselves especially when these guys start asking for war yet again in another month
Silence is Deafening
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #477
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:

Keep waiting. :

07-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #478
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:

Keep waiting. :
No one is waiting because it will never come. Just highlighting something that they are hoping will go away just like the Epstein story.

Wish the smart ppl would start paying attention again

United States of Distraction someone told me once, it seems so true now
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #479
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Iran state television said Thursday that the regime seized a foreign tanker along with its 12-member crew. The admission comes after an oil tanker based in the United Arab Emirates disappeared earlier this week.

The Revolutionary Guard forces intercepted the ship in the Strait of Hormuz, south of Iran’s Larak Island.

The Panamanian-flagged oil tanker MT Riah stopped transmitting its location overnight on Sunday near Qeshm Island, which has a Revolutionary Guard base on it, according to data listed on tracking site Maritime Traffic.

Iran’s state television did not identify the seized vessel, but said it was intercepted on Sunday. According to the Associated Press, the admission contradicts a statement made by Iran’s Foreign Ministry on Wednesday that said it offered assistance to a foreign oil tanker with a malfunction.

https://www.apnews.com/2d94f2b673b74940b26db541e9eeb262

07-18-2019, 10:18 AM   #480
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Iran state television said Thursday that the regime seized a foreign tanker along with its 12-member crew. The admission comes after an oil tanker based in the United Arab Emirates disappeared earlier this week.

The Revolutionary Guard forces intercepted the ship in the Strait of Hormuz, south of Iran's Larak Island.

The Panamanian-flagged oil tanker MT Riah stopped transmitting its location overnight on Sunday near Qeshm Island, which has a Revolutionary Guard base on it, according to data listed on tracking site Maritime Traffic.

Iran's state television did not identify the seized vessel, but said it was intercepted on Sunday. According to the Associated Press, the admission contradicts a statement made by Iran's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday that said it offered assistance to a foreign oil tanker with a malfunction.

https://www.apnews.com/2d94f2b673b74940b26db541e9eeb262

Probably totally unrelated to taking their tanker by U.K.s brave soldiers. Totally unrelated
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #481
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

BUT, was it in international air space, or Iran's at the time, hmmmm?
Appreciate 1
SoCalS2k244.50

07-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #482
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Probably totally unrelated to taking their tanker by U.K.s brave soldiers. Totally unrelated
Well, the Iranian ship was violating sanctions and international law and this tanker was doing no such thing - however, from Iran's point of view - where they don't agree with the sanctions placed on them, then it could simply be 'payback'. Up to you on how you want to interpret it, I guess.

Quote:
Depends on how you define international waters. If by Iranian standards, than it was probably in their waters, just like the other 800+ ships that transit through there every 24 hours.

If my the standards of every other country on earth and by maritime law - then it was in international waters.

Again, Up to you on how you want to interpret it, I guess.
      07-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #483
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Well, the Iranian ship was violating sanctions and international law and this tanker was doing no such thing - however, from Iran's point of view - where they don't agree with the sanctions placed on them, then it could simply be 'payback'. Up to you on how you want to interpret it, I guess.

Quote:
Depends on how you define international waters. If by Iranian standards, than it was probably in their waters, just like the other 800+ ships that transit through there every 24 hours.

If my the standards of every other country on earth and by maritime law - then it was in international waters.

Again, Up to you on how you want to interpret it, I guess.
Sanctions aren't international law

They can just say they have sanctioned all tankers and it's just as valid as our sanctions. Sanctions are just as valid as yo can enforce it with military

For us we enforce sanctions as if it's a law because we are preparing for a war. Vietnam and Iraq were the same exact pattern!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #484
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sanctions aren't international law
If you could find where I said that, it would be quite helpful. But I imagine you won't, since you tend to make up stuff that fits your narrative.

Quote:
Well, the Iranian ship was violating sanctions and international law
They violated sanctions and violated international law noted below:

Selling oil to Syria was a violation of International law, Law of Nations, subsection War and armed conflict, paragraph Advisory opinion on the promoting a country that violates the "Legality of the Threat or Use of Chemical Weapons."