BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-05-2017, 01:34 PM   #133
Project Elite
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30

Have been reading this thread daily for new ideas and inspirations.

He hasn't been back on my doorstep for these past two days, at least I haven't seen him camping. I did drive by and saw him down a couple blocks walking in the direction of my house though. He's a nusiance to many neighbors so I think he may be bothering them for now.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #134
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Feed him angel dust brownies so he can hide under Deebo's chicken coop.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #135
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Elite View Post

He hasn't been back on my doorstep for these past two days, at least I haven't seen him camping. I did drive by and saw him down a couple blocks walking in the direction of my house though. He's a nusiance to many neighbors so I think he may be bothering them for now.

Maybe he has been reading this thread and is afraid you are going to call Cattivo in.
      02-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #136
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Install an instant firepit in the front for "aesthetics".
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 04:14 PM   #137
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Feed him angel dust brownies so he can hide under Deebo's chicken coop.
Good sir. Unless Mr Debo has diversified his avian interests, I believe he only keeps pigeons for flipping purposes.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #138
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
And I just that movie for the 68th time the other night.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 03:37 AM   #139
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project Elite View Post

Make sure to remember to ask him, "What did the 5 fingers say to the face?" <wait for it>

SLAP!

Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      02-07-2017, 12:27 AM   #140
Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
My post was a South Park reference.
Damn, and I call myself a South Park fan.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #141
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
One clever way to deal with it city wide - from 1996 -

http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...2&slug=2320280

Supposedly the "prove he has family or a job waiting" really didn't matter much.
When I lived in Calif this suggestion came up as well and people went nuts and said you can not do that to the homeless. Part of the idea was to relocate the homeless to less expense places to live since most of the homeless was due to the high cost of living and cost to rent or buy a home. The other suggest was to move them to Military base down along the coast which the government shut down, they were homes and barracks there the home could live in and there was 3 golf courses as well. Again people when nuts can said we could not force homeless people to live on a military base, it was okay for our military personal but not okay for homeless people
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 09:40 PM   #142
BM235iW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Black Sapphire M235i

Install a speaker (wired or wireless) and play 'Enya's "Sail Away"' on a loop.
Would keep me away.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 11:07 PM   #143
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

A few of these bad boys...

Loftus International Stink Bombs - Pack of 36 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001JX9IU..._7jB6yb7KBTS4F

Or call your friends...

Just remember the difference between a friend and a best friend in the immortal words of Ghallager:

A friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body...

04-09-2017, 02:38 AM   #144
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
When I lived in Calif this suggestion came up as well and people went nuts and said you can not do that to the homeless. Part of the idea was to relocate the homeless to less expense places to live since most of the homeless was due to the high cost of living and cost to rent or buy a home. The other suggest was to move them to Military base down along the coast which the government shut down, they were homes and barracks there the home could live in and there was 3 golf courses as well. Again people when nuts can said we could not force homeless people to live on a military base, it was okay for our military personal but not okay for homeless people
Well I live in California... Orange County specifically in one of the better parts of Santa Ana (yes there are nice parts of Santa Ana) and they found a way to send all the homeless people to lesser places without causing any kind of outrage.

They've set it up so that pretty much all the homeless is getting funneled into the Santa River bed and into Santa Ana itself. Here's how.

1) None of the surrounding areas have "emergency" homeless shelters. Sure they have homeless shelters however they don't have "emergency" homeless shelters. Other types of homeless shelters require a waitlist, background check, and application... however emergency homeless shelters don't require any of that. So for instance when a police officer from Irvine picks up a homeless person in Irvine they are mandated to take them to the nearest "emergency" homeless shelter... guess where that is? In Santa Ana!!!
2) All the surrounding cities have passed regulations that don't allow for free meals for homeless. What that means is that if the good people of Fullerton want to do something good and feed the homeless... they can't legally hold such a food drive in Fullerton. They have to do it in a city that allows it. You know which city that is? You guessed it... Santa Ana.

This allows surrounding cities to legally funnel homeless into Santa Ana without having a direct policy about it. Since a direct policy would cause outrage. Essentially this is like having a bad neighbor kick dog poop from their lawn onto yours and having legal authority to do it.

To make things worse, alot of the Homeless (especially the ones living along the Santa Ana River) don't want to stay in a shelter with rules and regulations since they just want to stay along the river where they can do drugs all day. (Someone mentioned about playing Enya on a continuous loop... hmmm that might be a good idea... get an all weather boombox and stick it in a lock box up on a tree... I'm gonna have to bring that up to my neighbors)

Also the police aren't getting the homeless for loitering anymore since with the new laws they will be back out on the streets that same day. (I think someone mentioned about filing police reports instead of just calling... that way the PD will get tired of filing the reports and come up with ways to keep the homeless out?)

Since Santa Ana is going through a gentrification with all the live/ work lofts, indie bar & resturants, hipster food halls, and coffee shops that recently opened the city is going to need to do something about this.
Appreciate 0