BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-08-2019, 06:40 AM   #1
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Colorado school shooting

Well we have another couple shitbags trying to murder innocent children. The news gave the name of the creeps this morning and I looked them up. The shooters are weirdos and there was a lot of red flags attached to them. The one is a transgender in the process of being something it's not and the other is described as, wait for it.............a Trump hater, oboma lover according to his social media postings. We see a pattern here.
Mental hospitals, prisons aren't working to deter these heinous crimes and I vote for the death penalty for these types of offenses even minor aged convicted. I'm tired of flipping the tv on and seeing stories of dead kids. Since we're adults heres a link on the event and 'suspects'. The more you know.
https://heavy.com/news/2019/05/devon-erickson-devin/
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
      05-08-2019, 06:51 AM   #2
.2pdk
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
The one is a transgender in the process of being something it's not and the other is described as, wait for it.............a Trump hater, oboma lover according to his social media postings. We see a pattern here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again...TDS is getting serious.
Appreciate 3
      05-08-2019, 07:12 AM   #3
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Is there anything to indicate that this shooting is politically motivated, at all?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 07:12 AM   #4
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Even in Colorado this didn't make that big of a splash.

Would never want to make that connection between transgender-ism and mental illness

Whoops
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 3
      05-08-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Is there anything to indicate that this shooting is politically motivated, at all?
Nah, just a couple of mentally ill youth poisoned by the diseased ideology of progressivism.
Appreciate 3
      05-08-2019, 07:25 AM   #6
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Nah, just a couple of mentally ill youth...
In that case it is more than a little distasteful to dishonor the victims of this shooting by attempting to turn it into a dart to be thrown at political opponents, IMO.

My thoughts go out to the families of the victims. We need to figure out a way to curb this problem - and no, I don't think more "gun control" is the answer.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13942.50
minn195519.50

05-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #7
Savageenterprise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xdrive

Garage List
I agree. Conspiring or plotting to kill innocent children should be the death penalty. OR maybe make a new penalty called the torture penalty. Let's see how many school shootings or innocent child killings there are after that

In any event it's sad horrible news but there are lots of just straight crazy people. There was a story on my new channel the other day that this guy in Queens, NY burned his daughter alive by setting his car on fire then chaining the doors so that nobody could get in or out of the car. She was 3 years old.... No weapons, just a car, chains and gas cans.

It made me sick to read about that. Like how could you even think about doing something so terrible? Life is not fair

2018 340ix 6MT//BSM//Coral Red int//Alum Dark Carbon//19 in 704M double spoke Orbit Grey OEM wheels//CF side mirror caps//CF trunk lid spoiler//Dinan mid pipe res delete//BMS intake//Active Autowerke A8//Gloss Black M style grills//IND BSM Reflectors
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13942.50

05-08-2019, 07:35 AM   #8
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
I agree. Conspiring or plotting to kill innocent children should be the death penalty. OR maybe make a new penalty called the torture penalty. Let's see how many school shootings or innocent child killings there are after that
I suspect it won't do a damn thing other than prompt the vermin to commit suicide after the deed...
Appreciate 3
DonaldPump5406.00
MKSixer13942.50

05-08-2019, 07:40 AM   #9
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My thoughts go out to the families of the victims. We need to figure out a way to curb this problem - and no, I don't think more "gun control" is the answer.
Here are a few starters to curb the issue:

1. Stop pumping kids full of psychotropic drugs.
2. Stop pushing transgender-ism to kids who aren't even in kindergarden yet.
3. Instill Christian values in your kids or at least give them some kind of moral compass.
4. Stop giving phones to kids and giving them free roam of the internet.
5. Remove all gun-free zones which serve to only make shooters jobs easier.

But hey, what do I know?
Appreciate 11
Delta03117023.00
MKSixer13942.50
arkie6300.50
SakhirM49306.00
ny325444.50
xander_g685.00
domino_z930.50
scostu1001.50
dbarton62431.50
Now_Rudi5700.00

05-08-2019, 07:49 AM   #10
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:

3. Instill Christian values in your kids or at least give them some kind of moral compass.

But hey, what do I know?
Other than #1 - show me some commonality between known shooters and your other "suggestions" and you might have a point.

A school being a "gun free" zone or not has no bearing. Teachers would still have to be authorized by the school to have firearms present in the buildings. "Gun free" zones don't apply to LEOs or security officers. Many sites of mass shootings aren't "gun free".

Bad parenting is not a new phenomenon, but mass shootings are (comparatively).

What are "Christian values"? Does that mean no Christians commit acts of violence? Is this a prologue to a "No True Scotsman" argument?
Appreciate 2
vtown56.00
minn195519.50

05-08-2019, 07:51 AM   #11
Savageenterprise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
I suspect it won't do a damn thing other than prompt the vermin to commit suicide after the deed...
Perhaps. Perhaps not

2018 340ix 6MT//BSM//Coral Red int//Alum Dark Carbon//19 in 704M double spoke Orbit Grey OEM wheels//CF side mirror caps//CF trunk lid spoiler//Dinan mid pipe res delete//BMS intake//Active Autowerke A8//Gloss Black M style grills//IND BSM Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 08:41 AM   #12
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Other than #1 - show me some commonality between known shooters and your other "suggestions" and you might have a point.

A school being a "gun free" zone or not has no bearing. Teachers would still have to be authorized by the school to have firearms present in the buildings. "Gun free" zones don't apply to LEOs or security officers. Many sites of mass shootings aren't "gun free".

Bad parenting is not a new phenomenon, but mass shootings are (comparatively).

What are "Christian values"? Does that mean no Christians commit acts of violence? Is this a prologue to a "No True Scotsman" argument?
The issue here is obviously culture. If you think children having unlimited access to the internet is not affecting them, we have nothing to talk about. I was born in 1990, this is my generation I'm talking about. As a child/adolescent, I searched for anything and everything you can imagine once I had access to the internet. I can recall several instances of what I found there that had a huge influence on me as a kid. Luckily I was grounded in my Christian beliefs which helped.

The problem is too far gone at this point. Best solution is to say fuck public schooling and have the private sector develop a robust home-school system where parents can both keep their kids safe and prevent them from being forced into state-mandated propaganda.

Last edited by DonaldPump; 05-08-2019 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 2
ny325444.50

05-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #13
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
In that case it is more than a little distasteful to dishonor the victims of this shooting by attempting to turn it into a dart to be thrown at political opponents, IMO.

Man wants to solve problem, but rules out the most logical solution to the problem...………….
Gimme my clothes, I want to stay naked
Appreciate 2
Deniz45.50
minn195519.50

05-08-2019, 08:54 AM   #14
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:

But hey, what do I know?
Agree with 1 thru 4. but please explain to me as a Christian, why is access to guns so important to you
Isnt the Lord God of heaven and your faith in him enough to protect you?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #15
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Man wants to solve problem, but rules out the most logical solution to the problem...………….
Source?
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2019, 08:57 AM   #16
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Agree with 1 thru 4. but please explain to me as a Christian, why is access to guns so important to you
God helps those that help themselves.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer13942.50
ny325444.50

05-08-2019, 08:58 AM   #17
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Gimme my clothes, I want to stay naked
The toothpaste is out of the tube on that front, my friend. How many guns are in private hands today?

Criminals will get guns if they want them, period. That reality is not going to change in my lifetime.

Let's look at some more immediate possible mitigation steps, shall we?
Appreciate 4
MKSixer13942.50
minn195519.50
Now_Rudi5700.00

05-08-2019, 09:03 AM   #18
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
The issue here is obviously culture. If you think children having unlimited access to the internet is not affecting them, we have nothing to talk about. I was born in 1990, this is my generation I'm talking about. As a child/adolescent, I searched for anything and everything you can imagine once I had access to the internet. I can recall several instances of what I found there that had a huge influence on me as a kid. Luckily I was grounded in my Christian beliefs which helped.
As I said, bad parenting is not new. Nor is there a good way to enforce, or really even encourage, bad parents to change their ways.

Quote:
And for the record, I am not actually saying anything I proposed will ever be taken seriously. In this disgusting world, my beliefs are "counter-culture" for believing that 3 year old boys shouldn't wear a dress.
Ridiculous. Also, show me some data that indicates transgenders are more prone to violent crime than cisgenders and we can talk. Until then, you're simply attempting to conflate your morality with actual causes of crime.

Quote:
The problem is too far gone at this point. Best solution is to say fuck public schooling and have the private sector develop a robust home-school system where parents can both keep their kids safe and prevent them from being forced into state-mandated propaganda.
And this would help the vast majority of mass shootings that don't take place at a school how? Further, how are private schools better equipped, necessarily, to handle this scenario than public schools?

Home schooling presents it's own set of social challenges for children.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer13942.50
vtown56.00
minn195519.50

05-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #19
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
As I said, bad parenting is not new. Nor is there a good way to enforce, or really even encourage, bad parents to change their ways.

Ridiculous. Also, show me some data that indicates transgenders are more prone to violent crime than cisgenders and we can talk. Until then, you're simply attempting to conflate your morality with actual causes of crime.

And this would help the vast majority of mass shootings that don't take place at a school how? Further, how are private schools better equipped, necessarily, to handle this scenario than public schools?

Home schooling presents it's own set of social challenges for children.
Yeah I’m not gonna do the whole song and dance where you pick apart every statement, no thanks.

Our culture is fucked and that’s why kids get shot in schools. So that’s my take on it, what are your recommendations for fixing the problem?
Appreciate 4
MKSixer13942.50
ny325444.50
Now_Rudi5700.00

05-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #20
N54Yankee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
Not a proponent of torture myself but for discussions sake, if the death penalty and torture would prompt school shooters to eat a bullet themselves I say that's a good thing. Some not all of these nuts want to live and look forward to the notoriety they receive from the killings. They might not be so anxious to murder if they don't get to enjoy the 'fame'.
Sure would save tons of money not having to incarararte them for life or worse still they get released after 20-25 years because some lib psychologist says he's rehabilitated and no longer a threat, we see that way to often.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #21
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I’m not gonna do the whole song and dance where you pick apart every statement, no thanks.
Oh, you mean a discussion. Yeah, I can see where you wouldn't want to do that on a discussion forum.

Quote:
Our culture is fucked and that’s why kids get shot in schools. So that’s my take on it, what are your recommendations for fixing the problem?
I think trying to de-stigmatize (is that a word?) mental health issues, by which more people would get treated, would be a giant step in the right direction.

I don't think everyone being armed is a viable solution, however. ESPECIALLY in school scenarios. Most LEOs are undertrained when it comes to using their weapons proficiently (IMO) - I can only imagine what it would be like for teachers.

Honestly, I don't know what else. If I had the answers, I'd be off making a fortune from it, not talking about here with you jamokes.
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump5406.00
minn195519.50

05-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #22
Mason Hatcher
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
You are not serious...
Appreciate 0