BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-06-2020, 10:24 AM   #1
Aalmond535
New to posts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i xdrive

2010 535xi E60 with Brake light on dash that won’t go out

I have an E60, built in 10/2009 which now has 94k miles, but is still a solid ride. I recently had an electrical fault which took some diagnosis, but resulted in being a burned out braided grounding cable. There were several faults on the dash which were able to be cleared via the OBD, but the brake light on the dash remained on and the onboard computer reports brakes being 15000k past due for service. The rear brakes had almost full pads and the fronts had just less than half. Unable to clear the error via three different OBD readers at two mechanics, we decided to replace the front brakes and sensors. This didn’t change the BRAKE light sensor on the dash or the computer reporting the brakes were past due.
Does anyone have advice on how to reset this? Do i have to go to the dealer for this?

Thanks in advance, sorry if there is a thread on this already, i did a few searches and came up with nothing.
Alec
Appreciate 0