BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

02-15-2021, 06:47 PM   #1
Haricot_E60
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 535I

Loss of power after new battery (2010 535i LCI)

Hi all, I recently had my battery replaced with OEM spec and registered to the vehicle. After driving it it feels like I don't have full power under ~5k RPM. Once I'm past that the car feels like it should. Prior to the replacement car for throwing over/under voltage codes for the EKPS. Replaced the battery on their recommendation. I asked the tech about it he said the car takes a hundred miles or so to "relearn". Anyone here have any experience with this or have any input?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 01:34 PM   #2
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Garage List
I also get some overvoltage codes on e61 and my battery is on the way out. interested to see what happened after all in your case. do you still have the issue or did it fix itself?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 10:59 PM   #3
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haricot_E60 View Post
Hi all, I recently had my battery replaced with OEM spec and registered to the vehicle. After driving it it feels like I don't have full power under ~5k RPM. Once I'm past that the car feels like it should. Prior to the replacement car for throwing over/under voltage codes for the EKPS. Replaced the battery on their recommendation. I asked the tech about it he said the car takes a hundred miles or so to "relearn". Anyone here have any experience with this or have any input?

Thanks in advance!
I never had that issue when I coded in a new battery. I should get an OBD2 reader and check the error codes.
Appreciate 0