BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-25-2020, 10:33 AM   #111
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
So discounting the new camera... for anyone with a well working X, is this a legit upgrade? I am leaning towards no.
I have an XS and not upgrading. Been working perfectly fine for last few years. Maybe I’ll upgrade in a year or two.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 10:59 AM   #112
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I have an XS and not upgrading. Been working perfectly fine for last few years. Maybe I’ll upgrade in a year or two.
yes because as I've mentioned a few times... we've reached the point of diminishing returns in phones... outside of a few HW upgrades that can be made... i.e. camera, 5g etc... nothing else of "true use" can come from a phone. The chips in the X going back 3 years are fast enough to handle almost everything and the SW is already optimized.

This is not like where we want from the 2 to the 3 or the 8 to the X... where there was significantly noticeable differences.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 11:08 AM   #113
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
So discounting the new camera... for anyone with a well working X, is this a legit upgrade? I am leaning towards no.
At this point, the only thing that will pry my X out of my cold, dead, twitching hands would be 5G ultra-wideband service being available locally. Given that we don't even have the lame 5G "nationwide" service here yet, my X may be the last phone that I ever buy.

On a side note, the emergency on-call phone provided by my employer is a 7 Plus. Other than the battery now needing to be charged every 2-3 days and not 5+ days like when it was new, it is also working fine for my needs.....
      11-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #114
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
yes because as I've mentioned a few times... we've reached the point of diminishing returns in phones... outside of a few HW upgrades that can be made... i.e. camera, 5g etc... nothing else of "true use" can come from a phone. The chips in the X going back 3 years are fast enough to handle almost everything and the SW is already optimized.

This is not like where we want from the 2 to the 3 or the 8 to the X... where there was significantly noticeable differences.
Yeah like I mentioned in my comment, I don't see it as a valuable upgrade unless you really want that camera. She had switched onto my phone plan and the carrier gave her a solid $250 credit. With that along with the trade-in value of her X, the 12 was relatively inexpensive.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10051.00
      11-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #115
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Camera is better even with 11. But it’s not enough to justify $700+ for it. If i want high quality photos I would simply bring the mirrorless camera. Otherwise the XS is good enough for my needs. I only considered the 12 if my parents wanted it or if they want my XS but they said no so that’s that.
Appreciate 1
JasonDot579.50
      11-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #116
JasonDot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, X3 and 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Camera is better even with 11. But it’s not enough to justify $700+ for it. If i want high quality photos I would simply bring the mirrorless camera. Otherwise the XS is good enough for my needs. I only considered the 12 if my parents wanted it or if they want my XS but they said no so that’s that.
That's correct about the 11. The 11 Pro Max has better daytime contrast.
Appreciate 0