BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

11-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #155
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Hold on a sec. I thought the vast majority of 60%+ of Ontarios energy comes from Nuclear and less then 5% is solar so that can't be the only reason for Ontario's high power prices.
I believe your numbers are right, but Ontario spent something like $7 Billion with Samsung alone on Green Energy, Ontario also gives huge subsidies to Green Energy farms (wind and solar) which produce energy at substantially higher cost than Nuclear, Ontario in fact produces way more electricity than it needs and then they give it to Quebec, New York and Michigan and then do to all of this Green Energy they have to charge the highest rates in North America to the end users.

My electricity bill has more than doubled in the last few years, thank god I'm not heating with it because it would cripple my family. So the idea that the government is now going to fix fossil fuel use they way they've fixed hydro scares the shit out of me. I'm telling you there is no way this will be revenue neutral, i've provided 5 or 6 articles that show that BC's carbon tax isn't revenue neutral. Taxes go up, they always go up and mark my words that is what will happen with Prime Minister Dress Up's "Pollution Fee".
Appreciate 1
________2135.50

12-07-2018, 06:19 PM   #156
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Trudeau's only plan is to tax Canadians, refuses Ontario's plan

I think this makes it clear that Trudeau wants to tax people rather than reduce pollution.

https://www.620ckrm.com/2018/12/07/c...p-in-montreal/
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #157
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
I think this makes it clear that Trudeau wants to tax people rather than reduce pollution.

https://www.620ckrm.com/2018/12/07/c...p-in-montreal/
Could you please supply a link for Scheer's plan to deal with climate change? I can't find anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #158
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Could you please supply a link for Scheer's plan to deal with climate change? I can't find anything.
I don't care about Sheer's plan right now, as I am sure it won't involve taxing hard working Canadian's into the poor house. My point is that Trudeau clearly isn't actually concerned with reducing pollution as it's clearly about taxing us. Ask yourself this, why does the solution have to involve a tax?

Last edited by City Pig; 12-08-2018 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 09:45 PM   #159
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn

Quote:
Scheer does not have a plan.
      12-09-2018, 08:01 AM   #160
TomHudson
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
Scheer does not have a plan.
The usual response when Liberaks get their back up.

The plan is simple, get Trudeau out, and start building a viable Canadian economy again.
Appreciate 1
City Pig6102.00

12-09-2018, 08:35 AM   #161
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHudson View Post

The plan is simple, get Trudeau out, and start building a viable Canadian economy again.
This!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #162
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Not so. I don't like Scheer, and he does not have a plan. He is maybe 10% of the ability and intelligence of Harper.
      12-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #163
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Not so. I don't like Scheer, and he does not have a plan. He is maybe 10% of the ability and intelligence of Harper.
So we should stick with Trudeau?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #164
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So we should stick with Trudeau?
Do what you want, but Scheer is dumber than a load of rocks. The Cons made a terrible choice there.
      12-09-2018, 04:35 PM   #165
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Do what you want, but Scheer is dumber than a load of rocks. The Cons made a terrible choice there.
So, do you Trudeau is smarter than Sheer? I get it, Sheer wouldn't have been my first choice, but frankly a !/2 load of rocks would be better than Mr. Dress Up. Seriously, Trudeau is incompetent. One only has to watch him when he doesn't have a script.
Attached Images

Last edited by City Pig; 12-09-2018 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #166
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So, do you Trudeau is smarter than Sheer? I get it, Sheer wouldn't have been my first choice, but frankly a !/2 load of rocks would be better than Mr. Dress Up. Seriously, Trudeau is incompetent. One only has to watch him when he doesn't have a script.
Trudeau is smarter than Scheer certainly; but JT has pulled some boners on the global scene. The Libs have brought in several things I like - assisted end of life legislation being one. I fear the Cons would re-open abortion laws, and strengthen the christian right, whose general policies I do not favor.

I am not party-affiliated, and have voted both Libs and Cons, depending on the leader, and the party's policies.

At present, the Cons have no policies, other than opposing the Libs. They need to offer some alternative to the Libs, but under Scheer, I am doubtful that will happen. A vote for the Cons will be a vote against the Libs; and not a vote for Cons policy.

I think the choices federally in 2019 are poor.
      12-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #167
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Trudeau is smarter than Scheer certainly; but JT has pulled some boners on the global scene. The Libs have brought in several things I like - assisted end of life legislation being one. I fear the Cons would re-open abortion laws, and strengthen the christian right, whose general policies I do not favor.

I am not party-affiliated, and have voted both Libs and Cons, depending on the leader, and the party's policies.

At present, the Cons have no policies, other than opposing the Libs. They need to offer some alternative to the Libs, but under Scheer, I am doubtful that will happen. A vote for the Cons will be a vote against the Libs; and not a vote for Cons policy.

I think the choices federally in 2019 are poor.
We are miles apart, Trudeau is only PM because of his name. Otherwise the Liberals would likely have elected Marc Garneau as their party leader. He would've been far better. Educated and experienced. Have you ever watched Trudeau speak, if he doesn't have a script, he doesn't have a clue.The conservative aren't going to let the christian right change policy. Nobody is going to touch the abortion issue, damn I'm still waiting for Harpers secret agenda. Christ, the democrats in the US support capital punishment, they are farther right than the conservatives in Canada. The one thing the conservatives would do in Canada is work towards fiscal responsibility, something that Trudeau has zero clue about. I clearly will never convince you but I'm not sure how anyone could think Trudeau is a better choice than my Jack Russell Terrier.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:30 PM   #168
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Typical 'anti-Trudeau' plan...they don't have one. You need to realize something...regardless how bad you think Trudeau is, Scheer is worse. He has yet to provide any solid plan or stance on ANY issue. If the Conservatives intend to govern this country, he needs to go.

My prediction is that the Liberals will win the 2019 election and Scheer will be replaced with someone who knows what they are doing....Peter MacKay should run.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #169
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Typical 'anti-Trudeau' plan...they don't have one. You need to realize something...regardless how bad you think Trudeau is, Scheer is worse. He has yet to provide any solid plan or stance on ANY issue. If the Conservatives intend to govern this country, he needs to go.

My prediction is that the Liberals will win the 2019 election and Scheer will be replaced with someone who knows what they are doing....Peter MacKay should run.
You may be right, but I think Canada will suffer badly with 4 more years of Trudeau.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #170
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
We are miles apart, Trudeau is only PM because of his name. Otherwise the Liberals would likely have elected Marc Garneau as their party leader. He would've been far better. Educated and experienced. Have you ever watched Trudeau speak, if he doesn't have a script, he doesn't have a clue.The conservative aren't going to let the christian right change policy. Nobody is going to touch the abortion issue, damn I'm still waiting for Harpers secret agenda. Christ, the democrats in the US support capital punishment, they are farther right than the conservatives in Canada. The one thing the conservatives would do in Canada is work towards fiscal responsibility, something that Trudeau has zero clue about. I clearly will never convince you but I'm not sure how anyone could think Trudeau is a better choice than my Jack Russell Terrier.
Since I haven't met your Jack Russell Terrier, I cannot comment on whether or not he would be a better choice than Trudeau. You obviously do not have an open mind about Trudeau.

I think my mind is more open on this. If you are assuming that I am an avid Trudeau supporter, you are wrong. He has done several good things, but he has done several foolish things as well. If the Cons had a different leader than Scheer, I can see where they would be more attractive. Fiscal management is not the sole province of the Cons party; previous Lib federal govts (eg, Chretiens, Paul Martins) have been good fiscal managers. The party is bigger than just the leaders, but I don't see the Cons Party policies at this point. Maybe by the time of the federal election, the Cons Party will have set out their policies, and trained Scheer to parrot them, even if their logic escapes him.
      12-09-2018, 05:41 PM   #171
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You may be right, but I think Canada will suffer badly with 4 more years of Trudeau.
Two 'dongs' don't make a right. My thought is a Liberal minority would be the best way to calm everything down for the next 4 years while new party leadership is elected.

I'm a big fan of Peter MacKay and have always thought he would make a great Prime Minister. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:42 PM   #172
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Since I haven't met your Jack Russell Terrier, I cannot comment on whether or not he would be a better choice than Trudeau. You obviously do not have an open mind about Trudeau.

I think my mind is more open on this. If you are assuming that I am an avid Trudeau supporter, you are wrong. He has done several good things, but he has done several foolish things as well. If the Cons had a different leader than Scheer, I can see where they would be more attractive. Fiscal management is not the sole province of the Cons party; previous Lib federal govts (eg, Chretiens) have been good fiscal managers. The party is bigger than just the leaders, but I don't see the Cons Party policies at this point. Maybe by the time of the federal election, the Cons Party will have set out their policies, and trained Scheer to parrot them, even if their logic escapes him.
I don't know if you are an avid Trudeau supporter or not, but I don't think you're terribly open minded if you think Trudeau will do much good for Canada with another 4 year mandate. From where I sit he hasn't kept more than one promise and that is to legalize marijuana and that has been a complete cock up.

The budget hasn't balanced itself, in fact we are now looking at a plan that will take 45 years before we have a balanced budget. The boarder/ illegal immigration issue is out of control, Alberta is getting ruined, he bought a pipeline for $4.5Billion that he clearly can't or won't build. His carbon tax plan is going to drive the cost of living up for each and every Canadian and when presented with an alternative plan that won't impose a tax but still hit the climate targets he refuses. Sheer might not have put forth a policy yet, but I am sure he will leading up to the election and I have no doubt that if elected he will have a big job to right these wrongs. Abortion, end of life etc won't even get talked about because Justin Trudeau and Gerry Butts are turning Canada into a bigger version of the mess here in Ontario.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #173
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Two 'dongs' don't make a right. My thought is a Liberal minority would be the best way to calm everything down for the next 4 years while new party leadership is elected.

I'm a big fan of Peter MacKay and have always thought he would make a great Prime Minister. We'll see.
I'd love to see Peter MacKay run. I think Mad Max would've been a great foil for Trudeau in 2019 but it wasn't meant to be.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #174
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'd love to see Peter MacKay run. I think Mad Max would've been a great foil for Trudeau in 2019 but it wasn't meant to be.
Nah...Bernier has shown his true colors that don't jive with the majority of Canadians. He and his PP Party are doomed.

Canadians want a centralist. Don't rock the boat too much in either direction.
Appreciate 1
City Pig6102.00

12-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #175
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nah...Bernier has shown his true colors that don't jive with the majority of Canadians. He and his PP Party are doomed.

Canadians want a centralist. Don't rock the boat too much in either direction.
I thought Max was a good choice before jumping ship, he's a Quebecer, well spoken way smarter than Trudeau and really pretty middle of the road compared to how far left Trudeau and the liberals have gone in Canada.

I've always believed even a hard right leaning conservative e would only pull Canada closer to the centre. We will likely never find out though.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #176
tuco44
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if you are an avid Trudeau supporter or not, but I don't think you're terribly open minded if you think Trudeau will do much good for Canada with another 4 year mandate. From where I sit he hasn't kept more than one promise and that is to legalize marijuana and that has been a complete cock up.

The budget hasn't balanced itself, in fact we are now looking at a plan that will take 45 years before we have a balanced budget. The boarder/ illegal immigration issue is out of control, Alberta is getting ruined, he bought a pipeline for $4.5Billion that he clearly can't or won't build. His carbon tax plan is going to drive the cost of living up for each and every Canadian and when presented with an alternative plan that won't impose a tax but still hit the climate targets he refuses. Sheer might not have put forth a policy yet, but I am sure he will leading up to the election and I have no doubt that if elected he will have a big job to right these wrongs. Abortion, end of life etc won't even get talked about because Justin Trudeau and Gerry Butts are turning Canada into a bigger version of the mess here in Ontario.
If you read my posts, you will NOT find me saying that Trudeau will be good for Canada with another four year mandate. I only said that Scheer is not the answer, neither for the Cons party, nor for the country. In 2019 (if based on today's info)I don't want to vote for Trudeau; but could not vote for Scheer either (and I would never vote NDP).

You are assuming incorrectly that my dislike for Scheer translates into a love for Trudeau. Nothing is further from the truth.