BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

10-16-2023, 10:56 AM   #1
Gmanlopez
Rep
Drives: 2007 530I

Garage List
2007 bmw 530i  [0.00]
Good Battery - No power.

Hello, Can anyone help ? went to start car, no crank only dash lights went on.
Called AAA to jump start. Didn't work. Was told it might be the starter. Took it off to get tested. Tested fine at AutoZone. Unfortunatly did not disconnect the battery before. I must have shorted out cause after reinstalling starter car is now completely dead. I tested some fuses behind the rear fuse panel. They tested having continuity. What did i Short out ?

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 04:51 AM   #2
Machinecz
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 , E63 , E64

There is often an issue with the cable that runs from the battery to the front of the vehicle. Its defect manifests in the grommet from the trunk beneath the vehicle, located above the left rear axle. BMW offers a free recall for this particular defect, and it's necessary to contact BMW with the car's VIN to check if it's current. Another common issue is the stranding cable of the engine or a faulty starter
Appreciate 0