BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches

10-30-2015, 11:15 AM   #1
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Samsung Galaxy Gear S2 Classic

I recently came across this, and I'm intrigued enough that I'm contemplating purchasing one. I was wondering if anyone had one and was willing to offer a review?

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/wea...SM-R7320ZKAXAR

Appreciate 0
      11-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #2
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

You could wait a few days for the Tag Heuer Connected to be released (09 Nov). The rumored cost is around $1400-1800, but it will have upgradable hardware.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/paullamk...vember-launch/
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 01:53 PM   #3
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX1942 View Post
You could wait a few days for the Tag Heuer Connected to be released (09 Nov). The rumored cost is around $1400-1800, but it will have upgradable hardware.

Thanks for the tip, I'll def. keep my eye out. I went ahead and picked up the Gear 2. I've had it for about a week now, and am pretty pleased with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
Rep
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I've had the Moto 360 for about a year now. I can honestly say I'm over it. The novelty of having a smart watch got old pretty quick. With it constantly buzzing and telling me the exact same thing my phone is telling me got really frustrating at times. With all these companies releasing smart watches the market is flooded. While they are getting more intuitive, I really don't see a use for them, other than telling the time, which I usually check my phone for it anyways.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:45 PM   #5
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I've been reading the news releases about it as of this morning. Honestly, the internals don't impress me that much. The Gear 2 has a dual core processor, 512MB/ram and 4GB of storage space, in addition to a 50hr battery (vs 1 day for the TAG). Outside of the processor in the TAG (1.6ghz dual core Intel Atom) and 1GB/RAM instead of 512MB, the rest of the functions (audio streaming, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi, 4GB of memory, all-day battery life, and a microphone to communicate via Google voice control, IP67 water-resistance rated, as well). No NFC, but it does have a Ti case.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817...069TX1K0001121

http://www.cnet.com/products/tag-heuer-connected-watch/
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 05:15 AM   #6
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep

However, the TAG screen is a dual screen unit - when not in use, it still displays a Carrera face with moving hands, and once tapped turns on the backlight for the secondary screen. This creates the sense that the watch is like a normal mechanical time piece. + you get to trade it in in 2 years for a Carrera Heuer 01 (pretty nice watch at that) for another $1500. So technically, you're sort of "borrowing" the Connected until you trade in and get a permanent mechanical. Interesting business concept. This is a cool watch only if you're the sort of person that's into Swiss watches. Like you said, the tech part of it isn't that high tech.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 05:17 AM   #7
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep

For the record, I'm more into mechanical watches, however, I think the smart watch scene is pretty interesting to follow. I just can't fathom giving up wearing a watch I already own for a smartwatch that becomes obsolete. Once is like fine wine, the other like craft beer. Only one of them lasts for decades.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2015, 05:45 AM   #8
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
For the record, I'm more into mechanical watches, however, I think the smart watch scene is pretty interesting to follow. I just can't fathom giving up wearing a watch I already own for a smartwatch that becomes obsolete. Once is like fine wine, the other like craft beer. Only one of them lasts for decades.
Wise word's that I won't try to touch.
My biggest concern with all these so called "smart" watches and fitness bracelet's is that you have an permament electromagnetic field, positioned on the worst location on your body ever.
Your wrist. Where all the blood vessels, vene's, nerve's are only hidden by a few mm of skin.
What I want to just carefully point out is, that an constant magnetic field, on one of the bodie's life-location's ( chinese medicine ) doe's have influence in one way or another on your body.
It has been also rumoured that electromagnetic radiation cause's cancer, for example mobile phone's.
So when it's rumoured you put in jeapardy your health, by using mobile phone's occassionally....what do you think then, can cause a "smart" watch beeing worn to the closest, on your body...in your body, 18h a day, every day?
See? Don't buy "smart" ...just be SMART!
Get yourself a nice mechanical time piece and don't get trapped by nothing but just hype. Because at the end, one day the hype will be over and you will be gonna held responsible for what you've done to your body, not them...you all alone...just you.

Last edited by vsix; 11-10-2015 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
DeltaFX1942
Stormtrooper
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
Wise word's that I won't try to touch.
So when it's rumoured you put in jeapardy your health, by using mobile phone's occassionally....what do you think then, can cause a "smart" watch beeing worn to the closest, on your body...in your body, 18h a day, every day?
See? Don't buy "smart" ...just be SMART!
What's ironic about this is that these smart watches try to play the fitness/health card (with the exception of the Tag Connected). All the heart rate monitors, etc. Instead of staying healthy they might possibly lead to more complications in the distant future.
Appreciate 1