BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-27-2016, 04:38 PM   #23
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Complete BS, I use my mbp with retina on full brightness literally until I fall asleep and there are no issues. People on their iphones aren't getting to sleep because they're using social media / watching videos and getting excited. If they had to read really boring shit they would go to sleep in 20 minutes or less.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 03:27 AM   #24
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Helllooooo...it's me... I've been wondering if after all these years...

Ugh it's stuck in my head.

I can't sleep because I'm mad that Instagram is changing so that the feed is no longer chronological. So stupid.

But I'm gonna put my phone down. Maybe.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #25
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
Recently red that iphone displays ( retina ) are responsibel, that people cant sleep @ night/ have a bad sleep.
Any confirmation on that?
The more you stare at things with bright screens at the middle of the night the worse your sleep will be.

Any phone would do this if you are just about to sleep. One of the better ways to get ready to sleep is to just turn everything off before actually going to bed, don't read a book (that is a horrible idea) and relax. The more you stimulate your brain before sleeping, or in bed like looking at your phone, the worse your sleep will get. You pretty much have to calm your mind, kind of like meditating, before sleeping.

There is a reason why lights in an office is usually blue aka colder (the brighter one) and the house lights are warmer aka redish.

It isn't BS fyi. Some people can sleep regardless, others who are light sleepers will be effected. It is completely dependent on the person in question. There are a lot of studies and science behind this, if you do not believe me go google it. Otherwise don't call it BS.
      03-28-2016, 04:41 AM   #26
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
The more you stare at things with bright screens at the middle of the night the worse your sleep will be.

Any phone would do this if you are just about to sleep. One of the better ways to get ready to sleep is to just turn everything off before actually going to bed, don't read a book (that is a horrible idea) and relax. The more you stimulate your brain before sleeping, or in bed like looking at your phone, the worse your sleep will get. You pretty much have to calm your mind, kind of like meditating, before sleeping.

There is a reason why lights in an office is usually blue aka colder (the brighter one) and the house lights are warmer aka redish.

It isn't BS fyi. Some people can sleep regardless, others who are light sleepers will be effected. It is completely dependent on the person in question. There are a lot of studies and science behind this, if you do not believe me go google it. Otherwise don't call it BS.
An missunderstanding occured, it wasn't me that called insomnia from smart phones B.S.
I was the one asking.
Thank you very much, in the name of current and future readers, for your confirmation and detailed explanation.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 05:13 AM   #27
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
don't call it BS.
OK, I've changed my mind. Never bothered me so I figured it was an invented issue
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #28
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix
Quote:

An missunderstanding occured, it wasn't me that called insomnia from smart phones B.S.
I was the one asking.
Thank you very much, in the name of current and future readers, for your confirmation and detailed explanation.
No of course not I mean some can sleep anyway even after a lot of stimulation so they don't believe in it.

You just have to kinda figure out what works for you. That is the trick.
      03-29-2016, 12:12 AM   #29
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

I just woke up and had a strawberry nutri-grain bar with half a cup of almond milk.

I dunno how I'm gonna hit my calorie ceiling. wish I lived next to a farm so I could steal some chickens.

#gainz

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 1
smoosh2211.50
      03-29-2016, 12:13 AM   #30
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Yes, thank you Verbiage for actually posting in the insomniacs thread when it's supposed to get posted in.

*rolls over and goes back to faking sleep*

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:18 AM   #31
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
I like to stay up til 5 or 6 AM because I can (no strict hours for work). Of course the posts always slow to a trickle during these hours. For those USA members who always stay up way too late, introduce yourself in this thread and tell us why you're up when you should be sleeping.
Are we talking actual insomnia, or just staying up late voluntarily? one seems entirely optional, the other is a miserable thing. It usually takes me an hour or two to fall asleep no matter how tired i am. it sucks. i envy people that can just fall asleep when they hit the pillow.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:33 PM   #32
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

what the fuck, I fall asleep at 3am and need 23 alarms to wake up at 10. If I don't have those alarms on, I'll sleep until 5pm
Appreciate 1
shay2nak1070.00
      03-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #33
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstraction View Post
Are we talking actual insomnia, or just staying up late voluntarily? one seems entirely optional, the other is a miserable thing. It usually takes me an hour or two to fall asleep no matter how tired i am. it sucks. i envy people that can just fall asleep when they hit the pillow.
Both. In my case it's mostly voluntary.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:40 PM   #34
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I can go to sleep easy most nights but wake up a lot and always early despite being tired.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #35
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

Quote:
I stay late voluntarily and watch tv or play games cuz i dont have to wake up at 7, i have my alarm for 9am. So the statement is wrong! I dont have problems to sleep and only a can wake me up .
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 04:21 PM   #36
mylydiamy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e93 convertible

I have never been a good sleeper in my life...But I had gotten worse lately. After some searching, I found out that excessive caffeine intake regardless of how many hours before you go to sleep can effect your sleep. So I lowered my caffeine intake from 4 cups of coffee to 2 cups. I am still not a perfect sleeper but it definitely improved my sleep.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 02:57 AM   #37
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Well, I think I may be going through menopause because now I wake up hot AF.

3:56AM on a Friday night in Maryland.

Cue the Drake gifs.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 03:45 AM   #38
ptbarnacle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16- MW M3

I've been waking up in the middle of the night more recently. Stress does some weird stuff. Middle of the night I wake and my mind goes to tasks I need to complete or doubts about outcomes of issues.

But... lately the reason I'm not going back to sleep, more and more, is because I've been waiting for my M3 to go into production, then ship, etc. and logging in is fun. Researching M cars on this forum for a few months didn't help either. Seems like I've been waiting way too long.

It does help me get back to sleep by taking my mind off work and life problems. Reduces the stress. Makes me realize that if I'm waiting for an M3 to arrive, life can't be bad at all.

So I'm up researching MOD's, accessories, pressure washers and soaps, etc., which is keeping me awake. But it then puts me to sleep by relaxing me.

Vicious cycle. 1st World problems.

Did I mention I bought a US Millworks license plate mount tonight? And the ship is only on its first day of its voyage to the West Coast US. At least I'm being productive.
      04-02-2016, 04:35 AM   #39
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbarnacle
I've been waking up in the middle of the night more recently. Stress does some weird stuff. Middle of the night I wake and my mind goes to tasks I need to complete or doubts about outcomes of issues.

But... lately the reason I'm not going back to sleep, more and more, is because I've been waiting for my M3 to go into production, then ship, etc. and logging in is fun. Researching M cars on this forum for a few months didn't help either. Seems like I've been waiting way too long.

It does help me get back to sleep by taking my mind off work and life problems. Reduces the stress. Makes me realize that if I'm waiting for an M3 to arrive, life can't be bad at all.

So I'm up researching MOD's, accessories, pressure washers and soaps, etc., which is keeping me awake. But it then puts me to sleep by relaxing me.

Vicious cycle. 1st World problems.

Did I mention I bought a US Millworks license plate mount tonight? And the ship is only on its first day of its voyage to the West Coast US. At least I'm being productive.
That's a good reason to be awake.

You know, the M part. Lol

And soaps? Did you read the Old Spice thread, too?

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #40
ptbarnacle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16- MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
That's a good reason to be awake.

You know, the M part. Lol

And soaps? Did you read the Old Spice thread, too?
Soaps and the Old Spice thread?
      04-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #41
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Shit, maybe the insomnia got me.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 01:29 AM   #42
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

This is awesome. Changed my cooking life.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #43
Aatish
Lofty
Rep
Drives: i4 M50, 991.2 C2, RRS Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage
Dude!

You should lace that with some roofies. Problem solved!
I4 M50 (coming soon)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #44
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Uh what?
Appreciate 0