BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-25-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep
Drives: GTI | 982 4.0

Project Cars is hard...

Using an Xbox controller. Makes me feel like I can't drive. Any easier with a steering wheel?

Turned off traction control and tried taking the 1M around the 'ring and just became very acquainted with the walls.
      01-25-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post
Using an Xbox controller. Makes me feel like I can't drive. Any easier with a steering wheel?

Turned off traction control and tried taking the 1M around the 'ring and just became very acquainted with the walls.
I'm assuming you're using a PC.

Haven't played that game in a while, but I door remember adjusting the steering sensitivity or something in the controller options menu. I'm sure if you google "Project Car's Xbox controller settings" you'll get something.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2017, 09:46 PM   #3
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyasaxa View Post

I'm assuming you're using a PC.

Haven't played that game in a while, but I door remember adjusting the steering sensitivity or something in the controller options menu. I'm sure if you google "Project Car's Xbox controller settings" you'll get something.
Yeah on PC. thanks. I'll check out google for that.
      01-25-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Was one of the original backers during development - the game is much, much better with a wheel. I never got the hang of it with a controller.

Pretty good sticky for the controller on the forums here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...guration-Guide

These files are pretty critical if you do end up with a wheel:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Tweaker-Files

Enjoy! Game's a bit buggy and annoying sometimes, but there is a fantastic racing simulator in there when it works.
Appreciate 1
hoyasaxa691.00
      01-26-2017, 03:40 AM   #5
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Using a Thrustmaster steering wheel with pedals here. No option with a console controller to play race games, except you using one with a little steering wheel on it, had seen such things somewhere onto a game fair.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2017, 05:33 PM   #6
hoyasaxa
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
Was one of the original backers during development - the game is much, much better with a wheel. I never got the hang of it with a controller.

Pretty good sticky for the controller on the forums here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...guration-Guide

These files are pretty critical if you do end up with a wheel:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-Tweaker-Files

Enjoy! Game's a bit buggy and annoying sometimes, but there is a fantastic racing simulator in there when it works.
Thanks, I have done these things to the controller settings. Coupled with turning on the assists (traction and stability control) it has helped dramatically. It still is very difficult to drive quickly, but at least the car is controllable.

I have noticed, at least with the 1M, that there is a lot of lift-off oversteer. Is that the car? The game? My controls? Reality?
      01-26-2017, 06:45 PM   #7
crowtrobot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Can't say for sure about the 1M, haven't driven one in real life, but it seems reasonable from watching the Chris Harris videos. Can try increasing the decel lock in the tuning screens to tone it down, or loosen the rear anti-roll bar. The assists will help as well. I think games have conditioned people to turn all the assists off immediately as a show of skill, but the reality is high performance cars can be quite the handful without them, and even more so when you're driving without any physical feedback.

What I can say, is that I made a modified copy of the 1M which I detuned down to 128i spec, and it feels pretty damn close to my real car, driving on Watkins and some of the public road tracks.
Appreciate 0