BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-12-2017, 07:36 AM   #23
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

I hear that new construction gets a body in the cement footers (or is that just in Florida and NY?).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 09:05 AM   #24
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
Our current house is a new construction so nothing here to see except a life long mortgage
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I live in a neighborhood that has a lot of new construction. I walk through the ones that aren't sold yet. Dip cans on joists, trash swept behind walls, sweeping junk from the floors into the hvac vents...ECT. This includes in one of the parade of homes being built..

My old HS friend used to follow his uncle around during the summers doing plumbing work on new builds. Sumppump wells serve a dual purpose as a toilet.
      04-12-2017, 09:16 AM   #25
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtabi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc328 View Post
Our current house is a new construction so nothing here to see except a life long mortgage
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I live in a neighborhood that has a lot of new construction. I walk through the ones that aren't sold yet. Dip cans on joists, trash swept behind walls, sweeping junk from the floors into the hvac vents...ECT. This includes in one of the parade of homes being built..

My old HS friend used to follow his uncle around during the summers doing plumbing work on new builds. Sumppump wells serve a dual purpose as a toilet.
So true. If you ever want to know what built your house, walk through a construction site. Nothing but liquor/beer bottles, empty cig packs, dip cans and chip bags.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 09:52 AM   #26
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BdSM n54iS View Post
that's gotta be a great story behind that one
It was in news long time ago. The most recent story, a guy bought some WW2 era Russian tank, took it apart and found gold in fuel tank.....worth $2.5 mil just happened this or last week
Appreciate 0